Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update home point to controller not working DJI RC
2714 8 2022-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_r6soQO9gzSEu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1855778 ft
Canada

I have a M3P with RC controller, latest firmware on all components. RC v1.8. Home point will not update to the controller location. Message about enabling location services comes up.
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Thank you for your feedback.
May we confirm if a warning is displayed stating that “Enable location services and app permissions to allow your mobile device to determine your location” ?
Or could you please send us a related screenshot so that we can confirm this problem better?
Thank you in advance.
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_r6soQO9gzSEu
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 00:42
Hi, there.
Thank you for your feedback.
May we confirm if a warning is displayed stating that “Enable location services and app permissions to allow your mobile device to determine your location” ?
Hello Natalia. Thank you for the response. As stated in my original post, I am using the DJI RC controller firmware v1.8.0 to control the mini 3 pro.  I am not aware of a setting available on the Dji RC controller to enable location services. Please advise how to do so if there is as I do not see it searching through the controller menu, in the manual or anywhere else online. Map display was cached and showing the map of the area and aircraft location correctly but not showing my location with the controller. I was able to change the homepoint to the new aircraft location or drag the homepoint icon to a new location on the map. Those functions worked correctly but it would not locate the RC controller position on the map and reset hompoint to the controller location.
Thank you.
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_r6soQO9gzSEu
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_r6soQO9gzSEu Posted at 11-25 06:58
Hello Natalia. Thank you for the response. As stated in my original post, I am using the DJI RC controller firmware v1.8.0 to control the mini 3 pro.  I am not aware of a setting available on the Dji RC controller to enable location services. Please advise how to do so if there is as I do not see it searching through the controller menu, in the manual or anywhere else online. Map display was cached and showing the map of the area and aircraft location correctly but not showing my location with the controller. I was able to change the homepoint to the new aircraft location or drag the homepoint icon to a new location on the map. Those functions worked correctly but it would not locate the RC controller position on the map and reset hompoint to the controller location.
Thank you.

Update. Flew again today and the rc controller display showed my position with the controller and updated the homepoint to the new controller location. Not sure why the controller was not showing gps location yesterday. Il'l monitor this but for now it seems to be functioning.
Thanks anyway.
2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_r6soQO9gzSEu Posted at 11-25 16:03
Update. Flew again today and the rc controller display showed my position with the controller and updated the homepoint to the new controller location. Not sure why the controller was not showing gps location yesterday. Il'l monitor this but for now it seems to be functioning.
Thanks anyway.

Thanks for your update as well.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know here.
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_AJF9DoXXvp4k
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_r6soQO9gzSEu Posted at 2022-11-25 06:58
Thank you.

Hi I am experiencing exactly the same issue! Dji RC doesn’t support location services. Please help me with this ASAP so I don’t loose my drone!
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_AJF9DoXXvp4k Posted at 1-1 08:28
Hi I am experiencing exactly the same issue! Dji RC doesn’t support location services. Please help me with this ASAP so I don’t loose my drone!

Hi there, may I ask if there is any error message when you tap the “Update” icon to update the Home Point? Could you please provide us with a screen recording for your further confirmation?
2023-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Z9roZUNUPO3D
New

Denmark

I have the same issue. My home point id updated but if I try to use automater retur to home the dji mini 2 just lands. It can’t retur to where it took off.
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Z9roZUNUPO3D Posted at 8-5 09:56
I have the same issue. My home point id updated but if I try to use automater retur to home the dji mini 2 just lands. It can’t retur to where it took off.

Hi there, thank you for reaching. The home point is mainly positioned based on the GPS of the mobile device. If the GPS signal at the current location is not good, or the environment has strong wireless interference, the positioning accuracy may be poor.
Please ensure that the GPS signal and light in the flying environment are good, and pay attention to the following points,

1. Check whether the home point is updated when the plane takes off;
2. Please ensure that the vertical height is at least 7 meters when it takes off;
3. Check whether the ground texture is clear.

If the issue still occurs after the troubleshooting, you could please provide a screen recording for us to further checking, thanks.
2023-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules