Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How does Airsense and Remote ID work with DJI RC
1420 5 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbrowntv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 964596 ft
  • >>>
United States

When using the stock controller on my Mavic 3, it makes sense to me that all those nice features would work becuase I'm presumably connected to the internet via my phone. But how does Remote ID and ADS-B/Airsense work when I'm flying with the DJI RC? It explicitly tells me that it is disconnecting from my phone/internet ahead of each flight, so am I flying blind compared to using the stock controller + my phone? Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain.
2022-11-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Airsense is a receiver of ADS-B out sent by other aircraft, the drone only receives and displays that position. Remote ID is wifi sent by the drone, nothing to do with the RC. The GPS coordinates of each are included in the control signal between the RC and drone.
2022-11-22
Use props
pbrowntv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 964596 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-22 13:27
Airsense is a receiver of ADS-B out sent by other aircraft, the drone only receives and displays that position. Remote ID is wifi sent by the drone, nothing to do with the RC. The GPS coordinates of each are included in the control signal between the RC and drone.

Interesting. Thank you!
2022-11-22
Use props
AndyAusmAquarium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft
Germany

airdsense
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to Mobilehomer's comment posted above. Additionally, when you use the DJI RC, you are suggested to connect it to a network. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-22
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-22 13:27
Airsense is a receiver of ADS-B out sent by other aircraft, the drone only receives and displays that position. Remote ID is wifi sent by the drone, nothing to do with the RC. The GPS coordinates of each are included in the control signal between the RC and drone.

Correct, Neither DJI Airsense and Remote ID depends on the network, however RC connected with network could speed up postioning of RC, especially when your RC's GPS is weak. RC location is required by FAA Remote ID. Hope this information is helpful to you.
2022-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules