Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propeller Issues
192 7 11-23 08:24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slaposya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2324045 ft
United States

Today I was going to go out and fly to record a sunrise but one of the propellers just snapped in half for no reason - no dropping or anything like that.

It was cold out (20 degrees Fahrenheit), so that could’ve played a factor.

Is that something that I should’ve expected, or is it like a manufacturing mistake?
11-23 08:24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2040486 ft
United Kingdom

Thats not cold enough to snap a prop, now icing would be an issue, depends on the humidity. If it really did just snap and not hit a bird, then you need to get in touch with support, support@dji.com
11-23 09:09
Use props
slaposya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2324045 ft
United States

I wasn't flying when it cracked, I had just walked outside. No humidity as of now.
11-23 10:06
Use props
Beta5K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115433 ft
United States

I used mine at 19F a couple months ago. No issues.
Not sure what could've happened there.
11-23 10:28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15515 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you saying that the bladed snapped when the motors were not running?
If so I would suggest there was a large crack present that you had not noticed and what ever movement was entailed in your taking it outside was sufficient to over stress what was not cracked.
If you can capture GOOD photos of the break's surfaces then someone might be able to see characteristics in the break surface that indicate the cause of the failure.
11-23 11:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Slaposya. Thank you for your reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Do you have any pictures of the propellers for further checking? Was there any damage on the drone itself? We will wait for your reply. Thank you
11-24 19:56
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer

Brazil

Thats not cold enough to snap a prop
11-25 09:36
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2040486 ft
United Kingdom

ro_walker Posted at 11-25 09:36
Thats not cold enough to snap a prop

Can you never come up with your own reply? Why must you copy other members replies? I have 3 you post 3 times in my visit this morning and 3 out of 3 you have copied and pasted the 1st few words that another member has written. A bit of a wee wee take if you ask me, whilst i suppose it is flattery that you must copy off of me, it doesn't say much for you that your knowledge is so poor that you feel you have to copy, word for word.
11-25 19:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules