781 5 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6224147 ft
Cyprus

Hi,
I think I am experiencing an issue with upward obstacle avoidance on my Air 2s.
While it does show the upward obstacle distance on screen, it does not work with tree branches and the indoor ceiling of my room at the house.
I haven't done extensive testing with this for fear of damaging it.
It's a new  undamaged drone.
Forward, downward and posterior avoidance function fine.
Any ideas?
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for reaching out and apologies for any inconvenience caused. The Vision Systems have a limited ability to sense and avoid obstacles, and their performance may be affected by the surrounding environment. Make sure to maintain a visual line of sight with the aircraft and pay attention to prompts in DJI Fly. Additionally, the effective measurement range of the DJI Air 2S upward vision sensor is as follows:
Precision measurement range: 0.37 to 23.6 m
FOV: 78° (horizontal), 63° (vertical)
You may also refer to the User Manual (page 18) and check the recommended conditions of flying the drone with Vision Systems: {Link: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Air_2S/DJI_Air_2S_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf}
Furthermore, we suggest you refresh or update the firmware of the drone and the remote controller via the DJI Assistant 2: (https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads). Also, ensure that the sensors are clean before use. It is recommended to clean it with a lens cloth. If the same behavior is observed after multiple tests, please report it as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2022-11-22
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

Thank you for the reply.
I noticed that the 'issue' occurs only when I have sideways flight disabled.
When I turn that off, the aircraft respondes to upward obstacles normally.
But when I switch off the sideways flight it does not stop it's upward motion regardless of the fact that it recognizes the obstacle on screen.
Is this normal?
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fable Posted at 11-23 01:42
Thank you for the reply.
I noticed that the 'issue' occurs only when I have sideways flight disabled.
When I turn that off, the aircraft respondes to upward obstacles normally.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you be able to record a video for us?
2022-11-23
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

I'll have to do some more testing in different lighting conditions.
Thank you
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fable Posted at 11-24 11:57
I'll have to do some more testing in different lighting conditions.
Thank you

You are most welcome and thank you for your response, fable. We will wait for you to reach back. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules