Opinion asked about cam quality
1241 21 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MotoRoel
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi all,

Yesterday i received my osmo action 3 and i'm curious what you guys think about the quality.

Is there any form of soft focussing on these videos?

Both videos were shot in 4k, 30fps, standard(dewarp) and everything auto.

First video: quick drive on the motorcycle, at 1 minute and 50 seconds i show a sign at around 50 cm (at the moment still processing for 4k)

Second video: Focus test on a small box

Both videos were shot in 4k, 30fps, standard(dewarp) and everything auto.

2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is irrelevant what people on here think. All they will do is drag you down and depress you about your new toy

What is important is...... Are you happy with the video... That is all that matters
2022-11-26
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 04:27
It is irrelevant what people on here think. All they will do is drag you down and depress you about your new toy

What is important is...... Are you happy with the video... That is all that matters

Someone wasn't praised for their video. How childish, ego going crazy huh?
2022-11-26
Use props
MotoRoel
lvl.2

Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 04:27
It is irrelevant what people on here think. All they will do is drag you down and depress you about your new toy

Thanks for the input tho, but i just want to make sure that i am not facing any weird focusing issues. To me the video looks pretty clean, but its not that big of a deal to return the camera and change it for a newer batch since the store where i bought it from is located on a 30 minute drive. This camera is from the standard pack from 2022/08.
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevoB Posted at 11-26 04:30
Someone wasn't praised for their video. How childish, ego going crazy huh?

Dont want any Praise I do them for Us and an elderly parent that cannot get our much but liked to visit people.
Dont judge other by your own sad standards
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MotoRoel Posted at 11-26 04:32
Thanks for the input tho, but i just want to make sure that i am not facing any weird focusing issues. To me the video looks pretty clean, but its not that big of a deal to return the camera and change it for a newer batch since the store where i bought it from is located on a 30 minute drive. This camera is from the standard pack from 2022/08.

To me that video is very good. I would stick to the camera you have.
2022-11-26
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 04:33
Dont want any Praise I do them for Us and an elderly parent that cannot get our much but liked to visit people.
Dont judge other by your own sad standards

If you're happy with your videos, that's your business and that's just fine. I don't know what you are actually doing here and why you are imposing your opinion on other non-blind people. They are OA3 very soft, a little soft and I have seen one that meets the manufacturer's specification. You have (MotoRoel too) the second one and if you are satisfied with it, it is your opinion. But don't expect that people who had predecessors don't like this softness and will say what they think and how they see it....that's why they're not yet evil or ungrateful, rather honest.
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevoB Posted at 11-26 04:38
If you're happy with your videos, that's your business and that's just fine. I don't know what you are actually doing here and why you are imposing your opinion on other non-blind people. They are OA3 very soft, a little soft and I have seen one that meets the manufacturer's specification. You have (MotoRoel too) the second one and if you are satisfied with it, it is your opinion. But don't expect that people who had predecessors don't like this softness and will say what they think and how they see it....that's why they're not yet evil or ungrateful, rather honest.

Didn't read any of that........ Look up the word Squit
2022-11-26
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

MotoRoel Posted at 11-26 04:32
Thanks for the input tho, but i just want to make sure that i am not facing any weird focusing issues. To me the video looks pretty clean, but its not that big of a deal to return the camera and change it for a newer batch since the store where i bought it from is located on a 30 minute drive. This camera is from the standard pack from 2022/08.

I’d say IQ has nothing to do with standard pack or adventure pack or the manufacturing date either. My original (standard) cam was 08/2022. The replacement (standard) cam was also 08/2022. Didn’t see much difference. And there are other people who have 09/2022 and I think I have seen someone posting with 10/2022 with soft focus.
2022-11-26
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

To me you camera seems fine. I can't stream in 4k due to my old(er) laptop (2015) but even in 1080p it is nice and sharp on my 227 ppi retina screen.
In the 2nd video the text on the box is somewhat difficult to see due to how the light is hitting it (aside from the box title and the Apple and Android store logos).
2022-11-26
Use props
MotoRoel
lvl.2

Netherlands

osmonauta Posted at 11-26 08:40
To me you camera seems fine. I can't stream in 4k due to my old(er) laptop (2015) but even in 1080p it is nice and sharp on my 227 ppi retina screen.
In the 2nd video the text on the box is somewhat difficult to see due to how the light is hitting it (aside from the box title and the Apple and Android store logos).

Thanks for your opinion! I agree to me it looks pretty crisp, the dash on the bike is always nice in focus.
2022-11-26
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 05:47
Didn't read any of that........ Look up the word Squit

Please ignore all of this gentleman's writings....his aim is to confuse you even more ;)
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 11-26 08:58
Please ignore all of this gentleman's writings....his aim is to confuse you even more ;)

My aim is to give people honest opinions from a person who has had DJI drones for many years and also has been using the Osmo Action 3 for some time now. I also try to help people who have been driven down by the OCD Pixel peepers that pervade these forums.

I also have many years experience of life,

You sir are just annoyed because you sent yours back like a spoiled child throwing his rattle out of the pram cos you thought it was no good. Accept that others are happy with theirs
2022-11-26
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Kamen666 Posted at 11-26 08:58

We have a saying: A hit goose honk
2022-11-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So I watched in highest quality on YT , and these videos are excellent. You can tell just how good the focus is both straight on and further to the edge of the frame by looking at the reflections in both your phone and mirrors also the potential the camera has to keep focus up to 100 kph . Also in the second video focus kept up well with the grass bending in the wind and moving very close to the camera. You video of the box was clearly over exposed and more of an operating problem. This was a good test carried out in the field and shows the real potential of the A3 and what its intended use is, good job.

2022-11-27
Use props
MotoRoel
lvl.2

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 02:31
So I watched in highest quality on YT , and these videos are excellent. You can tell just how good the focus is both straight on and further to the edge of the frame by looking at the reflections in both your phone and mirrors also the potential the camera has to keep focus up to 100 kph . Also in the second video focus kept up well with the grass bending in the wind and moving very close to the camera. You video of the box was clearly over exposed and more of an operating problem. This was a good test carried out in the field and shows the real potential of the A3 and what its intended use is, good job.

I agree! Thanks for the input.

Yesterday I tried the camera in the dark but the rocksteady stabilisation was acting pretty funny. This was with the eis optimisation for dark environments off tho. Might be a combination of the bright screens and dark environment but still..

I might test it with the eis option on later, unfortunately its rainy here today
2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MotoRoel Posted at 11-27 02:43
I agree! Thanks for the input.

Yesterday I tried the camera in the dark but the rocksteady stabilisation was acting pretty funny. This was with the eis optimisation for dark environments off tho. Might be a combination of the bright screens and dark environment but still..

Not sure if you used auto for night footage but I would try manual, but with a sensor so small nighttime use will always be a compromise.
2022-11-27
Use props
MotoRoel
lvl.2

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 02:52
Not sure if you used auto for night footage but I would try manual, but with a sensor so small nighttime use will always be a compromise.

Yeah I used auto, but besides that the stabilisation itself looks quite bad. I am not planning to use it that often in the night tho. But I will try it once more with the eis option on at night and I hope that that makes a difference
2022-11-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

many more will be coming here asking what was asked. Is my camera good.

"Do not worry" DJI will  come to the rescue and visit your  channel and or clip and  rest assure.  No one understood my answer,.  Out of the box they are
2022-11-27
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 09:38
My aim is to give people honest opinions from a person who has had DJI drones for many years and also has been using the Osmo Action 3 for some time now. I also try to help people who have been driven down by the OCD Pixel peepers that pervade these forums.

I also have many years experience of life,

Apparently you're not getting the idea with the help, so please stop trying
Do you think I'm a spoiled brat because I returned a defective product? Great. I don't get my money's worth, and I don't agree that I should pay for something that doesn't work as described in its specs.
If you don't agree, you can leave this thread too, people are sick of your boring posts
2022-11-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

always one in hte crowd and it ain't Bigplumb. so get off the high horse and let it go
2022-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good. If it can get your dashboard sharp, I would say you are good to go!
2022-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules