3605 33 2022-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

My Avata sometimes decided to do some tricks without my input - usually, it's leaning left or going up - but till now I always manage to counter those sudden moves - till today when she decided to do totally uncontrollable pirouette up and backward my stick inputs did NOTHING this time - despite pushing the full throttle forward she flyes backward (see the sticks on the right) she come to senses after hitting a branch and flight continue as usual as also following flights my luck - Avata is safe

2022-11-24
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

Have you done IMU recalibration? What is your firmware version?
2022-11-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Elendil Posted at 11-24 17:07
Have you done IMU recalibration? What is your firmware version?

No, as Avata is flying very well with thise rare ecsepttion and the FW is the last one from Sep
2022-11-24
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

i saw your full forward input but the drone flying back itself at 0:40...
I think your drone might has problem, hope DJI will give you respond soon...
2022-11-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, Alex.  Flying back by itself is quite the anomaly.  Hope DJI can provide answers.  
2022-11-25
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Is it possible that it has something to do with the moving water underneath the avata?

When possible, it will hold position with the bottom (vision) sensors... maybe they override the GPS?

looks like it is trying to keep it's location relative to the fast moving water for what i can see....
2022-11-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

BadBert Posted at 11-25 05:06
Is it possible that it has something to do with the moving water underneath the avata?

When possible, it will hold position with the bottom (vision) sensors... maybe they override the GPS?

I doubt it as water is really slow compared to the rapid movement of Avata and also she moved upward, my theory is GPS related but who knows  
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I believe it's the bottom sensors causing this. Remember, when flying in darker places and/or over water, the sensors can't see the surface. The drone knows it's low to the ground because of GPS but because it can't see the surface of the water, it thinks it needs to save itself from crashing so it goes up and backward. If you are going to fly over water, this will most likely happen 8 out of 10 times. You can fly in manual mode and that turns the sensors off which would stop this from happening, however, you are getting dangerous if you do that and don't have a lot of experience flying manually. It's a good way to lose your drone to the water, so I don't suggest it unless you have been flying for at least a year in manual mode.
2022-11-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-25 07:54
I believe it's the bottom sensors causing this. Remember, when flying in darker places and/or over water, the sensors can't see the surface. The drone knows it's low to the ground because of GPS but because it can't see the surface of the water, it thinks it needs to save itself from crashing so it goes up and backward. If you are going to fly over water, this will most likely happen 8 out of 10 times. You can fly in manual mode and that turns the sensors off which would stop this from happening, however, you are getting dangerous if you do that and don't have a lot of experience flying manually. It's a good way to lose your drone to the water, so I don't suggest it unless you have been flying for at least a year in manual mode.

I am flying a lot over water and low but it never done it before
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 11-25 09:55
I am flying a lot over water and low but it never done it before

Hmm, I don't know then

But I would just about bet it's something to do with those downward sensors.

At that waterfall, maybe fly it again and stay about 10 feet above it and see if it does that again. Then if it doesn't go down low again and see what it does. I suggest that because someone above suggested it could be the movement of the water because it seems to happen right over the water fall white water.

Keep us updated of DJI gives you a solution, I'm curious now as to what may have happened.
2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, alex_markov. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for any trouble caused. We have forwarded your concern to our engineers for further investigation. We will write back as soon as we receive an update from the related department. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Tony Posted at 11-25 20:49
Hi, alex_markov. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for any trouble caused. We have forwarded your concern to our engineers for further investigation. We will write back as soon as we receive an update from the related department. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I have sent you PM with the logs - interesting in assistant this particular log is marked with a warning sign while in Airdata there nothing
2022-11-25
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

damn, thats some kung fu flying should be the song to that lol
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 11-25 22:00
I have sent you PM with the logs - interesting in assistant this particular log is marked with a warning sign while in Airdata there nothing[view_image]

Thank you so much. It has been received and reviewed. We'll send you an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today Avata did it again the same way - I am pushing forward she was moving backward and up till it hit the rock (lucky me No problem) Something definitely wrong with my bird
2022-11-28
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 11-28 11:27
Today Avata did it again the same way - I am pushing forward she was moving backward and up till it hit the rock (lucky me No problem) Something definitely wrong with my bird

I would refresh the firmware on the bird and calibrate IMU. Not fixed = DJI Repair
2022-11-28
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

alex_markov Posted at 11-28 11:27

What goggles version do you use bro? Is it the goggles 2 with head tracking or goggles v2?
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bob Brown Posted at 11-28 13:54
I would refresh the firmware on the bird and calibrate IMU. Not fixed = DJI Repair

Hi, there.
May we know if you meet any problems with your drone in DJI Repair Center?
If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.
Thank you in advance.
2022-11-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 17:49
Hi, there.
May we know if you meet any problems with your drone in DJI Repair Center?
If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.

I contacted call center after second case, waiting for their opinion
2022-11-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Elendil Posted at 11-28 16:42
What goggles version do you use bro? Is it the goggles 2 with head tracking or goggles v2?

Old one with no head tracking
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 11-28 22:48
I contacted call center after second case, waiting for their opinion

Thank you for your update.
If you meet any problems or need any support, please let us know here, we will do our best to help.
2022-11-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

After 3-4 flights she did it again and it was an almost identical move - back, up, and left this time ended up hitting a rock and bouncing off it gave me back control

2022-11-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I like DJI support especially when You have care refresh and drone need to be exchanged - fast and easy But in this case It took me 2 weeks of conversations with so many people just at the end to tell me that's Perfectly Normal and is My fault flying over water No explanation whatsoever why Avata is not listening to my commands and doing exactly the opposite
Well I'll continue flying over water (till now with only two disobedience ) till it crashes badly so I get it exchanged over care refresh ... but am disappointed as instead to find what's going on they prefer to put it on me   
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 12-9 04:13
I like DJI support especially when You have care refresh and drone need to be exchanged - fast and easy But in this case It took me 2 weeks of conversations with so many people just at the end to tell me that's Perfectly Normal and is My fault flying over water    No explanation whatsoever why Avata is not listening to my commands and doing exactly the opposite  
Well I'll continue flying over water (till now with only two disobedience  ) till it crashes badly so I get it exchanged over care refresh ... but am disappointed as instead to find what's going on they prefer to put it on me

Hi, there.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will contact the relevant team to check this problem asap.
2022-12-12
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-12 04:21
Hi, there.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will contact the relevant team to check this problem asap.

Thank You, but no need - Avata for the moment is flying well and I enjoy it
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 12-12 14:31
Thank You, but no need - Avata for the moment is flying well and I enjoy it

Thanks for your update as well.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know anytime.
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_GryWbUoalW1z
New

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-12-12 17:51
Thanks for your update as well.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know anytime.

Well looks like Dji dont help at all. Its 14.02.2024 and I got my avata with googles 2 and rc motion 2. Same problem its flying backward on its own in my home and not above water.
2-13 22:46
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

djiuser_GryWbUoalW1z Posted at 2-13 22:46
Well looks like Dji dont help at all. Its 14.02.2024 and I got my avata with googles 2 and rc motion 2. Same problem its flying backward on its own in my home and not above water.

At my home, it's Totaly uncontrollable - sudden moves left or right
This particular bird died last year from the same fly-by-itself attempt ending in a waterfall - the exchange unit has the same problem - fell near the water once but survived, a few days ago I had something very similar over snow - obviously, the GPS modul is not the best and whenever it started losing precise position Avata rely on downloard cams and over water or snow or ties it become crazy and this is not about a unit but (for me) all Avatas obviously FW problem as I did not see this behavior in any other DJI drone
2-18 21:08
Use props
benkly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1131647 ft
Germany

I saw the same issue with my M4P, the Goggles 2 and the MC2. For any reason, sometimes direct after start the M4P fly backwards and up when I press the forward trigger. After some seconds to a minute, its gone. In this scenario I can only get the drone out of trees or other things by fly it up and sidewards.
2-24 13:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

benkly Posted at 2-24 13:23
I saw the same issue with my M4P, the Goggles 2 and the MC2. For any reason, sometimes direct after start the M4P fly backwards and up when I press the forward trigger. After some seconds to a minute, its gone. In this scenario I can only get the drone out of trees or other things by fly it up and sidewards.

Hi, Benkly. Sorry about the trouble. If the issue persists, please try the procedures below:
1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check whether the device drift or unsteady hovering is within the hovering accuracy range, which is shown below:

3. Please try moving to a different location with a windless flight environment to test.
4. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.
5. Confirm that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration.
6. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated.
After trying the procedures above but still encountering the issue, please send the units back to DJI for inspection. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day.
2-25 00:51
Use props
benkly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1131647 ft
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 00:51
Hi, Benkly. Sorry about the trouble. If the issue persists, please try the procedures below:
1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check whether the device drift or unsteady hovering is within the hovering accuracy range, which is shown below:

Dear Tony,

thanks for your answer and affort to help me. I want to answer some of your points:

It only happens for some seconds to 1 or 2 minutes directly after takeoff. Since I use the MC2 I usually start in normal mode. But yes, maybe I didn't wait until good GPS signal. Normally I takeoff with the goggles beside me to reach a safe place and then put my goggles on. What do you mean with ATTI mode, manual mode?

There was no wind and the drone didn't shift. It hovered fine. Only it goes back and up when pressing the MC2 trigger instead of forward.

As I said. No wind and I fly often from this place. This issue never happened with the same drone or others when flying with the RC2. Only happened with the goggles and the MC2.

Motors rotate fine and the propellers are in best condition. Since this only occurs for around 1 minute and after this fly well, I don't think it's something with the motor or propellers.

Yes, there should be no magnetic interference. It flys without issues with the RC2 on the same spot. I am always starting from the street, no traffic around.

No. It only goes up and backwards if I push the trigger, not the stick. If I don't do anything, then it hovers fine. I wait for some time and eventually it reacts ok again and from then on for the complete flight. It's only happens directly after the start when the drone was off (after batterie change).

I think, it's cause the missing GPS. I am too fast by turning on the drone and takeoff. I will take care to wait until it says that the homepoint was updated and takeoff after that. I will take a look on this.

But anyway, thanks that you and your team take care off your customes by monitoring your forum. This is not normal in ourdays and should be honored!
2-25 14:47
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

benkly Posted at 2-25 14:47
Dear Tony,

thanks for your answer and affort to help me. I want to answer some of your points:

Hello, Benkly. Thank you for the update. For your question, the Attitude (ATTI) mode is enabled when the vision systems are unavailable or disabled the GNSS signal is weak, or the compass experiences interference. In ATTI mode, the aircraft may be more easily affected by its surroundings. Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal drift of the aircraft, which may present hazards especially when flying in confined spaces. The aircraft will not be able to hover or brake automatically, therefore the pilot should land the aircraft as soon as possible to avoid accidents. Please keep us posted if the issue persists. We appreciate your patience and valued support. Have a great day ahead.
2-26 00:44
Use props
Luiz.moura
New

Brazil

mate I had to he same problem flying on a waterfall, I thought it was interference with the rocks at the place  which is rich in iron. the movement was exactly the same I almost hit a rock , did u find a solution?

it happened again flying indoors in the dark corridor , maybe something to do with sensors
4-10 04:06
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Luiz.moura Posted at 4-10 04:06
mate I had to he same problem flying on a waterfall, I thought it was interference with the rocks at the place  which is rich in iron. the movement was exactly the same I almost hit a rock , did u find a solution?

it happened again flying indoors in the dark corridor , maybe something to do with sensors

The solution i hope is Avata 2 as dji will never admit the proble
4-10 04:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules