341 9 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJ Wright
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162244 ft
  • >>>
United States

My new Osmo 6 will not power on automatically as advertised, is there a fix or something I’m missing in the set-up? Everything else works perfectly. Need to know soon, while still have time to return it to Best Buy.
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. This is due to the low power consumption of the device during transportation. It is recommended that you use the data cable in the package, and use it with a 5V/2A charger to fully charge the device or activate it until the battery indicator turns yellow. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-26
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-26 19:35
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. This is due to the low power consumption of the device during transportation. It is recommended that you use the data cable in the package, and use it with a 5V/2A charger to fully charge the device or activate it until the battery indicator turns yellow. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Tried that, however battery indicator blinked green for a bit and went out. Never turned yellow. Yes, unit does turn on when I press the power button.
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJ Wright Posted at 11-26 21:26
Tried that, however battery indicator blinked green for a bit and went out. Never turned yellow. Yes, unit does turn on when I press the power button.

Thanks for the update, and we're sorry to read that the issue remains. Please note that it would take approximately 1 hour and 24 minutes (when used with a 10W charger) to fully charge the gimbal. May we how long was the gimbal left on charge? If possible, kindly share with us a video showing the gimbal's behavior upon unfolding it. Please keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-27
Use props
sebas mediaprod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 964406 ft
Spain

Try to reset the gimbal and make shure its fully charged
2022-11-27
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 03:32
Thanks for the update, and we're sorry to read that the issue remains. Please note that it would take approximately 1 hour and 24 minutes (when used with a 10W charger) to fully charge the gimbal. May we how long was the gimbal left on charge? If possible, kindly share with us a video showing the gimbal's behavior upon unfolding it. Please keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.

Have used various DJI chargers to charge well over the recommended times. When I plug the cable in, the green light comes on for a few moments then goes out, never has turned yellow/amber. Have tried uploading a video to no avail. Bottom line, it simply does not automatically turn on when opened.
2022-11-27
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

sebas mediaprod Posted at 11-27 04:56
Try to reset the gimbal and make shure its fully charged
How do I you do that? Other than ‘re-centering’ the gimbal, I didn’t see anything in the manual.
2022-11-27
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for trying to help, but moving on, returned it to the retailer in exchange for a new one. Will see how this one works out.
In another note, I noticed in this thread and other threads seeking solutions, videos of the problems are requested. Tried doing that but video files are not supported it seems.
2022-11-27
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Device WAS defective. Exchanged it at retailer and new one is working perfectly.
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJ Wright Posted at 11-27 07:44
Have used various DJI chargers to charge well over the recommended times. When I plug the cable in, the green light comes on for a few moments then goes out, never has turned yellow/amber. Have tried uploading a video to no avail. Bottom line, it simply does not automatically turn on when opened.

Hi, JJ Wright. Thank you for letting us know that the device has been replaced, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. We're glad to know that the replacement is no longer having the same concerns. We hope that you enjoy using your new gimbal. Thank you for your interest in DJI!
2022-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules