DJI AVATA FLYAWAY + Image glitch on googles
650 2 2022-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
feudalaboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101624 ft
France

Hello everyone and thank you for listening to me. I am french so, sorry if my english is not perfect.
This afternoon, i flied my dji avata.

The avata was doing fine, except the fact that suddently, it lost signal on the googles, and then , after resuming the signal, i wasn't seeing anything at all anymore. the only thing visible were blue and white screen alternating like a broken TV, and the H logo ( home logo )

I tried to land it relatively smoothly ( it was in a field) in order to get it later.

After searching based on the last visible images from the djiFPV V two, i was not able to find anything.

On the dji Fly app, i have a GPS point ( is that the last point sended by the avata ? )  that i will check in the next days.

i also got the data of the flight from the app connecting it to the googles.

Where can i put thoses data to help me recover my drone ? The next 4 days there is clear wheather so i will get back on the field to see if i find the avata with friends..

The behavior was really unexpected and i ask myself if DJI could look at this and see that i was not the problem during this flight.

I am using dji drones since 10 years now.

Thank you all ! Richard.
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, you can try to use the 'Find My Drone' function to see if you can retrieve your drone.  Go to the menu of the goggles, and then go to Settings > Safety > Find My Drone. It helps find the location of the drone on the ground by using the cached video in the goggles. If the drone still has power, turn on ESC beeping, and the beeping sound will lead you to locate the drone.
If you're able to find the drone, you can submit a repair case and send it back for diagnosis and repair. If not, we recommend that you submit a flyaway case and our team will help accordingly. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_1tlBLXVufvtM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1040617 ft

United States

Hi DJI Community!

I ran into this thread when searching for users who experienced a similar issue as me... I recently bough a DJI Avata for my birthday (less than a week ago), and today (day 3 of having the drone) I was having a very smooth flight in the NASA Challenger Park in Houston. Suddenly, The HD signal was lost, which I was not too worried about as I expected it to be regained, or for the drone to return to home. A second later, the RC connection also dropped to 0 bars and the screen remained black. I noticed the battery also dropped from 78% to 66% in that exact same second. It was almost as if the loss of HD wasn't the cause of losing the drone, but that something went really wrong that took our both the HD, RC, and sucked up 12% battery in under a second or so... This was at < 700 meters and with a battery of 78%, so the drone should have comfortably been able to return to home...

It's gotten me really sad because I keep thinking of what I may have done wrong for the flight, but having flown it the past 3 days, it has been an incredibly stable and reliable drone. Today's flight was no different in terms of stability and good connection, until the last second where everything went down.
The good news is I did purchase DJI Care from day #1 (bound it with the goggles too), and submitted the express replacement request submitted. However, I was excited to continue flying FPV, and  it takes a while, costs a decent deductible, and uses up my fly away coverage on a 3-day-old drone.

Any recommendations or thoughts from DJI on the matter? I hope the data logs are able to show what could have cause the issue, as even with a replacement, I would find it hard to trust flying the drone and it glitching like that again.
1-19 18:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules