New M300 RTK Firmware Released (02/22/2024)
123Next >
21192 92 2022-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JFLAMM
lvl.3

United States

I have had a "payload direction data error" ever since the last update.  I've been able to fly missions with the error except in "blue" geo zone areas where a waiver is needed.  My waivers sit in another area and won't populate into the mission.
2022-12-12
Use props
JFLAMM
lvl.3

United States

JFLAMM Posted at 12-12 06:21
I have had a "payload direction data error" ever since the last update.  I've been able to fly missions with the error except in "blue" geo zone areas where a waiver is needed.  My waivers sit in another area and won't populate into the mission.

It appears that this is only with the L1 mounted and not the P1.
2022-12-12
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1728602 ft
Russia

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-8 11:08
With my RTK provider, I can't leave my "Survey grade" antenna and my drone connected at the same time...

Good afternoon, how about connecting to the antenna itself via custom RTK (Ntrip).
Many GNSS receivers now allow this. To do this, they must be on the same WIFI network.
2022-12-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Drauzer Posted at 12-13 18:28
Good afternoon, how about connecting to the antenna itself via custom RTK (Ntrip).
Many GNSS receivers now allow this. To do this, they must be on the same WIFI network.

You can. If you have time to properly install the rover and set it as base.
2022-12-13
Use props
JFLAMM
lvl.3

United States

JFLAMM Posted at 12-12 07:28
It appears that this is only with the L1 mounted and not the P1.

Just to tie this off in case someone has this problem, I was also having trouble getting Geo zone waivers to come out of que.  Come to find out, the firmware update reset my date\time.  Once I discovered that, everything was fixed.
2022-12-14
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried to do an oblique mapping mission a few days after the latest update. I'm also having the same issue others are reporting with the constant 4.4 mph. The map boundaries, "outside the box" are much longer than normal. I'm also, at times, missing photos. Usually, there are two or three photos bunched together. This doesn't happen all the time. RTK is working OK but an unusual thing happened several days ago. I was running RTK and a custom network with NTRIP corrections. After finishing the map I changed the course angle to 90 degrees and ran the map again. Looking at both sets of pictures in the software they were not at the same altitude. Hard to say what the difference in altitude was but I would guess about 20 feet. Never saw that before. Obviously, this last update has some major issues. Let's hope this gets corrected today!
2022-12-18
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heidi.G Posted at 12-8 10:28
Hi,
Is there a way to force the M300 (with P1 non-RTK) to not capture images on transit lines? This behaviour is resulting in an over-capture of data and making the processing inefficient.
When mapping irregular shaped kmz areas, the M300 doesn't appear to map in a logical sequence i.e. I would expect it to map starting at the far east in a north/south orientation, making its way to the furthest most western flight line. Instead it flies a few lines, then transits to another section, flies a few lines, flies to another section over and over. It is a mess and inefficient, especially when it is also capturing on those transit lines.

Great questions. I would also like to see DJI do away with the one thousand file naming limit. The naming limit causes issues when you have a large map with pictures stored in several folders when working with PPK. Don't understand why they do this. Hope we all get this fixed soon.
2022-12-18
Use props
Rbati
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25544337 ft

France

harishjadeja Posted at 2022-11-25 12:04
I am having issues with the mapping speed after updating the firmware. The M300+P1/35mm mapping speed has decreased from 15 m/s to 8.2 m/s, and we dont have an option to increase this? Any suggestions?

hey
speed of drone depends on GSD of your project
what GSD did u work at ?
2023-1-2
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

Have been having shocking experiences with this new firmware update...

Everything from "Satellite Antenna Errors" mid flight that once you land it wont let you take off, except its still linked to 18+ satellites.... To having a "Sensor Error" that forces you to land, then it asked to leave the drone on for 5mins and then only restart it.

Signal will go from all GREEN to nearly dropping signal completely deep in the RED only to flip back to GREEN, all without changing the position of the drone. This is all with the drone being in clear radio line of sight and not even tickling longer ranges, this is within 1000ft-1500ft of the operator.

Then there are silly things also like "insufficient satellite information" to drop a GEO pin down, wont work for a good few mins and then just start working again. Unless you come and land, restart and run the risk of the above two issues....

Lastly, our of the two pilots to use the M300, when we updated to this firmware both our flight records were gone. I synced mine back and my colleague tried the same thing with no luck, and support has not been able to assist him with this either as of yet...  

BUT I cannot go without mentioning that the M300 is still not compatible with the C2 link of the M30T or visa versa.... Whats up with all the different C2 links out there, even the new M3's just got different C2's from the rest of the fleet.... surely to be an Enterprise solution one would work on standardisation of the controls???

I think its this constant R&D and having to update several firmwares because of disparate hardwares being used is what is biting DJI hard at the moment.

Just wishing for better from DJI, and willing to help where I can... but usually the support from DJI does not help very much and never acknowledges there are real problems...
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TimmyBaker Posted at 1-18 01:03
Have been having shocking experiences with this new firmware update...

Everything from "Satellite Antenna Errors" mid flight that once you land it wont let you take off, except its still linked to 18+ satellites.... To having a "Sensor Error" that forces you to land, then it asked to leave the drone on for 5mins and then only restart it.

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know how your friend contact our support before and could you please send us the related information?
Then we can confirm this problem better with the relevant team and reply to you here asap.
Thank you in advance.
2023-1-18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

This post is the only place I see this update mentioned. Neither DJI's M300 download page or the M300 controller report there being an update. I usually use a USB stick and do an offline update but there's no update listed on https://www.dji.com/matrice-300/downloads

EDIT- I've updated from the RC but your download page still doesn't have the update listed. Offline firmware updates that this provides is by far the safest way to update.
2023-3-9
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This afternoon i've updated all components of my M300 directly from Pilot2 app with no issue.
2023-3-9
Use props
sriveraa
New

Chile

Hello,

May i get a link to download firmware v5 please? (ie. firmware version just before v6, as of today)

Reason being im encountering a serious issue with current v6, so i need to downgrade from v6 to v5. I'll share what the issue in case i can get a different solution other than downgrading, but please still provide me with a v5 download link since i need to fix it asap and this problem never happened before v6. The problem im having since upgrading to v6 is when im flying a mapping mission, i pause the mission to change the m300 batteries, then i resume the mission, the drone will correctly fly back to the spot where the mission was paused... but then will keep flying using a slightly different route than the original, starting the flight going opposite the original direction, and as such missing a whole area where i will get no pictures!

I couldnt find a direct link to firmware v5 on the dji website, please provide me with one if at all possible.

Regards.
2023-3-25
Use props
SLloyd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4524075 ft

United States

"Fixed issue where the aircraft flew to the start point from the break point when resuming flight in Terrain Follow mode."

I encountered this issue today. I swapped batteries mid mission during a terrain following mission. The drone pretty much went to start at the beginning instead of resuming from the breakpoint. I am using the latest version from 2023-03-09.
2023-3-28
Use props
Aerial Imaging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331519 ft
Australia

Arm Posted at 2022-11-28 03:53
After the update, the drone does not continue the mission after a pause (battery change), and again starts from the first point. Has anyone encountered this? Are there solutions? Thank you!

Yes having the same issue. Every time I change batteries... One time repeated the last two lines, another time restarted just off line but heading in the wrong direction. Another time message saying Waypoints too close.

Does not seem to make any difference if I hotswap batteries or switch off and restart.
2023-3-30
Use props
Aerial Imaging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331519 ft
Australia

Heidi.G Posted at 2022-12-8 15:56
Sometimes it is not possible to avoid complex shapes. This particular job we are completing fortnightly for a two year project so we want to be efficient. I might have to try generating smaller areas and see if that fixes the issue of the seemingly random flight path it calculates. Thanks for the feedback

I have Found the missions will start from where the first node was places when creating the KML/KMZ in google Earth. I now have to think about where I want to start the mission when I create the mission in google earth.
2023-3-30
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Updating now!!!
2023-4-2
Use props
djiuser_b1YgIpEqX9kQ
New

Pakistan

Dji300 rtk motr 1 communication error ??
2023-4-16
Use props
djiuser_b1YgIpEqX9kQ
New

Pakistan

Plz help me
2023-4-16
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Heidi.G Posted at 2022-12-8 15:56
Sometimes it is not possible to avoid complex shapes. This particular job we are completing fortnightly for a two year project so we want to be efficient. I might have to try generating smaller areas and see if that fixes the issue of the seemingly random flight path it calculates. Thanks for the feedback

This problem has been around for quite some time and DJI doesn't appear interested in fixing it.

Through a combination of choosing the first and last point of the polygon you define for a mapping mission, then randomly "fiddling" with the flight angle, you can almost always get a mission without those wasted transit lines.

In this one, the trick was to define the first point of the polygon on the south end of the island in Google Earth, then adjust the flight angle to something around 115 degrees.

Otherwise you get two, sometimes three wasted mission legs.

Since the problem has been around for a while and hasn't been fixed, the DJI folks will not respond to any more posts about it.
2023-4-16
Use props
DBritt8715
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1188907 ft
United States

Making sure I am reading this correctly, the larger RC Plus is now as of today compatible for use with the M300RTK?
2023-5-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DBritt8715 Posted at 5-18 05:51
Making sure I am reading this correctly, the larger RC Plus is now as of today compatible for use with the M300RTK?

Matrice 350 RTK - FAQ - DJI

1.JPG
2023-5-18
Use props
luisl15
New
Spain

I have updated the dji fly app and I cannot configure the video quality. I don't see any option to select, only 1080 at 30fps.
2023-5-18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

luisl15 Posted at 5-18 13:02
I have updated the dji fly app and I cannot configure the video quality. I don't see any option to select, only 1080 at 30fps.

You're in the wrong forum if you're using DJI Fly. Ocusync Enterprise variants only have 1080/30 as an option.
2023-5-19
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

After update m300 to the latest firmware , it is not linking with rc pro (default rc comes with M300 )
Rc pro also has been updated to the latest firmware too but not success .

2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_RXrLS1kcJftA
New

South Africa

After updating M300 RTK to v7, I get an error aircraft antenna satellites search error, unable to take off, although the satellite indicator shows 22 satellites and homepoint updated.
2023-5-26
Use props
stevewilson
lvl.2
Canada

dani2013 Posted at 5-25 07:42
After update m300 to the latest firmware , it is not linking with rc pro (default rc comes with M300 )
Rc pro also has been updated to the latest firmware too but not success .

We are having the same issue. Everything has been updated and we cannot bind the RC Pro.
2023-5-30
Use props
Ryan H.
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_RXrLS1kcJftA Posted at 5-26 15:36
After updating M300 RTK to v7, I get an error aircraft antenna satellites search error, unable to take off, although the satellite indicator shows 22 satellites and homepoint updated.

Did this issue persist? I have not upgraded yet.
2023-6-14
Use props
R_CAPTURE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10305 ft
France

djiuser_Y9bCX0rAYkDL Posted at 2022-11-26 17:27
Custom Network RTK has not been working for me since the last two firmware updates. It was flawless a couple months ago. I need it to work for my Lidar flights. Using the DJI base is not an an option.

Same since I updated to v07.00.01.00. No change of all my parameters. from yesterday to today, SETTING FAILED!
2023-6-27
Use props
rmendez
lvl.1
Mexico

Arm Posted at 2022-11-28 03:53
After the update, the drone does not continue the mission after a pause (battery change), and again starts from the first point. Has anyone encountered this? Are there solutions? Thank you!

Do you find any solution for this issue?
2023-7-21
Use props
Kurt McLaren
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just to add that after updating to the latest firmware for the M300 and remote controller, the RTK kept cutting out, even though this wasn't evident on the dRTK-2 (the middle light was still green most of the times). The automated flight kept pausing very frequently. It paused again at one point (while doing a survey around turbines) and when unpaused may have lost its bearings and left the flight line. If anyone else have had this issue (RTK keeps cutting out) during flight, please let me know.
2023-7-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

C'mon DJI, you post that the M300 has an update yet the drone and RC say they're up to date. Nothing is even on your download page to be able to do an offline update. Meanwhile, the M350 isn't being reported as having an update yet I just updated ours through the RC Plus. I think I need to have a word with whoever's in charge here.
2023-9-18
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

This reply was posted in error, I see now that this post is just updated by DJI instead of a fresh post and has very old comments.Hope you resolved your issue.
2023-9-18
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-18 12:35
C'mon DJI, you post that the M300 has an update yet the drone and RC say they're up to date. Nothing is even on your download page to be able to do an offline update. Meanwhile, the M350 isn't being reported as having an update yet I just updated ours through the RC Plus. I think I need to have a word with whoever's in charge here.

Rolling update process... :-)

It's often wise to wait a few days before upgrading.
2023-9-19
Use props
Amed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2214019 ft
Turkey

Did anyone get this update?
2023-9-23
Use props
fans0385a651
New
Flight distance : 81673 ft
Ghana

After the upgrade I realized the aircraft and the rc were delinked. I then tried severally to link the aircraft and the remote controller but it never linked. I then downgraded to the previous version and it linked within seconds.
2023-9-27
Use props
mikelevente
lvl.1
Flight distance : 593091 ft
Romania

RTK does not work after downloading the new update for my Matrice 350 Rtk
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_ZDta7Hvu8xrd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where did the terrain following feature went after this latest firmware update? That's what I want to know.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZDta7Hvu8xrd Posted at 9-30 04:03
Where did the terrain following feature went after this latest firmware update? That's what I want to know.

Hi there, please select altitude mode and relative ground height to choose the terrain follow. Thank you.
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_ZDta7Hvu8xrd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, got it.
2023-10-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced