Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BRAKE brings leg in video - how to avoid?
2998 35 2015-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

As 4K is only 25p/30p it is not possible to yaw during video (cannot be done smooth) so movements can only be forward, back, left, right adjustments must be made with gimbal yaw/pitch.

Unfortunately (especially since 1.3?) even with brake at 70% it brakes like this. How can this be avoided? Heading camera to the front is no solution.

how to avoid?

how to avoid?
2015-8-14
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

maybe try to fly in ATTI mode
2015-8-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Impossible with the many trees around. Does it not also fly less smooth in atti?
2015-8-14
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Well ... the solution would be not to fully center the sticks to avoid the brakes to engage ... or as dundee already pointed out ... fly in atti mode (no brakes).
2015-8-14
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

just slowly brake and edit in post, or crab/yaw the aircraft towards the direction of your shot so when you brake it will not show the legs.
2015-8-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Slow down gradually, you don't mash the brake pedal to the floor as hard as you can when you're in your car going 70mph on the freeway and want to stop do ya? Why would you do this to your inspire? Be gentle and make gradual changes.  Atti mode is much smoother cause there are no brakes that get applied with drastic change in stick movements, but it won't hold position automatically either. You have to do this manually and it takes more skill..
2015-8-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Its not so easy because I am following trains and often need to go 30-60 km/h all the time and as I cannot use yaw I must change between eg forward/right at this speed at least I have no time for a slow brake.

Because the camera does not point forward I must fly at straight lines where I know I will not crash into any tree or obstacle so atti would be risky.

I will test different gain settings.  Probably there are some positions which just dont work. I have the problem also when flying side in high speed and point camera somehow to flying direction. To avoid this I only could point the camera more down - then I dont see the mountains in the back anymore or point it in an other direction.
2015-8-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Well you don't have to take 10 seconds to go from full speed to stop, even a slightly more gradual slowdown may be enough to solve your issue.  Don't quite get what you mean though, why doesn't camera point forward? You flying sideways? Fly a little higher so camera points down more, this may also help.I've never seen the foot in the camera on my inspire, you must be doing some wild flying.I'll have to go try and see if I can make it happen.
2015-8-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Or are you saying you drop the stick to adjust camera angle on app screen? Did you try using the wheel on the top left of remote to move camera instead do you can still use the sticks?
2015-8-14
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Just fly over the trees ?
2015-8-14
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-15 00:22
Impossible with the many trees around. Does it not also fly less smooth in atti?

No, it actually will fly smoother in ATTI mode in some cases as it isn't attempting to correct itself.

This will remove the braking completely so if you need to stop in a hurry you will get the same effect.

If you smooth out your stop in GPS mode you should be fine.  Just don't let go, throttle back slowly.

This will mean you stop over 20 feet instead of 3, but you really shouldn't be that close to anything anyway.  

Also, why would you want to use the braking moment in your video?  It looks so unnatural to be going 30MPH then abruptly brake.   Seems like you would cut before stopping anyway.
2015-8-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

jimhare Posted at 2015-8-15 05:53
No, it actually will fly smoother in ATTI mode in some cases as it isn't attempting to correct its ...

As I said I need to change direction without using yaw to adjust how close I am to the train.
2015-8-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

w1der Posted at 2015-8-15 05:23
Just fly over the trees ?

In a 100m valley there is always somewhere one bigger tree I cannot always fly so high that everything I see looks like a miniature.
2015-8-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-15 05:07
Or are you saying you drop the stick to adjust camera angle on app screen? Did you try using the whe ...

I use the wheel. As I said this is the only possibility to have a smooth yaw camera. Thats why it happens the camera shows to the back left like on my picture.
2015-8-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Ah, I understand now.  You are flying forward and have camera pointed backwards and to the left.  Why exactly can't you use yaw to change direction? With some practice you can turn the craft and the camera at the same time and keep the desired object in frame.  Slow steady stick and wheel movements instead of quick jerky ones.  I generally leave the camera forward facing and turn the craft/fly sideways to keep the target in frame. Unfortunately with the camera pointed directly at the leg it greatly increases odds of it coming into view and limits your options, try to keep the camera straight ahead, back or to the side at 90°. Might help some.
2015-8-14
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-15 07:23
In a 100m valley there is always somewhere one bigger tree I cannot always fly so high that everyt ...

OK ...

Did you try the IOC mode ?
2015-8-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

w1der Posted at 2015-8-15 15:38
OK ...

Did you try the IOC mode ?

No is there any software supporting this?

After 1.3 Firmware all waypoint software did not work, now with 1.4 Litchi works again but DJI cut off speed when using waypoints..........I have to test this. And as we all know DJI software still after almost a year misses waypoints, follow, Poi,......
2015-8-15
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-15 08:49
Ah, I understand now.  You are flying forward and have camera pointed backwards and to the left.  Wh ...

I explained in the first post. Yaw is always to fast for 25p video - as long as there is no 4k/50p it cannot be used.
2015-8-15
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-15 18:47
No is there any software supporting this?

After 1.3 Firmware all waypoint software did not work,  ...

The IOC mode has always been working ... !

Try it in the sim to better understand it ... and what it does for you.
Some have found it a useful mode to use.
2015-8-15
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

w1der Posted at 2015-8-15 18:52
The IOC mode has always been working ... !

Try it in the sim to better understand it ... and wha ...

There is no sim on android - also waiting a year for this dont want to know how many crashes are due to missing sim in android.
2015-8-15
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn down your yaw gains, and yes, ATTI is more smooth than GPS when filming.  You are asking for suggestions, and you should be willing to try some of them.  
2015-8-15
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

mixmaven Posted at 2015-8-15 20:33
Turn down your yaw gains, and yes, ATTI is more smooth than GPS when filming.  You are asking for su ...

the first I did was put yaw to 70% but that didnt help enough, I cannot use atti because there are normally trees, bulidings or other things  near which do not allow it to drift around

however i will experiment with the other gain settings as well maybe its only the combination of settings i have which is bad.

Can it flip or crash the inspire experimenting with gain and exp settings putting them 70% one and 130% the other .........
2015-8-15
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

They recommend adjusting only 5% or 10% at a time I think. You should be able to turn the whole craft just as slow as the camera. I can on mine
2015-8-15
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-8-16 09:23
There is no sim in the Android app, but you can plug your Inspire into your PC and run the PC base ...

I think course lock is your answer in IOC.
2015-8-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-16 06:29
the first I did was put yaw to 70% but that didnt help enough, I cannot use atti because there are ...

No it will not crash or flip the Inspire with various gain and expo settings. We have limited those setting to avoid that.
2015-8-15
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-16 08:44
They recommend adjusting only 5% or 10% at a time I think. You should be able to turn the whole craf ...

how many % is your gimbal speed set?
2015-8-16
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

IOC mode and lock your course to a parallel of the train direction.  This way, stick forward will always give you a good direction, irrespective of direction the Inspire is facing
2015-8-16
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Ph02on Posted at 2015-8-16 18:15
IOC mode and lock your course to a parallel of the train direction.  This way, stick forward will al ...

I will test this - does left/right still work during this mode or does it ignore anything but the straight line?
2015-8-16
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-16 18:24
I will test this - does left/right still work during this mode or does it ignore anything but the  ...

Yes, controls remain the same except they are locked, relative to the direction of the course you set.
2015-8-16
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-16 18:06
how many % is your gimbal speed set?

I've never changed my stock settings but I haven't updated to new firmware either and it's my understanding the new app/firmware changed behavior and made things more touchy people are complaining.
2015-8-16
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

just try to brake more gentle
2015-8-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-17 10:50
I've never changed my stock settings but I haven't updated to new firmware either and it's my unde ...

The new firmware did not change the behavior that I can tell, but it did reset the expo and braking settings to factory defaults. So if guys were using those settings to give smother flight and then they were reset, that would make them think the flight behavior has changed. They just need to redo the settings. I use 30 for all expo settings and 70 for braking.
2015-8-16
Use props
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Atti mode or gentle stick control.
2015-8-17
Use props
CameraLensRent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Change your brake setting to 70....problem solved.
2015-8-17
Use props
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CameraLensRent Posted at 2015-8-17 20:03
Change your brake setting to 70....problem solved.

70 is still abrupt. The faster your forward speed the more abrupt the brake reaction. Just bleed the stick gently back to the center or use atti mode. If you can't fly conventional unstablilsed helicopters then be careful in atti mode as the wind can whisk you away.
2015-8-18
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-8-16 09:23
There is no sim in the Android app, but you can plug your Inspire into your PC and run the PC base ...

Paul,

Can you go in to more detail on how this is done? I too would be interested in using my computer instead of the I-pad.  
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules