motion controller problem
2449 18 2022-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdub69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1978097 ft
Austria

HI , got my avatar and started flying on the simulator where everything works fine.When I want to fly with the drone everything turns on fine and i can start the avatar and it hovers
but then the motioncontroller stops working.
I cannot accelerate or turn the drone!
landing works fine

what am i doing wrong?

avatar pro package, updated firmware with dji fly
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Just to be clear, you can use the controller to take off and land but nothing else?

If I'm correct about that, I have no idea why it's not working unless it's not totally linked to the Avata and Goggles. You might try a manual link-up and see if that helps.
2022-11-25
Use props
cdub69
lvl.1
Austria

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-25 09:55
Just to be clear, you can use the controller to take off and land but nothing else?

If I'm correct about that, I have no idea why it's not working unless it's not totally linked to the Avata and Goggles. You might try a manual link-up and see if that helps.

YES I can only take off and land nothing else. what is strange as well that I do not get the white dot I usually get when flying with the motion controller!

Manual linking:
press the button the avatar hold it till it starts beeping, then take the controller and press the on button and hold it till it starts beeping.
when the beeping stops they should be linked?

tried that, no change
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

cdub69 Posted at 11-25 12:59
YES I can only take off and land nothing else. what is strange as well that I do not get the white dot I usually get when flying with the motion controller!

Manual linking:

I hate to hear that. It sounds like something may be wrong with the controller. You might want to contact DJI via a ticket or their live chat and see if they can help further or get you a new remote.

Sorry I was not able to help, someone else on here may have an answer.
2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Since you already tried to manually link them and the issue still persists, could you please try to connect your DJI Avata and DJI Motion Controller to the DJI Assistant 2 software to make sure that you are using the latest firmware? If yes, please try to refresh it to see if the issue persists. You may download the software using the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-11-25
Use props
VLSOL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74449 ft
Russia

Hi all!
I had the same issue in the simulator on my iPhone. But I have solved it by a rebooting all devices. And one more thing - it was on the previous firmware.
2022-11-26
Use props
cdub69
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-25 19:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Since you already tried to manually link them and the issue still persists, could you please try to connect your DJI Avata and DJI Motion Controller to the DJI Assistant 2 software to make sure that you are using the latest firmware? If yes, please try to refresh it to see if the issue persists. You may download the software using the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

hi, downloaded dji assistant, refreshed the firmware of the controller + avatar , startet up , the problem is still there, I can start the drone it hovers but then I do not get the white dot an I cannot fly
it also say gimbal needs to be calibrated, but when I turn on calibrating nothing happens, left it to calibrate till the avatar shut down cause it was getting too hot.

2022-11-26
Use props
cdub69
lvl.1
Austria

VLSOL Posted at 11-26 01:29
Hi all!
I had the same issue in the simulator on my iPhone. But I have solved it by a rebooting all devices. And one more thing - it was on the previous firmware.

it works fine on the simulator, having problems getting to fly in real live
2022-11-26
Use props
cdub69
lvl.1
Austria

cdub69 Posted at 11-26 03:11
hi, downloaded dji assistant, refreshed the firmware of the controller + avatar , startet up , the problem is still there, I can start the drone it hovers but then I do not get the white dot an I cannot fly
it also say gimbal needs to be calibrated, but when I turn on calibrating nothing happens, left it to calibrate till the avatar shut down cause it was getting too hot.

UPDATE: got the gimbal to work again after a few reboots, but the problem that after I  take off  I can#t do anything besides landing persists!!! Also did a calibration of the motion controller this went all fine and completed successfully, but still no control with the MC

seem like I received a MONDAY AVATAR
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

cdub69 Posted at 11-26 03:11
it also say gimbal needs to be calibrated, but when I turn on calibrating nothing happens, left it to calibrate till the avatar shut down cause it was getting too hot.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-28
Use props
djiuser_HOcnM818Qh5i
lvl.2

United Kingdom

cdub69 Posted at 2022-11-26 03:44
UPDATE: got the gimbal to work again after a few reboots, but the problem that after I  take off  I can#t do anything besides landing persists!!! Also did a calibration of the motion controller this went all fine and completed successfully, but still no control with the MC

seem like I received a MONDAY AVATAR

Hi has one solved why motion controller for avata lifts and lands drone but nothing else can not move drone once in the air
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HOcnM818Qh5i Posted at 11-16 15:55
Hi has one solved why motion controller for avata lifts and lands drone but nothing else can not move drone once in the air

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Do you mean the Avata does not respond when pressing the accelerator in Motion 2? Have a nice day.
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_HOcnM818Qh5i
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Motion controller 1

Starts motor hover and land but nothing else

Tried 4 motion controllers so far
The only thing I can think of is my camera doesn't work

Does the avata need gimble camera to fly ?

2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Is there any error message on your screen? Will it be fine if you show us a video of the operation? Thank you very much.
2023-12-3
Use props
djiuser_HOcnM818Qh5i
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No error message regarding controller
The only error I'm getting is gimble error and vision sensor not connected

But I was getting the problem before those errors.

. cant do picture don't have goggles with me
2023-12-5
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

I would send the Avata in for DJI to fix. Seems you have a lot of issues. The motion controller relies on GPS and the vision sensor to work properly.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_HOcnM818Qh5i
lvl.2

United Kingdom

D35Archangel Posted at 12-5 13:25
I would send the Avata in for DJI to fix. Seems you have a lot of issues. The motion controller relies on GPS and the vision sensor to work properly.

Thanks for the reply . I got vision ribbon coming that's all that's wrong with vision sensor

The camera is just the ptz cable broke got this at family arriving

I'll see what happens once I install
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HOcnM818Qh5i Posted at 12-5 12:18
No error message regarding controller
The only error I'm getting is gimble error and vision sensor not connected

Hi there. Have you experienced any hard landings or collisions? Have a nice day.
2023-12-11
Use props
Mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-11 04:25
Hi there. Have you experienced any hard landings or collisions? Have a nice day.

I have a similar problem .  I think your controller is not authenticating to your account I can not get mine to register with DJI.  It is linked and will work but every-time I connect I have to connect to an Ipnone for location identification. to authenticate my remote ID.  I dont think your controller is linked to your account can be bound to drone and goggles but will not work,  Dji support does not know how to help on this.
1-25 14:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules