980 16 2022-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NeoDude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9295 ft
United Kingdom

Hey folks,

I'm on my second Mini 3 in as many weeks. First one was returned to the retailer due to a faulty RC (see my other posts). I got a nice new replacement just yesterday, but after a quick test flight this morning, I believe this one may have an issue too.

On this initial flight I attempted to activate FocusTrack (Spotlight) a number of times. Every time I got a message saying that video signal had been lost and a countdown to RTH. If I cancel the RTH, the drone appears to behave like it is in spotlight mode, but I get no video. The video feed remains frozen on what was in the frame when FocusTrack was activated. Hitting Record and then stop appears to correct this issue and the Video feed returns to live. It might just be my perception, but it also seems that this unit is not as stable as my first one, probably my imagination though.

As much as I love this drone, if this is an actual fault, it seems fairly clear that there are some serious quality issues with the Mini 3. I mean what are the chances of getting 2 faulty units in a row? I shall attempt another test soon, maybe see if different video settings make a difference. I shall update...
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, NeoDude. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May ask what remote controller are you using with the Mini 3 Pro? Kindly provide a screenshot of the About Page of the DJI Fly that shows the firmware versions and app version. Also, if you can, please provide a screenshot or video showing the exact message for further checking. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation and kind understanding.
2022-11-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

This isn't specifically a video problem - its using any tracking mode.

I THINK its a bug in the latest DJI Fly app (android for me).

Select a target, drone does its orbit etc but video feed freezes and wont update at all.  The squares move, overlays still work but no updated image.

I don't think its a drone problem - the bug seemed to appear with the latest version of DJI Fly.

Ive tried it with POI orbit, active track and so on - its any of those modes causing it.

Last flight i did a screen recording documenting this exact, repeatable behaviour.

2022-11-24
Use props
NeoDude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 03:48
Hello, NeoDude. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May ask what remote controller are you using with the Mini 3 Pro? Kindly provide a screenshot of the About Page of the DJI Fly that shows the firmware versions and app version. Also, if you can, please provide a screenshot or video showing the exact message for further checking. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation and kind understanding.

Hi Gamora,

It's the DJI RC that I'm using. I have today carried out a Firmware refresh of both the controller and aircraft. Second test flight shows the same behavior. Requested screens below...

And here is a link to a screen recording from the RC...

https://www.clanlawrence.co.uk/djiscreen.mp4

Thanks
2022-11-25
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

This isn't specifically a video problem - its using any tracking mode.
2022-11-25
Use props
NeoDude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Any updates on this? It's been 3 days since I last updated. I bought my first Mini 3 Pro 2 weeks ago, have yet to have a working one.
2022-11-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Looks like its an Android Fly problem then affecting real devices and the RC.
2022-11-28
Use props
NeoDude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 11-28 03:59
Looks like its an Android Fly problem then affecting real devices and the RC.
How do you figure that?

Based on the exact issue on other posts, it's a hardware issue..

https://forum.dji.com/thread-271135-1-1.html

I'd have expected a replacement by now tbh. DJI support isn't the most reponsive.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NeoDude Posted at 11-25 07:44
Hi Gamora,

It's the DJI RC that I'm using. I have today carried out a Firmware refresh of both the controller and aircraft. Second test flight shows the same behavior. Requested screens below...

Hi, NeoDude. We apologize to keep you waiting. We have forwarded this information to our relevant team for further checking. We now received feedback from them. Based on the video you provided, this phenomenon is abnormal, so we need more information that can help us to locate the exact problem and give solutions. Please provide the following information below:
1. Flight controller log  aircraft log (Please connect your drone to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) software and then export the log)
2. DJI RC log (Please connect your DJI RC to the DJI assistant app (Consumer Drone Series) software and export log)
3. Exact test time, which can help us to locate the specific log time.

Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-11-30
Use props
NeoDude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-30 02:00
Hi, NeoDude. We apologize to keep you waiting. We have forwarded this information to our relevant team for further checking. We now received feedback from them. Based on the video you provided, this phenomenon is abnormal, so we need more information that can help us to locate the exact problem and give solutions. Please provide the following information below:
1. Flight controller log  aircraft log (Please connect your drone to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) software and then export the log)
2. DJI RC log (Please connect your DJI RC to the DJI assistant app (Consumer Drone Series) software and export log)

Too late. I spoke to online chat. Drone is currently on it's way to DJI for investigation
2022-11-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

NeoDude Posted at 11-28 04:16
How do you figure that?

Based on the exact issue on other posts, it's a hardware issue..

How do i figure that?

Because it didnt happen to anyone until the recent DJI Fly updates and is now happening to a lot of people, all running android devices.

That and going back to older versions of fly the problem goes away.
2022-11-30
Use props
NeoDude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 11-30 03:53
How do i figure that?

Because it didnt happen to anyone until the recent DJI Fly updates and is now happening to a lot of people, all running android devices.

If it was the firmware, then everybody with that firmware would have the same issue. They don't. You say a lot of people, but I've only seen 2 others with the same issue, both of them in the thread that I linked. The issue in those cases was found to be a fault with the PCB.
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NeoDude Posted at 11-30 02:08
Too late. I spoke to online chat. Drone is currently on it's way to DJI for investigation

Hi, NeoDude. Thank you for the update and again, we're sorry for the late reply. We are sure that the facility will thoroughly check your unit to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJ Forum. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-11-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

One thing it absolutely clearly isn't is a hardware fault.

The drone works perfectly on older android devices which it wouldn't for a hardware fault.
2022-12-9
Use props
NeoDude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-9 08:38
One thing it absolutely clearly isn't is a hardware fault.

The drone works perfectly on older android devices which it wouldn't for a hardware fault.

So how do you explain the fact that it is now working perfectly after having the main board replaced?
2022-12-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

App update most likely.
You dont even know if they actually replaced anything.
2022-12-9
Use props
NeoDude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-9 09:52
App update most likely.
You dont even know if they actually replaced anything.

I'm using the same version of the app as I was before.
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules