Map Cache - Using abroad with no data
936 2 2015-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rehan2haque
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84898 ft
United Kingdom

I am just curious when I take my phantom 3abroad, how will having no data effect it.  I presume GPS will stillwork, but I won't be able to see the map ? Is there anything else to consider?

Is thereanyway I can cache the maps before hand of a particular location from my hotelwifi b

2015-8-14
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

When your connected to the Internet and your Phantom is online doing your daily pre flight checks look at the map display on the DJI GO and zoom in to the area your going to be flying that day. When it starts to load move around a little in the area and the maps will be downloaded and cached on the GO application. One thin to note is your in places like China that block anything to do with Google this wont work. If this is the case there is a setting on the GO application which you se for "mainland china" to use Amap. This will give you basic roadmap for the whole of china, its very basic but better that nothing.
2016-2-9
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Dr Jon Posted at 2016-2-10 12:59
When your connected to the Internet and your Phantom is online doing your daily pre flight checks lo ...

I have tried this, but am still unable to cache maps.
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules