DJI AVATA overheating
1939 9 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SHEYBAN
New

Saudi Arabia

Hello there,

I do have an issue Dji AVATA get overheat once i run it with fun battery and i receive message that says " Avata overheat" even without flying. please support.

2022-11-22
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

You will get overheating when you are not flying it, flying will keep it cool. But I guess in Saudi Arabia its like cooking temperature now?
2022-11-22
Use props
SHEYBAN
New

Saudi Arabia

Nees Posted at 11-22 16:49
You will get overheating when you are not flying it, flying will keep it cool. But I guess in Saudi Arabia its like cooking temperature now?

Weather in saudi so beautiful we don't have two much temperatures.
The issue is once i connect battery after 5 min the aircraft get overheat and red light show on.

I have update aircraft but issue still and cannot fly due to overheat
2022-11-22
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would try plug the aircraft to a PC and click on "REFRESH" the Firmware on your DJI Assistant. If no cure, contact DJI support
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Sheyban. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide the exact error message together with the error code? Please check also if your flight environment is within the Operating Temperature Range. Below is the Operating Temperature Range of DJI Avata Aircraft, DJI FPV Goggles V2, DJI Motion Controller, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2:

-10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)

We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-22
Use props
SHEYBAN
New

Saudi Arabia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 20:13
Hello, Sheyban. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide the exact error message together with the error code? Please check also if your flight environment is within the Operating Temperature Range. Below is the Operating Temperature Range of DJI Avata Aircraft, DJI FPV Goggles V2, DJI Motion Controller, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2:

-10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)

message ( battery capacity not updated for extend period).

I get this message when with fully charged so that i upgraded the latest firmware but not working. As i mentioned perviously issue is once i connect battery to drone after 5 min drone get overheat and red light shows.  
Is this problem maybe battery is expired and need new one or what i need solution please..   
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SHEYBAN Posted at 11-23 00:45

I get this message when with fully charged so that i upgraded the latest firmware but not working. As i mentioned perviously issue is once i connect battery to drone after 5 min drone get overheat and red light shows.  

Hello, Sheyban. Thank you for getting back to us. Please refresh the firmware by putting the battery into the drone then connect your drone to your computer. Here's the link to the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) Software which you should install on your computer to perform the firmware refresh: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata. Also, please note that DJI Avata does not have a heat dissipation system, it will continue to heat up if it is left in the drone for a long time even without taking odd, and it will automatically shut down if it exceeds the threshold. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-11-23
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

SHEYBAN Posted at 11-23 00:45

i dont think its battery issue, as i got the similar error when i first received my Avata and turn it on for first update...
it got hot and turned to overheat protection(shutting down) after around 8 mins of updating... finally i turned my air conditioner on and let the drone updating itself in a cooler place... its my solution.

After that time, i havent experienced any overheating issue yet...
the main point is that you cannot letting it idle for too long before taking-off as the O3 unit is hotter than the previous version
so you need to let it fly to allow more air in for cooling the main board

hope my experience helped
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_ciLNqL1ALSFS
New
United States

In the USA still getting the overheat message
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ciLNqL1ALSFS Posted at 9-4 10:01
In the USA still getting the overheat message

Hello there. Are you also getting the same "Battery capacity not updated for ext" error? Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules