2247 13 2022-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI, as the title says and like i have said before, you have a blanket ban on selling the Plus battery here in the UK, we as the customer have major issues with that and here is why;
  • in the UK, sub 250g legacy drones are governed by flying weight and not MTOM therefore it falls outside of that rule/law.
  • in the UK, sub 500g falls under the sub 250g rules when holding the A2 CofC accreditation, therefore we can legally use the Plus battery.
  • legacy drones will now be extended to 2026
  • the DfT are changing the UK regulations so that European Union (EU) (C)lass marks on drones will not be recognised in the UK after 1 January 2023

The official documentation is here, and regarding the sub 250g legacy drones can be found here, there is a small pdf file on that page and
the info is;

Sub category   

A1

Class
Legacy (placed on market before  1 Jan 23) soon to be Jan 26

Mass/KE/Speed
<250g ‘flying weight’ and <500g ‘flying weight’ when holding A2 CofC

Why are sub 250g still being classed as MOTM when its clearly ''Flying Weight'', we shouldn't have the Plus battery restriction, DJI needs to do their homework, why must these things take so long, take India for example, their flying height restriction of 15m was lifted yet DJI took months to change this, actually, I'm not sure if you have yet?

You have nice new plush offices, please wander over there and drop this off at the relevant desk, thank you.

2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bashy. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that your suggestion regarding the UK rules for the Intelligent Flight Battery of Mini 3 Pro will be forwarded to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-11-23
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spot on Bashy - I believe there would be a good number of UK Mini 3 Pro owners who would be very interested in the Plus battery. Numerous owners have already obtained Plus batteries on the grey market which DJI's policy has created. This in turn has opened the door for scammers to sell batteries as the Plus version only to deliver the standard version.

I'm sure Mini 3 Pro owners would much prefer an official source for the Plus battery rather than run the risk of being scammed - come on DJI, release the Plus battery to UK & the rest of Europe.
2022-11-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 11-23 22:20
Spot on Bashy - I believe there would be a good number of UK Mini 3 Pro owners who would be very interested in the Plus battery. Numerous owners have already obtained Plus batteries on the grey market which DJI's policy has created. This in turn has opened the door for scammers to sell batteries as the Plus version only to deliver the standard version.

I'm sure Mini 3 Pro owners would much prefer an official source for the Plus battery rather than run the risk of being scammed - come on DJI, release the Plus battery to UK & the rest of Europe.

yep, i bought a genuine plus battery via a official DJI retailer in China...

As i have all my drone licences i do not mind that my Mini3Pro+plus batt > 250 gram, just fly it within the EU / NL rules.
So indeed why can`t we buy this plus battery in Europa via DJI ?

DJI is not very consistent in what do we (DJI) allow remote pilot to do with our drone software....

Drone software with Obstacles Avoidance, i can switch OA off.  (risk and responsibility is for the remote pilot)
Drone software with Landing Protection *, users cannot disable this....uh? why not the same policy as OA?

* ...why does Landing Protection is active flying with full forward speed (or any speed actually ), who wants to land a drone flying 10 m/s ??
* ...why does Landing Protection is active flying at 120 meter baro height ??
(why not automatically disable / enable this depending on speed and baro height (as an option in control menu))

cheers
JJB

2022-11-24
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exactly! This should be fixed asap!
2022-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely right Bashy,  and they should also honour the warranty on the plus batteries in the UK too.  
2022-11-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 02:15
Absolutely right Bashy,  and they should also honour the warranty on the plus batteries in the UK too.

Yeah, thats another DJI cop out gripe of mine, their warranty is a cop out, it should be world wide, regardless of country its bought from
2022-11-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 20:36
Hi, Bashy. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that your suggestion regarding the UK rules for the Intelligent Flight Battery of Mini 3 Pro will be forwarded to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Yeah, pretty much what was said last time, heck, i got 45% discount mind but still, i would much prefer to be able to buy the Plus battery here in the UK, there is no reason why DJI cannot sell it, if it was MTOM then yeah, you have a reason not to but as its flying weight then no reason at all, not to mention that its also being extended to 2026 now. The sales that DJI are missing out on is unreal...

...Also in our favour (still about the Plus battery) is that the UK is dropping the EU drone laws including the new C ratings so there is absolutely no reason to tar the UK with the same brush as the EU
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 11-24 18:45
Yeah, pretty much what was said last time, heck, i got 45% discount mind but still, i would much prefer to be able to buy the Plus battery here in the UK, there is no reason why DJI cannot sell it, if it was MTOM then yeah, you have a reason not to but as its flying weight then no reason at all, not to mention that its also being extended to 2026 now. The sales that DJI are missing out on is unreal...

...Also in our favour (still about the Plus battery) is that the UK is dropping the EU drone laws including the new C ratings so there is absolutely no reason to tar the UK with the same brush as the EU

Hi, Bashy. We understand where you're coming from and we appreciate your suggestions. Don't worry, I have forwarded the information to our relevant team.  Thank you again for your kind understanding and support.
2022-11-24
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 22:04
Hi, Bashy. We understand where you're coming from and we appreciate your suggestions. Don't worry, I have forwarded the information to our relevant team.  Thank you again for your kind understanding and support.

Hi Gamora,

The Mini 3 is registered as under 250 grams....But in Europe, Romania country, you can use a drone over 250 grams in almost same conditions, so is pointless to limit the sell of PLUS batteries in here...
Also DJI have warned that PLUS is over 250 grams and drone will go to next category, but this is not DJI's job, but our job as operators to ensure legal conditions for flying legally, so....start selling PLUS...

Tks.
2022-11-25
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

i agree 100%.
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_9Ffc1KLOSd49
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113317 ft
France

Bonjour
En France + de 250g = catégorie ouverte A3 avec examen 40 questions et vole batterie plus.A+patc45 de France.
2022-11-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_9Ffc1KLOSd49 Posted at 11-26 03:03
Bonjour
En France + de 250g = catégorie ouverte A3 avec examen 40 questions et vole batterie plus.A+patc45 de France.

Yep, another valid reason for the use of the Plus battery. DJI have no reason whatsoever to deny the Plus battery. Its mostly their loss too
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-25 00:31
Hi Gamora,

The Mini 3 is registered as under 250 grams....But in Europe, Romania country, you can use a drone over 250 grams in almost same conditions, so is pointless to limit the sell of PLUS batteries in here...

Hi, Geo_Drone. Thank you for sharing your insight. Rest assured that Bashy's suggestion has been forwarded to our relevant team for further checking.  All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules