Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata out of control
270 21 11-24 12:49
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 34358169 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

My Avata sometimes decided to do some tricks without my input - usually, it's leaning left or going up - but till now I always manage to counter those sudden moves - till today when she decided to do totally uncontrollable pirouette up and backward my stick inputs did NOTHING this time - despite pushing the full throttle forward she flyes backward (see the sticks on the right) she come to senses after hitting a branch and flight continue as usual as also following flights my luck - Avata is safe

11-24 12:49
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 160075 ft
Philippines

Have you done IMU recalibration? What is your firmware version?
11-24 17:07
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Elendil Posted at 11-24 17:07
Have you done IMU recalibration? What is your firmware version?

No, as Avata is flying very well with thise rare ecsepttion and the FW is the last one from Sep
11-24 20:47
Use props
arkchan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

i saw your full forward input but the drone flying back itself at 0:40...
I think your drone might has problem, hope DJI will give you respond soon...
11-25 04:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, Alex.  Flying back by itself is quite the anomaly.  Hope DJI can provide answers.  
11-25 04:46
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50469 ft
Netherlands

Is it possible that it has something to do with the moving water underneath the avata?

When possible, it will hold position with the bottom (vision) sensors... maybe they override the GPS?

looks like it is trying to keep it's location relative to the fast moving water for what i can see....
11-25 05:06
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

BadBert Posted at 11-25 05:06
Is it possible that it has something to do with the moving water underneath the avata?

When possible, it will hold position with the bottom (vision) sensors... maybe they override the GPS?

I doubt it as water is really slow compared to the rapid movement of Avata and also she moved upward, my theory is GPS related but who knows  
11-25 06:11
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 366519 ft
United States

I believe it's the bottom sensors causing this. Remember, when flying in darker places and/or over water, the sensors can't see the surface. The drone knows it's low to the ground because of GPS but because it can't see the surface of the water, it thinks it needs to save itself from crashing so it goes up and backward. If you are going to fly over water, this will most likely happen 8 out of 10 times. You can fly in manual mode and that turns the sensors off which would stop this from happening, however, you are getting dangerous if you do that and don't have a lot of experience flying manually. It's a good way to lose your drone to the water, so I don't suggest it unless you have been flying for at least a year in manual mode.
11-25 07:54
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-25 07:54
I believe it's the bottom sensors causing this. Remember, when flying in darker places and/or over water, the sensors can't see the surface. The drone knows it's low to the ground because of GPS but because it can't see the surface of the water, it thinks it needs to save itself from crashing so it goes up and backward. If you are going to fly over water, this will most likely happen 8 out of 10 times. You can fly in manual mode and that turns the sensors off which would stop this from happening, however, you are getting dangerous if you do that and don't have a lot of experience flying manually. It's a good way to lose your drone to the water, so I don't suggest it unless you have been flying for at least a year in manual mode.

I am flying a lot over water and low but it never done it before
11-25 09:55
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 366519 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 11-25 09:55
I am flying a lot over water and low but it never done it before

Hmm, I don't know then

But I would just about bet it's something to do with those downward sensors.

At that waterfall, maybe fly it again and stay about 10 feet above it and see if it does that again. Then if it doesn't go down low again and see what it does. I suggest that because someone above suggested it could be the movement of the water because it seems to happen right over the water fall white water.

Keep us updated of DJI gives you a solution, I'm curious now as to what may have happened.
11-25 10:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, alex_markov. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for any trouble caused. We have forwarded your concern to our engineers for further investigation. We will write back as soon as we receive an update from the related department. Thank you for your understanding and support.
11-25 20:49
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Tony Posted at 11-25 20:49
Hi, alex_markov. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for any trouble caused. We have forwarded your concern to our engineers for further investigation. We will write back as soon as we receive an update from the related department. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I have sent you PM with the logs - interesting in assistant this particular log is marked with a warning sign while in Airdata there nothing
11-25 22:00
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5538606 ft
  • >>>
United States

damn, thats some kung fu flying should be the song to that lol
11-26 08:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 11-25 22:00
I have sent you PM with the logs - interesting in assistant this particular log is marked with a warning sign while in Airdata there nothing[view_image]

Thank you so much. It has been received and reviewed. We'll send you an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support.
11-26 21:25
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today Avata did it again the same way - I am pushing forward she was moving backward and up till it hit the rock (lucky me No problem) Something definitely wrong with my bird
11-28 11:27
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 11-28 11:27
Today Avata did it again the same way - I am pushing forward she was moving backward and up till it hit the rock (lucky me No problem) Something definitely wrong with my bird

I would refresh the firmware on the bird and calibrate IMU. Not fixed = DJI Repair
11-28 13:54
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 160075 ft
Philippines

alex_markov Posted at 11-28 11:27

What goggles version do you use bro? Is it the goggles 2 with head tracking or goggles v2?
11-28 16:42
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bob Brown Posted at 11-28 13:54
I would refresh the firmware on the bird and calibrate IMU. Not fixed = DJI Repair

Hi, there.
May we know if you meet any problems with your drone in DJI Repair Center?
If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.
Thank you in advance.
11-28 17:49
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 17:49
Hi, there.
May we know if you meet any problems with your drone in DJI Repair Center?
If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.

I contacted call center after second case, waiting for their opinion
11-28 22:48
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Elendil Posted at 11-28 16:42
What goggles version do you use bro? Is it the goggles 2 with head tracking or goggles v2?

Old one with no head tracking
11-28 22:48
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 11-28 22:48
I contacted call center after second case, waiting for their opinion

Thank you for your update.
If you meet any problems or need any support, please let us know here, we will do our best to help.
11-28 22:55
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

After 3-4 flights she did it again and it was an almost identical move - back, up, and left this time ended up hitting a rock and bouncing off it gave me back control

11-28 23:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules