Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RufusBruce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302625 ft
United Kingdom

Hi There

I hope you can help.

I am based in the UK and have a Mini 3 Purchased in the UK.

I have a job filming in Japan January 2023. According to the JCAB my drone, if over 100g must have a Remote ID.

I see that the Mini 3 is capable and that in Japan they have recieved this firmware update.

Is it possible for me to also recieve this update so I am Remote ID capable or is this already in place with my UK Model.

My current Aircraft Firmware is 01.00.0400.

RC Firmware is 01.02.0100.

Flysafe Data is 01.00.01.27.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regard

Rufus

2022-11-24
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

Your A/C firmware v01.00.0400 has covered JP Remote ID functionality that will be activated automatically when you flight your Mini 3 Pro in Japan. As a reminder, there are a few things you may still need to do:
1. Register your aircraft with DRS (Drone Registration System): DIPS App may help you.
2. Affix the drone registration number on the aircraft.
Note: The above two steps could be completed before going to Japan.
3. After arriving in Japan, you still need to log in to the DRS system through DJI FLY. After you enter the DRS account number and password, DJI FLY will automatically import your drone registration number obtained from DRS to the aircraft。
4. Have fun flying
For more information, you can visit the MLIT website https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/en/
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. according to your situation, you need to apply for the remote ID separately on the DIPS official website. This link may better help you check the application procedures (https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/)
Basically, you will need to apply and register the Remote ID presence as "Yes (built-in type)". After that, you can import the Remote ID to the aircraft. When importing, the aircraft needs to recognize that the GPS is located in Japan, and the APP needs to be upgraded to the latest. So you can operate this step when you arrive in Japan.
2022-11-25
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DKGPST Posted at 11-24 18:34
Your A/C firmware v01.00.0400 has covered JP Remote ID functionality that will be activated automatically when you flight your Mini 3 Pro in Japan. As a reminder, there are a few things you may still need to do:
1. Register your aircraft with DRS (Drone Registration System): DIPS App may help you.
2. Affix the drone registration number on the aircraft.

Amzing thank you very much!
2022-11-28
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 00:48
Hi, there. according to your situation, you need to apply for the remote ID separately on the DIPS official website. This link may better help you check the application procedures (https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/)
Basically, you will need to apply and register the Remote ID presence as "Yes (built-in type)". After that, you can import the Remote ID to the aircraft. When importing, the aircraft needs to recognize that the GPS is located in Japan, and the APP needs to be upgraded to the latest. So you can operate this step when you arrive in Japan.

OK this is great thank you for your help and time taken to send to me
2022-11-28
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RufusBruce Posted at 11-28 01:58
OK this is great thank you for your help and time taken to send to me

Oh yes this is the website that I found when doing my own research. I just was not sure about having the correct firmware.

Once the job has been confirmed I will start the procedure.

Again thank you for your help.

2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RufusBruce Posted at 11-28 02:01
Oh yes this is the website that I found when doing my own research. I just was not sure about having the correct firmware.

Once the job has been confirmed I will start the procedure.

You are welcome.
Should you have any more questions or needs, please feel free to let us know.
2022-11-28
Use props
WisanuBas
New
Flight distance : 1234318 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-11-25 00:48
Hi, there. according to your situation, you need to apply for the remote ID separately on the DIPS official website. This link may better help you check the application procedures (https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/)

Once, I arrive in Japan. Can I register the Remote ID with the RC Remote? Or, do I need RC-N1 to register the Remote ID? Thank you.
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WisanuBas Posted at 1-8 08:57
Once, I arrive in Japan. Can I register the Remote ID with the RC Remote? Or, do I need RC-N1 to register the Remote ID? Thank you.

Hi, there.
Thanks for your inquiry.
The application for RID is related to the SN of the aircraft.
This link can better help you to check your SN: https://repair.dji.com/product/serial/indexIf you have any more questions, please just feel free to let us know.
Thank you.
2023-1-9
Use props
acZephyr
New

Japan

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-11-28 22:58
You are welcome.
Should you have any more questions or needs, please feel free to let us know.

Hi, I have a question about dji Mini 3 Pro with LCD RC version.
I have applied and completed the Japanese DIPS procedure and the Remote ID was sent to me through email already. I have arrived Japan few days ago and I found that I can not find the Remote ID option in my dji LCD-RC. Why is that and what should I do now?  Thank you.

Rmks: my Dji Mini 3 Pro version is v01.00.0450
            RC version is v01.02.0100
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

acZephyr Posted at 4-25 05:53
I have applied and completed the Japanese DIPS procedure and the Remote ID was sent to me through email already. I have arrived Japan few days ago and I found that I can not find the Remote ID option in my dji LCD-RC. Why is that and what should I do now?  Thank you.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. The DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with a built-in Remote ID, so you need to keep your drone, remote controller, and APP up to date first. Please pay attention to your GPS signal, make sure the GPS signal is in good condition.
2023-4-26
Use props
Winniew
New

Singapore

if i have an older drone, is there any firmware updates that i can do to make it remote ID compliant?
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Winniew Posted at 5-9 18:46
if i have an older drone, is there any firmware updates that i can do to make it remote ID compliant?

Hi there, could you please tell us what's the model of your drone?
2023-5-9
Use props
Patrick Li
lvl.1
Flight distance : 631558 ft
Hong Kong

I m going to bring my DJI mini 3 pro & DJI RC to Japan. I have already registered the drone in DIPS and receive the registration ID from DIPS. May I know what exactly I need to do "to write the remote ID in the drone" upon arrival at Japan?   According to DIPS, I have to write the remote ID to the drone in Japan before the first flight.

2023-5-11
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Patrick Li Posted at 5-11 05:07
I m going to bring my DJI mini 3 pro & DJI RC to Japan. I have already registered the drone in DIPS and receive the registration ID from DIPS. May I know what exactly I need to do "to write the remote ID in the drone" upon arrival at Japan?   According to DIPS, I have to write the remote ID to the drone in Japan before the first flight.

This is correct, you just update the firmware on arrival in Japan. Then using the RC controler, I believe in the safety setting a new menu item appears that alows you to put in your Japanese registration number.

You have to be online as it links back to the DIPS website if I remember correctly.

It was all very easy and took like 10 mins tops.

Hope that helps
2023-5-11
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1
United Kingdom

acZephyr Posted at 4-25 05:53

Ahh sorry probably too late but update your firmware in Japan and it will be there
2023-5-11
Use props
Wong Winnie
New

Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-9 23:59
Hi there, could you please tell us what's the model of your drone?

Mavic mini
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

For DJI (drone manufacturer) compliance, the regulations do not require that drones that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) have the Remote ID function. That is, drones that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) may not have the Remote ID function, such as DJI Mini, DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini 2 SE, and Tello.
2023-5-15
Use props
Wong Winnie
New

Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-15 01:37
For DJI (drone manufacturer) compliance, the regulations do not require that drones that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) have the Remote ID function. That is, drones that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) may not have the Remote ID function, such as DJI Mini, DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini 2 SE, and Tello.

Would it be 100g for Japan?
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wong Winnie Posted at 5-15 22:48
Would it be 100g for Japan?

May I confirm if you're in Japan?
2023-5-16
Use props
Wong Winnie
New

Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 00:29
May I confirm if you're in Japan?

I will be heading there soon
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Wong Winnie Posted at 5-16 20:20
I will be heading there soon

Hello, there. Mavic Mini does not support the built-in REMOTE ID, as for the specific update time, we do not receive the related information, but we will help you to feedback, please stay tuned on DJI official website update notes.
You are suggested to purchase the external RID device. For example you can purchase Aero-D-X1, the link below for reference:https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/content/001484158.pdf  
After purchasing the external RID device, you can contact the local reseller and check which APP you need to download so that you can use the RID device.
Drone registration in JP
https://www.ossportal.dips.mlit.go.jp/portal/top/
If you have more questions related to Japan RID, you can send an email to our Japan team (support.jp@dji.com) for assistance.
2023-5-16
Use props
Patrick Li
lvl.1
Flight distance : 631558 ft
Hong Kong

RufusBruce Posted at 5-11 05:20
This is correct, you just update the firmware on arrival in Japan. Then using the RC controler, I believe in the safety setting a new menu item appears that alows you to put in your Japanese registration number.

You have to be online as it links back to the DIPS website if I remember correctly.

Can I update the firmware before arrival at Japan?
2023-5-19
Use props
RufusBruce
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Patrick Li Posted at 5-19 13:18
Can I update the firmware before arrival at Japan?

No you will not be able to update to what you need until you are in the country.

It really doesnt take long.
2023-6-1
Use props
Dmytro Boltenko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 728845 ft
United States

Hi All,

I am trying to register my drone for my trip in Japanese.
https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/en/

Got to the point where I need to select Remote ID for my DJI Mini 3 Pro and I do not see such option
IMG_0693.png
2023-10-8
Use props
Dmytro Boltenko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 728845 ft
United States

Hi All,

I am trying to register my DJI mini 3 pro in DIPS system but it does not have Remote ID manufacturer
IMG_0693.png
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dmytro Boltenko Posted at 10-8 14:11
Hi All,

I am trying to register my DJI mini 3 pro in DIPS system but it does not have Remote ID manufacturer

Hi there. for DJI Mini 3 Pro, as you have selected built-in RID, there is no requirement to select the RID manufacturer. You may put the mouse on that "i" to see the details. You will need to select the RID manufacturer when you are using the external RID module.
Hope this is informative for you.
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules