DJI Avata bound to another account after servicing?
407 14 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lamplightwes
lvl.1
United States

I had an Avata with a faulty chip out of the box, sent it in, got it fixed, got it back.

It will not fly stating that it is bound to an account that isn't mine.

The serial # matches the serial # on the service request for the drone I sent out (not like I would remember it by heart)

I have called the service dpt but they are quoting 24/48 hours just to figure out what they want to do, and if they want the unit back I'm out my avata for another 5-10 days I'm assuming.

Incase anyone reading this is having a similar problem...

The email its saying my drone is trevorhali*****@gmail.com

My email is lamplights*****@gmail.com

Somehow they might have mixed out drones up...
I know my serial matches, but its the only thing I can think of.

2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please provide us with a screenshot to check this message? We will confirm this with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
2022-11-26
Use props
Lamplightwes
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-26 18:03
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please provide us with a screenshot to check this message? We will confirm this with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.

I was wondering if a tech at the repair center maybe had to temporarily bind it to his account to test fly it.  You can only get 5 flights with an unbound device.  Maybe the testing and QA took more than that?
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lamplightwes Posted at 11-27 16:23
I was wondering if a tech at the repair center maybe had to temporarily bind it to his account to test fly it.  You can only get 5 flights with an unbound device.  Maybe the testing and QA took more than that?

May we confirm if the serial number of the drone you received is 1581F******Y38? If so, we recommend that you send back the drone for a check.
2022-11-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Can't dji just get it "unbound" from that account??

now you'll have to wait even longer to be able to fly it
2022-11-28
Use props
Lamplightwes
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 23:45
May we confirm if the serial number of the drone you received is 1581F******Y38? If so, we recommend that you send back the drone for a check.

The serial # matches.  I would hope there might be a way to just unbind this drone from whatever account it's associated with to prevent the need for another 10 days of shipping and evaluating.

I don't remember ever having to bind this drone to my account.  If this really is MY drone that I received really think it wound up bound to either the tech or QA person's account by mistake.

If my only option is to ship it back, then I have no choice.  But, I would really hope there was another, simple, remote way to address the issue.
2022-11-28
Use props
Lamplightwes
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 23:45

I just discovered something that I feel confirms my idea about the tech/QA person at the service center.

The drone is bound to goggles with a different serial number than my goggles.  Those goggles belong to someone with the email address I mentioned in my first post "trevorhali*****@gmail.com"

I never bound my drone to my goggles, I don't think I was ever prompted to, or probably declined doing it.

I would appreciate if there is a way to find out if there is an employee at the california service center with the name Trevor H.  to remove the bind between my Avata and his goggles/account.
2022-11-28
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like the chip they used to fix yours was from another bird. (used/refirb) And the data/account is attached to that chip.
~ I wonder why they didn't just give you a new bird... weird. (in every case I have always got either a new one or at least a refirb back; never the same one.)
2022-11-28
Use props
Lamplightwes
lvl.1
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 11-28 13:47
Sounds like the chip they used to fix yours was from another bird. (used/refirb) And the data/account is attached to that chip.
~ I wonder why they didn't just give you a new bird... weird. (in every case I have always got either a new one or at least a refirb back; never the same one.)

So I considered that, but I don't know if that's the case.  The bad chiplet was just a motor speed controller.

I mean its totally plausible, but I'd find it really weird that any customer account data or bonded device data was scored on an ESC
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lamplightwes Posted at 11-28 07:31
The serial # matches.  I would hope there might be a way to just unbind this drone from whatever account it's associated with to prevent the need for another 10 days of shipping and evaluating.

I don't remember ever having to bind this drone to my account.  If this really is MY drone that I received really think it wound up bound to either the tech or QA person's account by mistake.

We will confirm the account issue with the corresponding team. Could you please first check if there is any issue with the drone? Please check the aircraft status on the app or Goggles.
2022-11-29
Use props
Lamplightwes
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 04:06
We will confirm the account issue with the corresponding team. Could you please first check if there is any issue with the drone? Please check the aircraft status on the app or Goggles.
So I cannot arm the rotors. But there are no status error messages with the drone when I connect it to the goggles or to the fly app.  

It appears ready to fly.  I cannot confirm whether it flies properly or not.

*No status error messages besides the binding issue.
2022-11-29
Use props
Lamplightwes
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 04:06
We will confirm the account issue with the corresponding team. Could you please first check if there is any issue with the drone? Please check the aircraft status on the app or Goggles.

I FOUND TREVOR H. !

Dude has a pretty cool instagram account with skate videos on it.

He unbound my Avata from his account and I was able to bind it back to mine.

His Avata and mine were in the repair center at the same time; who knows how mine ended up bound to his stuff.  

You can cancel the ticket and inquiry, the problem has been resolved.
2022-11-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lamplightwes Posted at 11-29 08:09
I FOUND TREVOR H. !

Dude has a pretty cool instagram account with skate videos on it.

Unbelievable!  For real...
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lamplightwes Posted at 11-29 08:09
I FOUND TREVOR H. !

Dude has a pretty cool instagram account with skate videos on it.

Thanks for the update. We are glad to know the problem is solved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2022-11-30
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

awsome you found the guy.
But DJI should have contacted him (as they have all his info?) and arrange this for you... tha'ts just my opinion (but maybe they were doing that already in the background ;) you were just a bit faster)
2022-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules