Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Transmission Monitor - Cannot Update (for the life of me)
1630 6 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emilian Dechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I just got the DJI Transmission Combo and for the life of me - I cannot update it.

That would not be a problem, if I can use the monitor. But it seems, that DJI has been pretty smart lately and so they locked the product not to be used until updated.

In order to use the product I have to activate it. But in order to activate it, I have to update it.

So in such a case that I really cannot update it, it seems - I cannot use it. At all.

I call this kind of terribly smart marketing - "Catch 22". So, thank DJI about this catch 22. Now I will have to return the product.

Here are 4 pics of the process, to confirm my words:

step1.jpg
step2.jpg
step3.jpg
step4.jpg
2022-11-22
Use props
Emilian Dechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Oh and yeah... also this happened:

2022-11-22
Use props
HRB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2161109 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi when I had trouble it turned out I was using the wrong assistant.
You need DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series)  here’s a link to the download.
https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/transmission/downloads
This is not the same as the Pro Assistant for Ronin.
Hope it helps.
2022-11-25
Use props
Emilian Dechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Hey HRB, thanks for the reply, but please check out the screenshots that I have posted - I have clearly used the "DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series)" so that is the right one.

UPDATE:
Eventually I completed the update process. I did not change anything. It just continued to crash and I continued to restart it, like maybe 30 times... and then in 02:00 AM it just happened.

So DJI, please fix your update software going into different "moods" like a little girl would ;)
2022-11-25
Use props
HRB
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How are you finding it works now you’ve got it working?
Are you using it with Ronin 2 and Wheels?
2022-11-25
Use props
Emilian Dechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

No, I am just using it as a video transmitter. I tested it in a very busy city area and the signal reached 800 meters before dying. So yeah, that is a great transmitter!
2022-11-25
Use props
HRB
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep if your just using if for that I works great. A bit power hungry but much more reliable than our Bolt 3000 for a fraction of the cost.
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules