o(^-^)o
Shikijo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3323150 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi guys,
I've just received my Ronin 4D and I got this weird ND problem :

The value isnt correct, the ND16 is same as clear, and some weird sound coming from the motorized ND. Any solution on this other than : send it back to DJI ?
2022-11-24
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Two questions:

1) Did you experience this problem BEFORE operating the camera without a lens attached? (Highly not recommended, btw. Least amount of protection for the sensor.)

2) Have you tried updating the firmware? The latest firmware update changed the way that the camera switches ND filters (it's much quieter now too). If you have, you might also want to try reinstalling the latest firmware.

Good luck!
2022-11-25
Use props
Shikijo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Ford4D Posted at 11-25 10:16
Two questions:

1) Did you experience this problem BEFORE operating the camera without a lens attached? (Highly not recommended, btw. Least amount of protection for the sensor.)

1) Yep problem happen with lenses attached too. (video at the end) There is an IR cut before the sensor who can be changed, for 800€ ah ah.
2) The problem coming before updating for the latest FW, update and refresh doesnt change, it's more like mechanical problem of one ND isn't on his good place.

2022-11-25
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Shikijo Posted at 11-25 12:18
1) Yep problem happen with lenses attached too. (video at the end) There is an IR cut before the sensor who can be changed, for 800€ ah ah.
2) The problem coming before updating for the latest FW, update and refresh doesnt change, it's more like mechanical problem of one ND isn't on his good place.

Did you have the IR cut changed? Like for "ghost-hunting" videos and such? It's possible that if you did, the new IR cut is thicker and mechanically blocking something from moving into place.

Regardless, good luck with getting it replaced!
2022-11-25
Use props
Shikijo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Ford4D Posted at 11-25 13:57
Did you have the IR cut changed? Like for "ghost-hunting" videos and such? It's possible that if you did, the new IR cut is thicker and mechanically blocking something from moving into place.

Regardless, good luck with getting it replaced!

Nop the IR cut wasn't be changed
2022-11-25
Use props
Shikijo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Problem solved with a replacement unit from DJI.
2022-12-2
Use props
onvinyl
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue and had to send it in.  DJI ended up replacing the unit.  
2023-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules