Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote ID, Mini 3 Pro and Japan
217 6 11-24 05:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RufusBruce
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi There

I hope you can help.

I am based in the UK and have a Mini 3 Purchased in the UK.

I have a job filming in Japan January 2023. According to the JCAB my drone, if over 100g must have a Remote ID.

I see that the Mini 3 is capable and that in Japan they have recieved this firmware update.

Is it possible for me to also recieve this update so I am Remote ID capable or is this already in place with my UK Model.

My current Aircraft Firmware is 01.00.0400.

RC Firmware is 01.02.0100.

Flysafe Data is 01.00.01.27.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regard

Rufus

11-24 05:10
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.1
China

Your A/C firmware v01.00.0400 has covered JP Remote ID functionality that will be activated automatically when you flight your Mini 3 Pro in Japan. As a reminder, there are a few things you may still need to do:
1. Register your aircraft with DRS (Drone Registration System): DIPS App may help you.
2. Affix the drone registration number on the aircraft.
Note: The above two steps could be completed before going to Japan.
3. After arriving in Japan, you still need to log in to the DRS system through DJI FLY. After you enter the DRS account number and password, DJI FLY will automatically import your drone registration number obtained from DRS to the aircraft。
4. Have fun flying
For more information, you can visit the MLIT website https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/en/
11-24 18:34
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. according to your situation, you need to apply for the remote ID separately on the DIPS official website. This link may better help you check the application procedures (https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/)
Basically, you will need to apply and register the Remote ID presence as "Yes (built-in type)". After that, you can import the Remote ID to the aircraft. When importing, the aircraft needs to recognize that the GPS is located in Japan, and the APP needs to be upgraded to the latest. So you can operate this step when you arrive in Japan.
11-25 00:48
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DKGPST Posted at 11-24 18:34
Your A/C firmware v01.00.0400 has covered JP Remote ID functionality that will be activated automatically when you flight your Mini 3 Pro in Japan. As a reminder, there are a few things you may still need to do:
1. Register your aircraft with DRS (Drone Registration System): DIPS App may help you.
2. Affix the drone registration number on the aircraft.

Amzing thank you very much!
11-28 01:58
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 00:48
Hi, there. according to your situation, you need to apply for the remote ID separately on the DIPS official website. This link may better help you check the application procedures (https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/)
Basically, you will need to apply and register the Remote ID presence as "Yes (built-in type)". After that, you can import the Remote ID to the aircraft. When importing, the aircraft needs to recognize that the GPS is located in Japan, and the APP needs to be upgraded to the latest. So you can operate this step when you arrive in Japan.

OK this is great thank you for your help and time taken to send to me
11-28 01:58
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RufusBruce Posted at 11-28 01:58
OK this is great thank you for your help and time taken to send to me

Oh yes this is the website that I found when doing my own research. I just was not sure about having the correct firmware.

Once the job has been confirmed I will start the procedure.

Again thank you for your help.

11-28 02:01
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RufusBruce Posted at 11-28 02:01
Oh yes this is the website that I found when doing my own research. I just was not sure about having the correct firmware.

Once the job has been confirmed I will start the procedure.

You are welcome.
Should you have any more questions or needs, please feel free to let us know.
11-28 22:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules