1541 14 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know there are existing threads about this but I'm still too angry to search for them. Today, after making sure I signed in to my account in GS RTK on the P4 RTK remote at home where I had an internet connection, I drove an hour and then hiked > 2 km to an intertidal site in order to map it at low tide. As expected, there was no cell service so I had no internet connection.

GS RTK would not let me fly without signing in, which I was unable to do.

I had to hike back to my vehicle and drive ~10 km to get an internet connection, sign in again in GS RTK, drive back and hike down to the site again. This cost me > 45 minutes and the best of the low tide.

What possible reason is there to require the PIC to sign in to their account in order to fly? This requirement needs to be eliminated. This is supposedly "Professional" gear. Professionals are not hobbyists- we fly because it is our job to do so. When we can't fly due to a ridiculous glitch like this, it costs us money and/or data quality.
2022-11-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Unfortunately, with the release of the M3M, our problems will probably never be answered.
Dear Moderators, Administrator, do not bother to answer I will do it for you:

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Please keep us posted. Your kind understanding is appreciated, and thank you for your valued support.

No, I haven't got my hands on your automatic polite response algorithm, but I'm getting used to it.
2022-11-23
Use props
Guille_Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

F*****KKK!!!
2022-11-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Guille_Meinero Posted at 11-23 06:43
F*****KKK!!!

Yes, as you wrote !
2022-11-23
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LOL thanks for the sympathy guys. I should have included that the site was within a CA State Park, a National Marine Sanctuary, and a Sea Otter Refuge, requiring permits from 3 state and federal agencies, 1 of which was valid for yesterday only. The permits took weeks to secure and another of them (not the single day one) was dependent on all others being valid. So there was no "oh we'll just do this tomorrow".

@Guille_Meinero those were my exact words (without the stars), and more!

@LV_Forestry if you ever need a job I'm sure you can find one as a DJI Forum Moderator- you have their response down!
2022-11-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

patiam Posted at 11-23 08:33
LOL thanks for the sympathy guys. I should have included that the site was within a CA State Park, a National Marine Sanctuary, and a Sea Otter Refuge, requiring permits from 3 state and federal agencies, 1 of which was valid for yesterday only. The permits took weeks to secure and another of them (not the single day one) was dependent on all others being valid. So there was no "oh we'll just do this tomorrow".

@Guille_Meinero those were my exact words (without the stars), and more!

Yes I'm getting used to their politically correct answers. For the Business / Agriculture part there is, in my opinion, a moderator who does his job well. DJI Natalia. The others, we have the impression that they are there because they saw the light and they entered.

2022-11-23
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Agreed @DJI Natalia is the best. The others may as well be bots.
2022-11-25
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

I had the sams problem last year, I hiked 5 km and drove 20 to sign in gs rtk and start working in a valley.
This is insane.
Now I always check the login the night before.

Another stupid thing is to wait an sms when you need to fly in a restricted area, that usually are not the same as official aeronautical maps.

We are working, not playing.
2022-11-26
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@Lowlee yes I always make sure to sign in the day before or same day as well... But in this case it didn't work.

There is simply no reason why logging in should be required. It's not like there is a software licensing issue or need to access files on the cloud or any other need. Nothing.
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Could you please try the following details to see if your problem can be resolved?
Please do not log out after logging in to the DJI account in a place with Internet access, then you can check if you can fly when there is no network.

If you still have any problems, please let us know.
Please don't worry, we will do our best to help.
2022-11-27
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi @DJI Natalia-

As I mentioned in my original post, I resolved the issue -THIS TIME, and only at considerable hardship. And I did not log out after logging in the night before. I simply turned off the RC.

The problem has always been, and continues to be, that even if one makes sure to sign in the day/night before attempting a flight in a location with no internet access, there is (and never has been) any guarantee that they will be able to fly once they get there. Most of the time the previous sign-in will still be active at flight time, but not always. And as Murphy decrees, when it does not work, it seems to generally be at the worst times.

The solution is simple: remove the need to sign in before flying. There's no reason for it. It is not just an inconvenience but is costing your customers monetarily. It never should have been there to begin with.

I know, I know, you'll forward the request to the engineers. And nothing will happen. Thank you for your efforts.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 11-28 23:10
Hi @DJI Natalia-

As I mentioned in my original post, I resolved the issue -THIS TIME, and only at considerable hardship. And I did not log out after logging in the night before. I simply turned off the RC.

Hi, Patiam.
Sorry for the belated reply.
We have confirmed your problem with the team again. If you didn’t log out of the DJI account and only turn off the remote control, there should be no need to log in again. However, there is one case that may cause the login status to be invalid - When the user change the password of the DJI account. Based on this situation, we suggest you test several times to see if the same problems still occur. If you still encounter this problem, please keep us updated, we will do our best to help.
In addition, we have also forwarded your needs to the relevant team, but considering the flight safety and relevant regulations, it is important to set up a login account to fly. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience and hope you can understand this as well.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Note: You can reply to my answer directly or send me a PM. Otherwise, I may not be able to see your message in time.
2022-12-12
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Natalia-
Thanks for checking back in. I don't know what to tell you other than the key word in the statement "there should be no need to log in again" is "should". I'm not saying your engineers are lying, but I'm certain this has happened to me before. Not often, but on occasion. And I've never changed my DJI account password. Usually it happens in a place where I have interenet connectivity (b/c I generally use NTRIP), so I can simply sign in and then fly. But sometimes it is in a place where there is no internet, which is really terrible. I can't tell you why it happens, only that it does. Perhaps your engineers are not able to test all possible ways that it could occur.

On the topic of whether a sign in should be needed, what safety or legal reasons are there to require it? There are plenty of drones for both hobbyist and professional use that do not require one to sign in to an account before flying. This is supposed to be professional gear. DJI should not be standing in the way of professionals trying to do their jobs. It costs us money, time and peace of mind.

2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

I ran into this login issue a couple of weeks ago while out in the middle of nowhere.  I'd been P4RTK mapping a long valley in the morning and then was simply flying to get oblique shots of the area.  Moved the base station to another location down the valley to continue the mapping work and Voila!, suddenly, half way through the day, needed to figure out how to do a login, sans cell service, without doing a thirty minute drive to create a hotspot.  A few choice phrases were definitely echoing up and down the valley. I've learned that DJI is not my friend.  Them removing the ability to store the satellite images on the controller earlier this year was bad enough but a stupid login requirement sealed the deal for me.  Next drone will definitely not be a DJI.
2023-10-15
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz Posted at 10-15 08:13
I ran into this login issue a couple of weeks ago while out in the middle of nowhere.  I'd been P4RTK mapping a long valley in the morning and then was simply flying to get oblique shots of the area.  Moved the base station to another location down the valley to continue the mapping work and Voila!, suddenly, half way through the day, needed to figure out how to do a login, sans cell service, without doing a thirty minute drive to create a hotspot.  A few choice phrases were definitely echoing up and down the valley. I've learned that DJI is not my friend.  Them removing the ability to store the satellite images on the controller earlier this year was bad enough but a stupid login requirement sealed the deal for me.  Next drone will definitely not be a DJI.

Not that it helps, but we feel your pain.

It is good to see more non-DJI options becoming available.
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules