Is this an "upgraded" Action 3?
1607 34 2022-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Not sure if I'm mistaken, but did DJI secretly upgraded the Action 3?

When you look under the specs on the website, now it has an "HDR Recording" section. Also, under Stabilization, now there are 4 methods listed as opposed to three, with the addition of "RockSteady+".

I don't remember having these two specs there before (HDR Recording and RockSteady+) and if you look in the manual, they are not there either. So is this an "upgraded" Action 3 they are selling now?

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action-3/specs
2022-11-24
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

This would be nice

åhå.png
2022-11-24
Use props
Nerdworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 645144 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't think so. HDR recording was announced to be added with an update, as well as additional stabilization, if I remember correctly.
2022-11-24
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Just hope it will come in a firmware soon. Having different stabilizations could be great like gopro have.
2022-11-24
Use props
Nerdworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 645144 ft
  • >>>
Germany

See here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-274543-1-1.html
2022-11-24
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

It is still with Focus Range: 0.3 m to ∞
Hope this time to work ;)
2022-11-24
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

I chatted with 2 people from support for about 45 minutes. None of them were able to tell me what this is or why are the new specs on the website. We verified FW numbers, etc. Both asked for my email and said they will get back to me.
(They will possibly report me to authorities for asking too many questions…) But none of them confirmed any new FW updates or anything.
2022-11-24
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 11-24 07:31
I chatted with 2 people from support for about 45 minutes. None of them were able to tell me what this is or why are the new specs on the website. We verified FW numbers, etc. Both asked for my email and said they will get back to me.
(They will possibly report me to authorities for asking too many questions…) But none of them confirmed any new FW updates or anything.

Maybe they doesn't know anything yet about it
2022-11-24
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

It seems that for some reason support thinks that it's not available only on my camera. Why, is there anyone who has these features? I don't think so - but I could be wrong.

====================

Dear Customer,
Hope you are doing great!

In regards to the HDR & RockSteady+ features which are unavailable in your Osmo Action 3 with updated firmware, I've notified to the relevant team.
We sincerely apologize for such inconvenience and we appreciate you for bringing up this issue to us.
Once I get the updates on the issue, I'll be keeping you posted.
Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks for supporting DJI and have a nice day!

2022-11-24
Use props
Obrva
lvl.2
Croatia

There is no those spec any more (on that link)
2022-11-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

what is the latest firmware??? tat be where you see things or a stickie on here 2-points
2022-11-24
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Obrva Posted at 11-24 13:50
There is no those spec any more (on that link)

LOL, well that was fast! I told you it must've been the guy who calibrate the lenses :-)
Anyhow, yes, it seems they quickly removed it. Mistake? Coming up firmware? One of those, I guess.

2022-11-24
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 11-24 16:06
LOL, well that was fast! I told you it must've been the guy who calibrate the lenses :-)
Anyhow, yes, it seems they quickly removed it. Mistake? Coming up firmware? One of those, I guess.

Haha nice. Yeah it will probably come in a firmware soon.
I'm really curious about Rocksteady+
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Osmonauta. Thank you for reaching out. Those functions are currently under testing. After the evaluation of the relevant team, these functions will be implemented via firmware update. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.
2022-11-24
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Mmmmm.... testiiiiing.... yummmmm.... testing is gooooood.... yummmm
Can't wait for the release!
2022-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 11-24 06:30
It is still with Focus Range: 0.3 m to ∞
Hope this time to work ;)

Focus is a non issue for me. I love my action 3
2022-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 19:50
Hi, Osmonauta. Thank you for reaching out. Those functions are currently under testing. After the evaluation of the relevant team, these functions will be implemented via firmware update. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.

Sounds interesting
2022-11-24
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-24 23:07
Focus is a non issue for me. I love my action 3

So you are lucky
2022-11-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No just not obsessed and over particular. I am sure mine is no different to any body else’s.

I am enjoying mine and not letting others spoil that
Here is one I took yesterday and I am very happy with it. I am sure others will zoom in pixel peep and totally miss what these things are for

2022-11-26
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 00:43
No just not obsessed and over particular. I am sure mine is no different to any body else’s.

Honestly this video does not reassure me at all.... it looks more like a rendering GP8
2022-11-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Its an Action 3  why lie
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Darklf Posted at 11-26 03:24
Honestly this video does not reassure me at all.... it looks more like a rendering GP8

Dont care what you think it is a true video from the cam shot in 1080p, DJI Fly app to simple put it together then uploaded to You tube. All done on an Iphone 8.
I dont know what rendering is and would not know how to do it if I tried. I know this forum drags down the quality so best to watch on You tube
2022-11-26
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That camera looks fairly sharp overall on an iPad, but the blue sky has recorded quite a bit of banding. The Loamy Forge sign is totally unreadable though. Windslayer is doing well. I use them with my Action cams and they seem to do a good job until you get a more positive blast.

I must have a look at mine to see if I get the same banding. Haven't noticed it on mine.

2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-26 04:54
That camera looks fairly sharp overall on an iPad, but the blue sky has recorded quite a bit of banding. The Loamy Forge sign is totally unreadable though. Windslayer is doing well. I use them with my Action cams and they seem to do a good job until you get a more positive blast.

I must have a look at mine to see if I get the same banding. Haven't noticed it on mine.

Banding what is tat all about why would you care. Just enjoy what you buy and film. You were not supposed to read the sign.... Thanks for watching none the less ;)
2022-11-26
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh I see. It’s impressionistic. You like stripey skies.
2022-11-26
Use props
JustName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 00:43

Looks like a blurry peace of s.. too much artefacts etc. so it is not possible to decide about focus
2022-11-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 11-26 13:13
Looks like a blurry peace of s.. too much artefacts etc. so it is not possible to decide about focus

I think thats a bit harsh, he has obviously filmed in auto, unedited in a format he prefers and chooses to use. He is also filming with a tiny sensor on an extremely harsh and bright day causing “artefacts” which he is happy to live with , and all photography being subjective thats his choice. I don’t see any of this blurry you talk about but I do see quality loss from uploading to YT and further degrading uploading on here which is less than 720p.
You have yourself posted test footage on this forum which clearly shows unnatural distortion and much blurry footage from meddling with something you seem to know very little about. For me I would much prefer to have bigplumbs camera and try shooting it manually than yours which will now show permanent odd distortion and random blurrier footage.
2022-11-27
Use props
JustName
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 02:15
I think thats a bit harsh, he has obviously filmed in auto, unedited in a format he prefers and chooses to use. He is also filming with a tiny sensor on an extremely harsh and bright day causing “artefacts” which he is happy to live with , and all photography being subjective thats his choice. I don’t see any of this blurry you talk about but I do see quality loss from uploading to YT and further degrading uploading on here which is less than 720p.
You have yourself posted test footage on this forum which clearly shows unnatural distortion and much blurry footage from meddling with something you seem to know very little about. For me I would much prefer to have bigplumbs camera and try shooting it manually than yours which will now show permanent odd distortion and random blurrier footage.

I think nobody cares what you think ;-)
The video is absolutely no good purely from the optical quality.
2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 11-27 13:00
I think nobody cares what you think ;-)
The video is absolutely no good purely from the optical quality.

But I would have to say its a lot better than anything you subjected people to on you tube, and I’m sure you won’t be offended by me saying this as you have no problems insulting what others post. Theres none so blind as those who cannot see. So yes you have posted some crap videos and your testing is incredibly misleading and I suspect this is why NO ONE is attempting to try your outrageous ridiculous misinformed recipe to correct anything with the A3. So although some will put up with your ridiculous notions in your post not a single one has adopted this ridiculous idea, ask yourself why ….
2022-11-27
Use props
JustName
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Many words, many insults, little sense.

That's the problem nowadays. Many like you post on the net, insulting and thinking that you could never know who they are in reality and therefore you could get away with whatever you want. In reality, however, very many deceive themselves in the process and now and then experience their evil miracle ;-)
2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 11-27 14:21
Many words, many insults, little sense.

That's the problem nowadays. Many like you post on the net, insulting and thinking that you could never know who they are in reality and therefore you could get away with whatever you want. In reality, however, very many deceive themselves in the process and now and then experience their evil miracle ;-)

I think if your prepared to throw insults around you’re big enough to take them or maybe you're not. Remember you were the first to insult and your threats are nothing but a joke…
2022-11-27
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Actually that footage looks decent if you factor in that it was shot in 1080p. This forum (or any forum for that matter) does not "drag down" the quality of embedded YouTube videos. You simply need to select the quality from the popup. Forums do not modify a data stream on the fly. A few times embedded videos start to buffer at a lower quality and so you have to manually select the quality you want. See here:

This video was shot in 1080p so you can only select max 1080p quality in the forum:

This video, however, was shot in 4k so you can select 4k quality to stream at this (or any other) forum where the video is embedded. Manually selecting the quality will force YT to rebuffer the video.

Furthermore, if you shoot in 1080p your videos will be more compressed by YouTube than if you were to upload in 4k. The YouTube uploading guidelines spells out that videos uploaded in 4k use the VP9 compression (under the Bitrate seection):
https://support.google.com/youtu ... en#zippy=%2Cbitrate

To learn more about VP9, you can see this Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9

And finally, this video gives a good advice, that if you shoot in 1080p just put it into a 4k timeline before uploading to YouTube. This will give you a better quality 1080p video as opposed to just uploading it as a "raw" 1080p.
2022-11-27
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

2022-11-27
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong