Zoom wheel not working
4124 2 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaggieM
New

United States

I purchased the Osmo Mobile 6 in mid-October to use with an iPhone 13 pro. It looked pretty intuitive, based on a friend's 5 and online reviews. There is a lot to learn!

I have picked it up and put it down multiple times. I have figured a few things out, but the side wheel has never functioned for zooming or anything else. I watched the absolute-beginner's tutorial at the beginning, watched some youtube tips, came back today, watched the beginner's thingie again, and tried to follow along to zoom with the side wheel. Nada.

Do I have a lemon? Or am I making a beginner's mistake? Help please!

Maggie

2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, MaggieM. Thank you for reaching out and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to follow the steps below:

Enter the DJI Mimo camera view:
1. Rotate the side wheel on the left of the grip to control zooming, and the quality of the image after this adjustment lies in the phone camera performance.
2. Press the side wheel once to switch it to focusing, and the actual imaging effect also lies in the phone camera.

If the issue still persists, please try another phone as the focusing/zooming function of Osmo Mobile 6 depends on the APIs open to DJI Mimo and the performance of the phone camera. If the issue persists please provide us with a video showing the operation. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-22
Use props
MaggieM
New

United States

"Enter the DJI Mimo camera view"
This was the piece of information I needed. The new-user tutorial did not clarify that the zoom is done via the "mimo camera view", not the camera view. Thank you - once I went into the app, and clicked on Device, the side wheel functioned as described.

I do want to say that your comment about trying a different phone suggests that you didn't read all of the information I shared in my OP - I use an iPhone 13 pro, which should certainly have an "API open to DJI Mimo" as well as an adequate phone camera.
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules