CBR & VBR
2580 2 2022-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

DJI does not explain anywhere how they manage CBR and VBR on the Mavic 3/3 Classic. I've seen on other Forums where people disagree on the best setting.
In the interests of having the best starting point, what setting, CBR or VBR does DJI recommend for best quality.
(I shoot video professionally and use Blackmagic camera's where they recommend VBR , they call Constant Quality as the best setting)
A expanation would be appreciated.
Many thanks

2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry with us. Here's the information about the difference between the CBR and VBR in DJI Mavic 3/Mavic 3 Classic shooting settings.

CBR and VBR are two strategies of video bitrate. CBR is recommended for image quality, and VBR can be used for storage.

CBR: Use a fixed high bitrate for encoding to ensure stable image quality for large video files.

VBR: The bitrate is related to the scene, and the upper limit is the CBR bitrate. In simple scenarios, the bitrate can be reduced to reduce the size of the video file.

Taking 3840x2160 30fps H.265 video as an example, the size of CBR video file in 1s is about 12.5M. Compared with CBR, using VBR can reduce the file size by 30%-50%.

Hope this helps. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-25
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Thanks Paladin, I appreciate the feedback
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules