Always stick to the rules!
2022-11-25
Use props
deniscef
lvl.1

Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 11-25 02:02
have you seen drone-hacks.com

Yeah, there is a hack for mini 3 pro but it does not cover this limit of 500m .
2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, deniscef. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that the flying height is limited to 500 m, and this is the maximum altitude you can set on the DJI Fly app therefore, there is no other way to exceed it, we apologize. We highly recommend that you abide by the local laws and regulations when flying your drone. We will have your feedback forwarded to our related team for attention. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

deniscef Posted at 11-25 07:48
Yeah, there is a hack for mini 3 pro but it does not cover this limit of 500m .

Sorry,  I hadnt realised that.  
2022-11-26
Use props
TacoPants
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-25 22:39
Hi, deniscef. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that the flying height is limited to 500 m, and this is the maximum altitude you can set on the DJI Fly app therefore, there is no other way to exceed it, we apologize. We highly recommend that you abide by the local laws and regulations when flying your drone. We will have your feedback forwarded to our related team for attention. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

I wish there was a workaround for this limit, OR I wish it took topography into account.

Often I am trying to photograph the summit of a mountain that is higher than 500m from my starting point, but due to the slope of the mountain the drone is never more than 200m above the ground that is directly beneath it at any given moment.

I know most people will say "just hike up the mountain a little bit" but I have a back injury and can no longer ascend hills/mountains for photography purposes. I miss it. The Mini 3 Pro theoretically should allow me to get back into photographing these locations, but the nonsensical way the altitude altitude limit is enforced by DJI makes it impossible. In the mountains, the DJI altitude limit is more restrictive than the actual laws
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TacoPants Posted at 3-2 08:24
I wish there was a workaround for this limit, OR I wish it took topography into account.

Often I am trying to photograph the summit of a mountain that is higher than 500m from my starting point, but due to the slope of the mountain the drone is never more than 200m above the ground that is directly beneath it at any given moment.

We understand. If you want to unlock the 500 m limit for your aircraft, please go to (https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list) and upload relevant signed or stamped documentation that authorizes your application for approval. We hope this helps. Have a nice day.
2023-3-3
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

don't think so.....
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_Htwe8hFNyNKV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48294 ft
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 01:37
We understand. If you want to unlock the 500 m limit for your aircraft, please go to (https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list) and upload relevant signed or stamped documentation that authorizes your application for approval. We hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Ok. We understand that limit can be unlocked with proper authorization. But what is the limit for which this aircraft can be unlocked to reach in safe conditions?
Thank you!
2023-5-6
Use props
alex andersson
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 01:37

What are the documents?
I thought it was only photo of my id that was needed
2023-6-3
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

Documents that prove why you should have it unlocked.  Job you are doing.  That type of thing.  Just because you want to isn't enough of a reason.  I want to fly in a national park but can't.  
2023-8-27
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

djiuser_Htwe8hFNyNKV Posted at 5-6 01:08
Ok. We understand that limit can be unlocked with proper authorization. But what is the limit for which this aircraft can be unlocked to reach in safe conditions?
Thank you!
Google search shows max is 4000 meters above sea level.  So if mountain is taller than that the air is too thin to support the flight.  
2023-8-27
Use props
Trizzy B
New

United States

What happens when you hit 500M? Will the RC remote alert you? Does the drone automatically return to home?

Reason I'm asking is I sent it way into the sky but not sure when I'm at the max and I'm afraid that it will lose connection to the remote and just fall or something when I do reach it. Another thing is when I first launch it and it gets like 20ft-30ft in the air the remote says "Maximum altitude reached"... I ignore that prompt and am able to fly higher. Anyone know why it's saying that at only 20-30ft? Is anyone else getting that prompt?
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Trizzy B Posted at 9-19 15:34
What happens when you hit 500M? Will the RC remote alert you? Does the drone automatically return to home?

Reason I'm asking is I sent it way into the sky but not sure when I'm at the max and I'm afraid that it will lose connection to the remote and just fall or something when I do reach it. Another thing is when I first launch it and it gets like 20ft-30ft in the air the remote says "Maximum altitude reached"... I ignore that prompt and am able to fly higher. Anyone know why it's saying that at only 20-30ft? Is anyone else getting that prompt?

Hi, Trizzy B. Thank you for reaching out. When you hit around 500 meters altitude, the app will give you a message "Maximum altitude reached", and the aircraft will not respond when you hit the throttle.
2023-9-20
Use props
GLT
lvl.1
Latvia

Something interesting here:
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_MMfsrgdFaMeH
New

Bolivia

Shadrack Posted at 2023-8-27 11:54
Google search shows max is 4000 meters above sea level.  So if mountain is taller than that the air is too thin to support the flight.

Hey just flew my DJI mini 3 pro above 6000 meters went to around 6,4000 and had no problems with flying it. Air definitely doesn’t matter unless you are up at 7000
1-12 13:57
Use props
djiuser_mh0FbELj4N89
lvl.1
United States

Is the 500 meter limit AGL from home point?
  Mini 3...
I'm going to a place in Oregon and the elevation is 900-1400 meters with cliff faces around 300-400 meters.
   Will I be able to take off at a 1400 meter home point and climb the cliff faces to a maximum of 500 meters from there?
1-12 16:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules