o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rockel83 Posted at 11-27 07:28
Thanks! We're going to find out

I was actually still looking for the OA1 too. It seems to be a verry decent camera, and it's specs would have still been sufficient for me. But those camera's are nowhere to be found for a decent price annymore. Some place even charge more for it then the OA3.

There are a few used AO1 for sale here and have been temped to buy, but I have too many action cameras already
OA1, OA3, GP10 and Pocket 2, but plan to sell Pocket 2 and GP10.
2022-11-27
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rockel83 Posted at 11-27 08:04
Thank you!
Yes I like that option of the custom presets a lot. The camera is verry customizable with this. You can make just a preset for every ocasion. Verry convenient

I forgot one other useful GoPro thing that is really useful ….

Spot metering by just touching on the screen what you want to use as the basis of the exposure. I find that gets me brilliant exposures most of the time.
2022-11-27
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-27 10:48
I forgot one other useful GoPro thing that is really useful ….

Spot metering by just touching on the screen what you want to use as the basis of the exposure. I find that gets me brilliant exposures most of the time.

This gadget is great. It's a shame that it's the only thing you can do when it's recording, no display off time, switching front to back....
2022-11-27
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 11-27 10:19
There are a few used AO1 for sale here and have been temped to buy, but I have too many action cameras already
OA1, OA3, GP10 and Pocket 2, but plan to sell Pocket 2 and GP10.

I almost managed to buy a newly sealed OA1 for €200 with a lot of accessories. But this was at the same moment that I had ordered the OA3. And I really wanted to give it a shot.

But never found it after for that price, even not when they were used. And I think over €250 for a used action cam out of 2020 get's a bit pricey.
Same goes for the OA2, found it last week for €200 on Amazon, which is a good price I think. But I really don't like this modular design. I feel like DJI had to stick to the OA1 design there.

But see how the GP11 suits me now. Actually could not complain about when looking to the price I got it for. I should even reconsidered the OA3 for a lower price though.
2022-11-27
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-27 10:48
I forgot one other useful GoPro thing that is really useful ….

Spot metering by just touching on the screen what you want to use as the basis of the exposure. I find that gets me brilliant exposures most of the time.

Oh yes! I've read about it in the manual yesterday. and played around with it a bit. Looks like a verry usefull feature indeed!
The feature to lock the exposure is a verry neat feature within this btw
2022-11-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Rockel83 Posted at 11-27 11:31
I almost managed to buy a newly sealed OA1 for €200 with a lot of accessories. But this was at the same moment that I had ordered the OA3. And I really wanted to give it a shot.

But never found it after for that price, even not when they were used. And I think over €250 for a used action cam out of 2020 get's a bit pricey.

I was actually thinking they would stick to the modular system since it would be easier and cheaper for both parties. I do like modular system like Insta360 have, but it is a  pain to use.

And I'm soo looking forward to getting my OA3 back, but lack of daylight up here in the northern part of Norway is an issue for doing good tests outdoors.
2022-11-27
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 11-27 13:40
I was actually thinking they would stick to the modular system since it would be easier and cheaper for both parties. I do like modular system like Insta360 have, but it is a  pain to use.

And I'm soo looking forward to getting my OA3 back, but lack of daylight up here in the northern part of Norway is an issue for doing good tests outdoors.

Yes, same problem here in Holland at the moment. It's quite rainy and grey. Not verry good conditions to do a propper testing with.

Well the modular system is actually a good concept. But I think it's verry badly designed on the OA2.
I was also looking for the Insta360 4K unit. It has quite a sharp price now, And it's specs look great too. But I don't like the idea that you seem to use the app or other software to retract some of the files. I just want it to be able to grab straight away from the SD-card and not need to convert or process things first.

I think camera's like the OA3 or the GP11 are even more convenient in the end. Just a small and easy solid build, with small and easy to replace batteries. This kind of batteries are smaller and even cheaper then those on the OA2 or Insta 360. And there's also a bigger aftermarket alternative for it.
2022-11-27
Use props
Ilya187
lvl.2

Russia

My standart combo. Date 9/2022. I uploaded video in 4k/60fps stabilization is disabled, the viewing angle is standard (correction). Distance 30cm.

What you think? in my opinion not bad...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jqVX9UiXrp7lIqBs8ExzLMx1SJTVXjD8/view?usp=share_link

2022-11-27
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ilya187 Posted at 11-27 22:46
My standart combo. Date 9/2022. I uploaded video in 4k/60fps stabilization is disabled, the viewing angle is standard (correction). Distance 30cm.

Your cam seems to have a good focus.
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Rockel83 Posted at 11-27 16:06
Yes, same problem here in Holland at the moment. It's quite rainy and grey. Not verry good conditions to do a propper testing with.

Well the modular system is actually a good concept. But I think it's verry badly designed on the OA2.

You can setup everything you want in the camera so no need for the Insta360 Studio software. It have incamera stabilization as an option, it came in a firmware.
But for best results you use the studio software and choose stabilization and lens profile (wide etc.) from there. But that is an extra and slow step.
2022-11-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Ilya187 Posted at 11-27 22:46

Wow, that's very good. I'm envious.
2022-11-28
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

So...nobody here, have unit from October or November ?
2022-12-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Kamen666 Posted at 12-1 06:29

I think I may have seen someone posted an October unit somewhere but I don’t remember who, when, and where.
2022-12-1
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

This one from November batch looks nice I think ;)

2022-12-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Although I don't particularly find the "test" too useful because there's no close focusing on things and he is moving the camera at dizzying speed.
2022-12-1
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 12-1 09:27
Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Although I don't particularly find the "test" too useful because there's no close focusing on things and he is moving the camera at dizzying speed.

He does some close-up video with the leaves which looks pretty good.  You can even pause the video at various points and everything looks very good and in focus.
2022-12-1
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

osmonauta Posted at 12-1 09:27
Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Although I don't particularly find the "test" too useful because there's no close focusing on things and he is moving the camera at dizzying speed.

Look after 0:17
2022-12-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

This is what I call a (close) focus test. Just look at how sharp this is.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =277149&pid=2917856
2022-12-1
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

osmonauta Posted at 12-1 23:38
This is what I call a (close) focus test. Just look at how sharp this is.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =277149&pid=2917856

I saw it...it's great !
2022-12-2
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

I'm starting to see on different forums and others, negative feedback on heating problems very quickly and autonomy which would have become catastrophic?
Has anyone encountered this problem?
Because if to have the same worries as on the gopro 9... no thank you
2022-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Darklf Posted at 12-3 00:42
I'm starting to see on different forums and others, negative feedback on heating problems very quickly and autonomy which would have become catastrophic?
Because if to have the same worries as on the gopro 9... no thank you

Maybe catastrophic is a bit strong, most action cams are prone to overheating when used excessively particularly in high resolution. I can tell you the A3 is so much better than the A2 which got a bad rep because of this but also handles heat really well for a action camera.people just noticing the heat because they are now in very warm environment’s downloading and uploading FW and filming indoors so stretching the cameras to the limit.
2022-12-3
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

hallmark007 Posted at 12-3 02:14
Maybe catastrophic is a bit strong, most action cams are prone to overheating when used excessively particularly in high resolution. I can tell you the A3 is so much better than the A2 which got a bad rep because of this but also handles heat really well for a action camera.people just noticing the heat because they are now in very warm environment’s downloading and uploading FW and filming indoors so stretching the cameras to the limit.

Have you been a victim of these issues?
And when are there autonomy concerns encountered? or extinction?
I'm lost .... between buying the gopro11 (which solved these worries) or this action3 that tempts me ...
2022-12-3
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Darklf Posted at 12-3 00:42
I'm starting to see on different forums and others, negative feedback on heating problems very quickly and autonomy which would have become catastrophic?
Because if to have the same worries as on the gopro 9... no thank you

I just did a 25 minute test using the new FW.
4k, 30fps, 4:3, RockSteady, regular video (not 10bit or HDR). Every once in a while I turned on the front and the back LCD. Sometimes I moved the camera, walking around in the room. After 25 minutes the camera was barely warm. You could feel a little warmth on the front LCD but nothing significant.

I use a 64GB Sandisk Extreme card (not the Pro version).
2022-12-3
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

osmonauta Posted at 12-3 03:35
I just did a 25 minute test using the new FW.
4k, 30fps, 4:3, RockSteady, regular video (not 10bit or HDR). Every once in a while I turned on the front and the back LCD. Sometimes I moved the camera, walking around in the room. After 25 minutes the camera was barely warm. You could feel a little warmth on the front LCD but nothing significant.

thank you for feedback
2022-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Darklf Posted at 12-3 03:04
Have you been a victim of these issues?
And when are there autonomy concerns encountered? or extinction?
I'm lost .... between buying the gopro11 (which solved these worries) or this action3 that tempts me ...

No I’ve never been a victim but am always deeply surprised about those complaining about the heat these small cameras give off. I can guarantee you the heat dissipation of the osmo is so much better than GP any number.
2022-12-3
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

hallmark007 Posted at 12-3 07:52
No I’ve never been a victim but am always deeply surprised about those complaining about the heat these small cameras give off. I can guarantee you the heat dissipation of the osmo is so much better than GP any number.

Thank you for your feelings
what do you think of the latest update?
2022-12-3
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

Ok... so... I am a proud owner of an October camera. I was happy, focus was good, everything worked great, recording in 4K 60FPS for about an hour and no overheating. I was really happy... until... the latest firmware came out. First I was amazed about the new features. Great colours, excellent rock steady plus... and then it happened! After about 9 minutes the first overheating at 4K 30FPS! I thought, maybe to warm in the room? But it happened again and again and again. Very annoying because I was at work trying to record a 1:30 hours continuous work. Well, no success! So today I tryed a few changings on the settings and indeed, depending on the FOV and on the image enhancement, the camera was overheating sometimes faster and sometimes it was doing well. Just because the cam reacts different at every single setting, I gave up on trying every  possible mode. The thing is, mostly it overheats and stops the recording. Another thing is the new FOV (narrow) setting. It seems like a digitally enlarged image, very ugly IMHO. And last but not least, the battery... it discharges way faster now. I mean, if the cam would work properly, without overheating, I probably would not care about it since I own 3 batteries but, since it's not working as it should, I thought, I have to mention the problem. I still love the camera and I'm not thinking of changing but I am really courious to see how and when DJI is going to fix this issue. :-)
2022-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Darklf Posted at 12-3 08:48
Thank you for your feelings
what do you think of the latest update?

The latest FW Update for me has seen really good improvements much better picture overall and some nice added features HDR and 10 bit .
2022-12-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

YIM 10-2022 did  few sample shots then loaded the latest wow'd  Foul weather so I did not expect perfection will see when wx permits

2022-12-3
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Fishycomics Posted at 12-3 15:56
YIM 10-2022 did  few sample shots then loaded the latest wow'd  Foul weather so I did not expect perfection will see when wx permits

Nice to hear it
2022-12-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

and when  i was out in that day lite which today I need to edit some I am going to be amazed
2022-12-5
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Fishycomics Posted at 12-5 11:50
and when  i was out in that day lite which today I need to edit some I am going to be amazed

Share the results
2022-12-6
Use props
FwB
lvl.2
United States

I just played the camera lottery.  Got one 2022/9 and one 2022/8.  Both have the focus issues.  I am sending one back and trying to get the other replaced through their warranty replacement program.  I wish we didn't have to go through this mess to get a camera in focus.  I can't use the GoPro's due to their overheating issues.  Only the Hero 8 can film what I do and it has a mess of issues itself (like eating video clips).  I am at a huge loss because of this.  I really wish Sony kept moving forward with their action cameras.  The HDR-AS50 was the best when it was released.
2022-12-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

guess they are getting old stock out  good luck on the warranty
2022-12-24
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

FwB Posted at 12-24 09:37
I just played the camera lottery.  Got one 2022/9 and one 2022/8.  Both have the focus issues.  I am sending one back and trying to get the other replaced through their warranty replacement program.  I wish we didn't have to go through this mess to get a camera in focus.  I can't use the GoPro's due to their overheating issues.  Only the Hero 8 can film what I do and it has a mess of issues itself (like eating video clips).  I am at a huge loss because of this.  I really wish Sony kept moving forward with their action cameras.  The HDR-AS50 was the best when it was released.

Are you ordering them directly with DJI or Amazon?  Are they combo packages?  Thanks for the info.
2022-12-24
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I just played the camera lottery.  Got one 2022/9 and one 2022/8.  Both have the focus issues.  I am sending one back and trying to get the other replaced through their warranty replacement program.  I wish we didn't have to go through this mess to get a camera in focus.  I can't use the GoPro's due to their overheating issues.  Only the Hero 8 can film what I do and it has a mess of issues itself (like eating video clips).  I am at a huge loss because of this.  I really wish Sony kept moving forward with their action cameras.  The HDR-AS50 was the best when it was released.

This doesn’t make any sense , you bought 2 cameras both are faulty yet you think one should be replaced through care refresh and the other through warranty. This makes no sense …
2022-12-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-1 06:29

Yup I have and they are very good........ Go buy one with all those pennies you have saved
2022-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you ever heard the expression........ ' A bad workman blames his tools'

You seem to have a lot of faulty tools ................ Mmmmmmmmmmm
2022-12-29
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-29 13:33
Yup I have and they are very good........ Go buy one with all those pennies you have saved

I already have 3 devices, did you forget that I beat your record?
2022-12-30
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-29 13:35
Have you ever heard the expression........ ' A bad workman blames his tools'

Reinvented nonsense .... again...
2022-12-30
Use props
1234Next >