Can't reach DJI Support through any means
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I've read about the legendarily horrendous DJI customer service, but my experiences of the past 5 days have made me long for simply horrendous service, as that would mean I'd be getting SOME service.

I have been unable to update my Phantom 3 Pro's firmware from 1.1.9, and after 20+ tries, spanning 3 different SD cards, countless downloads and Zip file extractions, I figured I'd contact DJI for their help.

So, I pick up my phone and call; and I receive a recorded message "We are experiencing a high volume of calls. Please call back later"....and I call back THIRTY SIX TIMES, and still get the same recording...

So, I start sending emails...14 of them...no reply...

So, I try the 24 hour support feature of the DJI Go app, and guess what? 8 attempts, and nobody is home.

So now what?
2015-8-14
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not to agree that this is normal....but....I am having largely the same experience with my GoPro that doesn't work.

I think they all bought the same voicemail about the high volume of calls. That gets old after a while.

On the positive note, DJI has a page up that they are actively hiring repair techs.......so hopefully it gets sorted out.

Did you try Mad_anglers method?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2420104
2015-8-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Send me your name, phone and email to edward.windham@dji.com.  I will follow up with DJI LA.
2015-8-14
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Ed, just sent you an email. Thanks.

I'm hoping there is some way to force a hard reset or something (ANYTHING?) to avoid having to send my P3P away for two months right in the middle of the limited good weather season here in Chicago. I need it every day and can't afford to have it gone.

Dennis
2015-8-14
Use props
Akael
lvl.1

United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-8-14 23:19
Ed, just sent you an email. Thanks.

I'm hoping there is some way to force a hard reset or something ...

Don't want to sound rude, but if you can't afford to have it gone for repairs you probably can't afford to have only one device.

Unless of course you can't afford to have two, which is also acceptable and understandable.

Goodluck getting yours fixed.
2015-8-14
Use props
Italian Dronema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519219 ft
United States

Sorry to say but that is DJI service-sucks I know
2015-8-14
Use props
richardmartin
lvl.2

United States

Italian Dronema Posted at 2015-8-15 05:17
Sorry to say but that is DJI service-sucks I know

Yeah, I've already experienced that just trying to buy one from them.  Very sorry at this point that I didn't buy it from Drone Nerds or Drone Plus instead.
2015-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules