1596 11 2022-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

From the moment I bought OM4 Mimo, it has been never working completely correctly with Samsung. 2 generations of stabilizers and phones have already changed, but there is still no adequate support. Right now I have OM5 and Galaxy s22u, which doesn't work:
- no support for 60fps;
- no support for front camera 4k;
- no support for slow motion;
- no manual settings for photos and videos;
- only the main camera works, zoom and uwide lenses not work;
- active track records jerky videos;
- in a standard camera, only the shutter button works.
As a result, I shoot only on a regular camera with a bunch of inconveniences.
DJI, why is this happening? Nine months have passed since the release of the S22U, and even all cameras are not supported. And no need to say that there is no SDK support, because filmic has support for all camera functions.

2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Dryvise. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we will provide your mobile phone model to DJI engineers and will check your mobile phone compatibility and adaption first. However, checking for compatibility requires time, and we are unable to give you a specific reply at the moment. If your mobile phone is confirmed to be compatible, we will add the model to the Mobile Phone Compatibility List. Please keep an eye out for updates to the Mobile Phone Compatibility List on the DJI official website. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.
2022-11-24
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Dear Gamora! Thanks for the answer!
"However, checking for compatibility requires time, and we are unable to give you a specific reply at the moment."
9 months ago I used Galaxy S21U. The situation was similar. Even now, 1 year and 9 months after the release of the S21U, not all features are supported (It doesn't even support 4k 60fps.). I am sure that I express the opinion of the community and we are not asking you to support the CUBOT smartphone or another little-known manufacturer. But Samsung smartphones, especially flagship models, should be supported at some reasonable time.
It seems to me that for such a serious company as DJI, 9 months is enough time to optimize the software.
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dryvise Posted at 11-24 04:44
Dear Gamora! Thanks for the answer!
"However, checking for compatibility requires time, and we are unable to give you a specific reply at the moment."
9 months ago I used Galaxy S21U. The situation was similar. Even now, 1 year and 9 months after the release of the S21U, not all features are supported (It doesn't even support 4k 60fps.). I am sure that I express the opinion of the community and we are not asking you to support the CUBOT smartphone or another little-known manufacturer. But Samsung smartphones, especially flagship models, should be supported at some reasonable time.

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that you just want to record 60fps on your Osmo Mobile 5 with DJI Mimo app and Samsung S22. Due to the numerous android system models available, the system version and development for third-party ports will have some inconsistencies but please rest assured that we have sent this suggestion to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-1
Use props
djiuser_bph6xZK7FoaL
New

United States

Oh my, I just got my mobile 6 and I'm using Samsung Ultra 22. I am having problems with connecting a device.  And I may be sending lt back if I'm going to have other problems.
2022-12-5
Use props
Mecca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200098 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand how DJI can tell the consumer go buy a different phone so they can use your product my phone is worth $1,300 so you're telling me to go and buy an apple because the Samsung s22 Ultra will not work on your product well I'm not going to do that I'll just take back my action camera 3 get my money back and find a different action camera that I could use because this is insane I'm not going to do that so thank you for the phone call this morning which was for nothing and I will be returning your product
2022-12-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Mecca Posted at 12-7 10:31
I don't understand how DJI can tell the consumer go buy a different phone so they can use your product my phone is worth $1,300 so you're telling me to go and buy an apple because the Samsung s22 Ultra will not work on your product well I'm not going to do that I'll just take back my action camera 3 get my money back and find a different action camera that I could use because this is insane I'm not going to do that so thank you for the phone call this morning which was for nothing and I will be returning your product

Can we hold DJI solely responsible for incompatibilities with third-party devices?
2022-12-7
Use props
Mecca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-7 10:34
Can we hold DJI solely responsible for incompatibilities with third-party devices?

I figured out the problem if you have an iPad Mini or an iPad register your action 3 with it then go back and register with your Samsung works perfect with my S22 Ultra
2022-12-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Mecca Posted at 12-11 09:37
I figured out the problem if you have an iPad Mini or an iPad register your action 3 with it then go back and register with your Samsung works perfect with my S22 Ultra

good to know
2022-12-11
Use props
Mecca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-11 09:42
good to know

But to answer your question no we shouldn't but my thing is if you know that there is a problem with certain cell phones then why don't you let the public know that instead of selling a product that does not work with that particular cell phone does that make sense to you...
2022-12-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Mecca Posted at 12-11 13:34
But to answer your question no we shouldn't but my thing is if you know that there is a problem with certain cell phones then why don't you let the public know that instead of selling a product that does not work with that particular cell phone does that make sense to you...

I agree with you. This situation happened to me as well. I bought a P4M so with an RC SDK. The seller of the official DJI store told me that yes it is android compatible. Except no, it wasn't until UGCS developed the thing. At the time I had to buy an ipad in an emergency.

DJI's answer to my problem: we can't list all the devices in the world that can potentially receive the applications. And somewhere I agree, it makes sense
2022-12-11
Use props
Remus
New
Australia

Well at least you managed to get it to install, when I try on my s22u all I get is some "App not Installed" bull.... How can a flagship phone that is now almost 12 months old (feb 25 2022) from the  Biggest phone company in the world not only not work but not even install?

Am I missing something here? How the Phuc am I supposed to update firmware etc? Go buy a cheap ... phone just to do this??? Are you phucing kidding me?

<<RANT>>
What a useless company, FFS prioritise supporting your own damn products to work on big brand phones. Every time I read their, "Oh yeah just go buy another phone we have already sorted out from some YumChar brand." it makes me want to build a campfire, grab some gasoline and burn everything DJI I have.

You make the best ... in the world...now learn to support it with good software that A.) Installs and B.) Works to a standard we require.

<<RANT OVER>>
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules