12Next >
6807 52 2022-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owlpeach
lvl.1

Germany

Hey

I'm still wavering between a GP11 and a Osmo Action 3, and one thing I can't find for the Osmo Action 3 are ND Filters.

I know there aren't any in the official store, but are there other companies selling ND Filters for the Osmo Action 3? Preferably in Europe?

Thanks!
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Owlpeach. Thank you for reaching out. You are correct, we currently don't have any ND filter yet for Action 3. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Hopefully, other DJI users can provide some recommendations. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_oKgRxwKbwAp0
lvl.4
Italy

The SKYREAT is a great choice for now . 4 nd filters 4 8 16 32 and a polarized lens kit. You can find it on Amazon .

https://amzn.to/3UZKyV2

I've been using them for a month, excellent quality and sharp images
2022-11-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

There's also the Freewell ones (I think they are expensive - depending on your budget), and JSR which you can find on AliExpress.
2022-11-23
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Telesin: 4 clip-on filter
Cpl
8nd
16nd
32nd
2022-11-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 11-27 09:21
Telesin: 4 pop up filter
Cpl
8nd
Telesin clip-on Filter.Diameter 39,6mm/high 6,65mm
I need some 40mm or 41mm coin cases for protect the Filter in my pocket, the box is to large
.You put the lens over the cover lens
IMG_20221206_104731.jpg
IMG_20221206_105939.jpg
2022-12-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

--- DELETED ----

Ok, scratch all this. Yes, the JSR filters seem to have good BUILD quality, the lenses, box looks nice, but the image quality is HORRENDOUS! DO NOT BUY! They produce a horrible circular white halo in the image, especially if you point the camera towards a bright light source, eg, sun or lightbulb.

They are going back. Well, I've tried it. First set. Got them for 40 bucks, and quality here quality there I'm NOT shelling out 75 bucks + shipping for Freewell or anything in that price range. I will just scratch the motion blur in timelapses and that's it.

2022-12-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 12-6 03:28
Just got my JSR ND-PL filter kit from AliExpress. Feels rugged and good quality. The case is nice, the padding is a soft foam-like material. Got the 4-in-1 package (ND8-PL, ND16-PL, ND32-PL, ND64-PL).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004866667330.html

I see it points to single filters only not the kit you show Osmonauta
2022-12-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 12-6 04:17
I see it points to single filters only not the kit you show Osmonauta

You have to select the kit. There are various kits listed there.
2022-12-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 12-6 05:10
You have to select the kit. There are various kits listed there.

got to be careful purchasing at Alixexpress.
2022-12-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 12-6 06:08

Generally yes, but I figured I give this kit a try. I don't have the budget for expensive filters. I have also checked out a couple of people before purchase who did reviews on JSR filters on YT, using them with their DJI drones and the quality seemed pretty good.
2022-12-6
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 12-6 06:08
Why?? to europa it is save

btw: expensiv apple phones build in china
2022-12-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

lutzmix Posted at 12-6 06:33
Why?? to europa it is save

lol they all come one place Called Mother Earth.    Yep I look into a pair too
2022-12-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

BTW, they sell the same JSR garbage on Amazon, too, except for twice as much as on AliExpress.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Fenma ... amera/dp/B0BFHVHD3S

DJI_20221206142227_0024_D.jpg
JSR lens.jpg
2022-12-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I'm not a lens/filter expert but I think the problem with the JSR filters might be that the inner part of the filter (indicated by the red arrow) is smooth. When you look at other filters, or even the lens protector that came with the Action 3, the same part of the filters have multiple ridges, kind of like stairs. Because this is smooth, maybe that is causing these reflection - but I'm not entirely sure. Otherwise the lens feels good quality.

2022-12-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

lutzmix Posted at 12-6 01:58
Telesin popup Filter.Diameter 39,6mm/high 6,65mm
I need some 40mm or 41mm coin cases for protect the Filter in my pocket, the box is to large
.You put the lens over the cover lens

I saw when you put the ND filter on you got some jittering if you look on windows in distance.

Looks like OA3 have same problem that GoPro have, making stabilization act like it is in low light.
2022-12-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Someone who has a "good quality" ND filter for the Action 3, could you shoot a short video where the camera is pointed towards a strong lightsource, eg sun? (Like when you are shooting the sky with clouds and the sun is out there.) Could you move the camera left and right to see if you filter produces a halo when is pointed towards a light source?

Here's a video I took. I'd like to see if a "good quality" filter - whatever that might be - produces similar results if pointed towards a light source. In this case I used an ND32-PL filter. (The seller claims there's nothing wrong with the filter.) Thank you!

And here's one without the filter:

2022-12-7
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 12-7 02:20
Someone who has a "good quality" ND filter for the Action 3, could you shoot a short video where the camera is pointed towards a strong lightsource, eg sun? (Like when you are shooting the sky with clouds and the sun is out there.) Could you move the camera left and right to see if you filter produces a halo when is pointed towards a light source?

Here's a video I took. I'd like to see if a "good quality" filter - whatever that might be - produces similar results if pointed towards a light source. In this case I used an ND32-PL filter. (The seller claims there's nothing wrong with the filter.) Thank you!
@osmonauta
camera settings, filter no
your filter is not ok
open a dispute with the dealer!!
all filter with this image?

today no sun here

Filter: Telesin clip-on  nd8  ( first 17sec )

4k hdr superwide

2022-12-7
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Thanks for the footage!

I looked up those clip-on Telesin filters, I like them but unfortunately it doesn’t come with ND64 and I would like to have a 64 filter, too.

Here's the link to it if anyone interested:
https://www.telesinstore.com/collections/for-osmo-action-3/products/telesin-cpl-nd8-16-32-filter-set-for-dji-action-3

2022-12-7
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

https://youtube.com/shorts/QPVyusgcscI?feature=share
we need a simple  clip-on step-up Adapter for the Action 3 lens.

with Aktion 1 ,I use a variable nd 2-400 filter ,hopeTenenele will produce one
IMG_20221207_175831.jpg
IMG_20221209_095826.jpg
2022-12-7
Use props
DaveInMoto
lvl.2
Italy

I bought the skyreat kit on amazon i've tried just once but they are good quality and work very well. The problem of jitterng image is not a filter fault but i found the rocksteady seems to suffer the lower shutter speed. ND filter is needed if you want to follow the 180° rule (in my case i use 25p 1/50 or 50p 1/100). Maybe further update will make rocksteady more reliable on low shutter speed.

in my opinion the skyreat filter is ok, made of glass and the image is clear.
2022-12-9
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 12-7 09:00

[Image]
you can use the Telesin filter with action 1
make a paper ring or rubber and put it over the lens, the rubber ring from action3 is to thick.
foto:action1 with telesin nd8
IMG_20221211_144350.jpg
dji_mimo_20221211_145322_984_1670767044600_photo.jpg
IMG_20221211_150905.jpg
2022-12-11
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

The SKYREAT is a great choice for now .
2022-12-17
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

JSR  Makro Filter is ok,
no halo
IMG_20221226_111023.jpg
IMG_20221228_210518.jpg
2022-12-26
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Even though I got a refund, I won't be touching anything that has "JSR" written on it again.
2022-12-26
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 12-7 02:20

I just checked all my new JSR filters( Aliexpress) they produce the halo when in photo mode when looking at a bright light source, in Video with rocksteady off, a big halo with rocksteady on or in + not as bad.. but you can see it more when you do the side to side  motion.. Sucks  I had JSR for my original Osmo Action .. Loved them no problems at all thats why I got the JSR again
2022-12-26
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got the NEEWER 5PCS ND Filter Kit for DJI Osmo Action 3, CPL ND8 ND16 ND32 ND64 from Amazon and tested all lens.No Halo at all !!!! The CPL filter is adjustable.
Hope this Helps.
Now to figure out what to do with my JSR filters..LOL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHWD ... t_b_product_details

2022-12-31
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Thanks for the update! That seems to have good reviews!

I'm not getting them, however. At home it would cost me $49.49 bucks with free shipping. Now they even give you a 20% discount for a total of $43.55 (including tax).  Here in the EU it would cost me $79.59! No way I'm paying 36 bucks extra just because it's the "EU". Sheesh... What a ripoff.
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_6M3oFP3VFpie
lvl.2
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 2022-12-31 14:43
Thanks for the update! That seems to have good reviews!

I'm not getting them, however. At home it would cost me $49.49 bucks with free shipping. Now they even give you a 20% discount for a total of $43.55 (including tax).  Here in the EU it would cost me $79.59! No way I'm paying 36 bucks extra just because it's the "EU". Sheesh... What a ripoff.

61,99€ on Amazon in Germany available…
2023-1-13
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 2022-12-7 09:00

[Image]

40,5mm stepup Adapter and 2 protect rubber,

2023-3-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

lutzmix Posted at 3-19 09:40

https://youtu.be/BG9wX4-O8vQ

Thanks for letting us know.
It can easy be used with macro filters also now
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_kGqZFut8HhCz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58501 ft
Greece

does anyone  know the threadpitch of the osmo action 1 and lens cap/filters? i see that the 1's can be adapted to fit the smaller 3's mount and i would like to try that. i assume i can 3d print an adapter.  i do have same magnetic polar pro nd/polarise and would love to check them on the 3.
2023-3-23
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 3-19 09:40

3d printer lens Adapter

z3b3VAnWZ2k

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5955769

2023-4-13
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

Well, do you need it ? action cam, is no kodak film. If you need those tripod shooting, why use a action cam. It is far from the best. I do shoot a lot with action cam, never ever did i use a filter.
2023-4-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don’t use ND’s with Action cams. Really, a gimbal is needed in conjunction with nd filters.

Sometimes I use a polariser, but even with those you have to watch for darker patches because of the wide angle lens making it's coverage uneven.
2023-4-14
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

"If you need those tripod shooting, why use a action cam."

Well, for one, with the Action 3 I can make really nice timelapses. That needs a tripod. I can put it on my bike and record my ride to where ever, where I setup a small tripod and shoot timelapses without the need for carrying 20 pounds of camera gear.

Also, the ND filters are really not as bad as you depict them in your footage. Rules are meant to be broken so instead of constantly sticking to the 180 rule just let the camera do everything. These scenes were shot on a bike with an ND64 filter, 30fps, RockSteady ON, and the camera was on full auto. It's 1080p only and was compressed twice (once with iMovie and then YouTube) but the original is nearly not as blotchy - obviously. And you can still see the effect of the smoothness of the ND64 without the EIS ruining the footage.

2023-4-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 4-14 11:01

Well, for one, with the Action 3 I can make really nice timelapses. That needs a tripod. I can put it on my bike and record my ride to where ever, where I setup a small tripod and shoot timelapses without the need for carrying 20 pounds of camera gear.

Your footage looks great with ND64 and slower shutterspeed.

I just break the 180 rule and use auto for my action cameras, made it so much easier. And footage is just used for action anyway and not any cinematic videos.
2023-4-15
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-14 01:04
I don’t use ND’s with Action cams. Really, a gimbal is needed in conjunction with nd filters.

Sometimes I use a polariser, but even with those you have to watch for darker patches because of the wide angle lens making it's coverage uneven.

minolta close up lens d 55mm no.1
i have also a 52mm adapter for variable cpl Filter.
you need the two rubber rings and a step up 40,5mm adapter to
your filter/ lens diameter
IMG_20230418_130127.jpg
IMG_20230418_130207.jpg
2023-4-18
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 4-14 11:01

Well, for one, with the Action 3 I can make really nice timelapses. That needs a tripod. I can put it on my bike and record my ride to where ever, where I setup a small tripod and shoot timelapses without the need for carrying 20 pounds of camera gear.

That looks good. An ND32 is pretty high so you have me wondering where the camera set the shutter speed!

You’ve got me thinking, I need to have a play around with mine. I think it’s footsteps and sudden little jolts that cause the jitter with slow shutter speeds so you must have a nice smooth bike ….
2023-4-18
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-18 11:50
That looks good. An ND32 is pretty high so you have me wondering where the camera set the shutter speed!

You’ve got me thinking, I need to have a play around with mine. I think it’s footsteps and sudden little jolts that cause the jitter with slow shutter speeds so you must have a nice smooth bike ….

It was an ND64 not 32.

Most videos I've seen on YT about ND filters talk about 180 rule and setting the shutter manually. I think that works if you have the camera on a tripod standing still. But once you start moving about, I think that's where the manual shutter setting will cause issues.

In auto mode I think the camera will push the shutter speed as low as possible while still maintaining a relatively decent footage combined with ISO and EV.

My bike is actually quite old. It's a 2007 model. It doesn't even have shocks. It think a bike with front shocks would definitely be an asset for filming cuz it adds an extra layer of absorption.

2023-4-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules