Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks.

My mate just tried the Plus battery for the 1st time today.

He managed to get spot on 30 minutes out of it on its 1st charge, which was down to 10% on landing.
This consisted of normal mode, for the most part, some sports and a fair bit of hovering whilst setting up the EXP etc.
He's hoping a few more charges and 35 minutes should be attainable.

As DAFlys mentions, my mate also found that it aided in further range, he managed to get 200m further from his home, in FCC and in good conditions he can normally max out at 1500m, but with the Plus battery, it took him over 1700m before the transmission started breaking up. Bare in mind that, from his garden and at even 1000m, houses and trees are in the way, even if he could see that far, he couldn't because of obstructions.
2022-11-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

On a windy day today my plus battery uses 3.3% per minute, so flight time theoretical about 30 minutes.
2022-11-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 11-23 09:12
On a windy day today my plus battery uses 3.3% per minute, so flight time theoretical about 30 minutes.

Yeah, there was some wind, nothing it couldn't handle mind, it was around 10 to 20mph (sustained and gusts) down here
2022-11-23
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I'm hoping my Plus battery has a range of about 5000 miles, as it's currently in China awaiting the green light to take off to Blightly  ;-)
2022-11-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-23 09:54
I'm hoping my Plus battery has a range of about 5000 miles, as it's currently in China awaiting the green light to take off to Blightly  ;-)

lol, prob bringing my lanyard and those gadgets that lock the sticks in a position required, that will save my thumb from aching lol This is why i preferred to spend that bit more for the battery, i hate the waiting game, and to top that off, we have the strikes to contend with, there's no telling if the battery will coincide with any of those, knowing my luck it would have done
2022-11-23
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-23 10:04
lol, prob bringing my lanyard and those gadgets that lock the sticks in a position required, that will save my thumb from aching lol This is why i preferred to spend that bit more for the battery, i hate the waiting game, and to top that off, we have the strikes to contend with, there's no telling if the battery will coincide with any of those, knowing my luck it would have done

I usually hate waiting too. But the weather in the UK doesn't look good for the next couple of days/weeks/months/years (delete as appropriate), so I thought I'd wait this time.

2022-11-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-23 11:18
I usually hate waiting too. But the weather in the UK doesn't look good for the next couple of days/weeks/months/years (delete as appropriate), so I thought I'd wait this time.

I spose if ya look at it that way, but then i wouldnt have had a quick play yesterday
2022-11-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I flew mine today,   53,341 ft total,  28 mins duration and landed with 28% left.  Definitely felt the range was better.  
2022-11-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 02:13
I flew mine today,   53,341 ft total,  28 mins duration and landed with 28% left.  Definitely felt the range was better.

Damn, thats a great journey, i bet the old chocolate starfish was puckering a little lol, meant to be lower winds next week, so hopefully i can get in a few recharges and improve on the 30mins then hit the range
2022-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-24 05:19
Damn, thats a great journey, i bet the old chocolate starfish was puckering a little lol, meant to be lower winds next week, so hopefully i can get in a few recharges and improve on the 30mins then hit the range

That was total distance not a range test.  
2022-11-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 05:41
That was total distance not a range test.

Ohhhh, now that makes more sense lol
2022-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-24 05:59
Ohhhh, now that makes more sense lol

But I am convinced that the plus battery does give a bit more signal boost for some unknown reason.
2022-11-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 06:08
But I am convinced that the plus battery does give a bit more signal boost for some unknown reason.

it certainly went 200m more than the normal battery has ever done, and that flight path has been done numerous times, 1500 was the previous best from garden.

Now that its getting cooler, thus will be an advantage for battery distance anyway, cooler air > more lift > less power required
2022-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-24 06:24
it certainly went 200m more than the normal battery has ever done, and that flight path has been done numerous times, 1500 was the previous best from garden.

Now that its getting cooler, thus will be an advantage for battery distance anyway, cooler air > more lift > less power required

Certainly getting colder,   it was 5c when I flew the other morning for sunrise.  
2022-11-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 06:30
Certainly getting colder,   it was 5c when I flew the other morning for sunrise.

Winter mornings can be nice kodack moments
2022-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-24 07:52
Winter mornings can be nice kodack moments

We've had some crackers here recently.    https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 702&pid=2909439
2022-11-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 07:53
We've had some crackers here recently.    https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=279702&pid=2909439

Very nice
2022-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Bashy.  
2022-11-25
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Damn, thats a great journey
2022-11-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ro_walker Posted at 11-25 09:34
Damn, thats a great journey

Why must you act like an echo?
2022-11-25
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 06:08

yes, unknown...
2022-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 11-25 23:07

yes, unknown...

Have you found the same Frank?
2022-11-26
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 11-26 01:51
Have you found the same Frank?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you...

But I found it strange that the battery should be "to blame" for the signal strength...
I made fun of that a little. Excuse me...
2022-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 11-26 06:47

But I found it strange that the battery should be "to blame" for the signal strength...

I know,   and I would not expect it either but there are places I have issues with the normal battery and I dont with the plus battery.   
2022-11-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 11-26 06:47

I agree, it shouldnt make any difference until you think about it some more, this is what i think is happening...

1st off, you should be aware that the Mini 3 Pro has a wee issue when on the edge of the signal range, if you go slower or go backwards you can gain about 200m more.

Now, remember what i put in my post above, on the standard battery when going slower (different pitch angle) i managed about 1500m, now with the Plus battery, i managed 1700m (i didn't try slower or backwards yet), there's that 200m, what i think is happening is that due to the extra weight with the Plus battery, the pitch angle is different, maybe not the same as going 4kph mind but something is changing with the weight, i don't know physics at all but i would put my money on this. Thoughts?
2022-11-26
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

More voltage on the battery, since the capacity is greater, less was used up.
2022-11-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 11-26 10:41
More voltage on the battery, since the capacity is greater, less was used up.

We are on about just signal range improving, not battery range.
2022-11-26
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 11-26 08:57
I agree, it shouldnt make any difference until you think about it some more, this is what i think is happening...

1st off, you should be aware that the Mini 3 Pro has a wee issue when on the edge of the signal range, if you go slower or go backwards you can gain about 200m more.

... then you could also try it with some additional load, which is e.g. attached at the back ...?
2022-11-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

frankymusik Posted at 11-27 04:46
... then you could also try it with some additional load, which is e.g. attached at the back ...?

It would have to be evenly distributed and the right weight, I may have a play but things change when you start adding items onto it, not something time overly enthusiastic about doing....
2022-11-27
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 11-27 05:13
It would have to be evenly distributed and the right weight, I may have a play but things change when you start adding items onto it, not something time overly enthusiastic about doing....

... my suggestion was to use a weight to change the inclination of the Mini 3 Pro to see if this actually changes the transmission range...

So the weight just for the purpose of checking the "theory"...
2022-11-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 11-28 10:49
... my suggestion was to use a weight to change the inclination of the Mini 3 Pro to see if this actually changes the transmission range...

So the weight just for the purpose of checking the "theory"...

Won't work, as the esc will counter it and apply more to the other motors to level it off.

My thinking is to add enough with to make it the samemas the pro battery and see what happens, not sure if I want to do that though....
2022-11-28
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"A friend" went to 2 miles radius today, with the standard battery in FCC mode ;-)
2022-11-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-28 12:32
"A friend" went to 2 miles radius today, with the standard battery in FCC mode ;-)

Still, waiting eh? lol I ordered other stuff from China i think around the same time as you on a 15 working day turnaround and i got an email on the 26th saying arrived at Transit office, so it still has not even left China yet lol, this would be killing me had it been the battery lol

2 miles is pretty good, mine in miles is 3.41754 (that many to the decimal is important lol) I am hoping to get out this morning with the Plus battery, looks like it will be foggy, that suits me just fine for a range test, less likely for manned to fly/land at 30m, I just wish my parts from China were here though as one is those items that hold the stick(s) in place, like a cruise control, always get an indent in my thumb and always get uncomfortable too
2022-11-28
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-28 18:40
Still, waiting eh? lol I ordered other stuff from China i think around the same time as you on a 15 working day turnaround and i got an email on the 26th saying arrived at Transit office, so it still has not even left China yet lol, this would be killing me had it been the battery lol

2 miles is pretty good, mine in miles is 3.41754 (that many to the decimal is important lol) I am hoping to get out this morning with the Plus battery, looks like it will be foggy, that suits me just fine for a range test, less likely for manned to fly/land at 30m, I just wish my parts from China were here though as one is those items that hold the stick(s) in place, like a cruise control, always get an indent in my thumb and always get uncomfortable too

Yes, still waiting ;-)
I got an message saying "sent to airline" yesterday. So it can't be many more days/weeks before it gets shipped (that what I keep telling myself) ;-)

After "a friend" did the range test yesterday, I probably don't need the Plus battery any more. But it will be useful to have, especially in more windy conditions.
2022-11-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a very interesting thread guys. I only have one "regular" battery, but I'm curious as to results from my flight areas. Could it all boil down to more power available to the antennas equals better signal? Obviously, one would think "NO."

Although, "my friends" range test when I got the aircraft back in May was with the "regular" battery and it went just over 5 miles. It ran out of electrons before it ran out of feet.
2022-11-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-29 04:44
This is a very interesting thread guys. I only have one "regular" battery, but I'm curious as to results from my flight areas. Could it all boil down to more power available to the antennas equals better signal? Obviously, one would think "NO."

Although, "my friends" range test when I got the aircraft back in May was with the "regular" battery and it went just over 5 miles. It ran out of electrons before it ran out of feet.

5 miles? really, im not sure thats even possible with the standard battery, not if you want to get back to the home point. I took it out to  5.5km (CE mode) at 64% battery, i got back to the  home point at about 25% i think it was, I know FCC would easily go further, I'm just not sure it could go out that far and back on the standard battery because when i did the exact same route, in the fog mind in FCC mode, I turned a back at 65% again and managed to get home with only 11%, I wonder if using more power in FCC drained the battery faster cause there was no wind to speak of, it was foggy too.
2022-11-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

And I will retrace my words. It was a 6 mile round trip! My bad on that one, you are correct!

2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules