Parody posts
1279 16 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

Generally, I believe some posts here should belong to a parody account. Ppl...this aircraft costs, $700. It accesses three (3) satellite positioning systems, has a built-in autopilot and stabilization system, has built-in object avoidance, has video and still camera software with significant capabilities, and has built-in maps and event tracking.  What are your really expecting here? I mean really! If you want the capabilities and sophistication of an advanced, commercial drone, spend the money and you will get what you want...maybe.
Ease up, and just enjoy flying this little Jewel, I do...
2022-11-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure which threads/posts you are referring to?

I do know some have gotten hung up on the name Pro though, thinking this is a Professional drone when in fact its just the Pro version of the Mini line
2022-11-26
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I enjoy flying if the weather permits.
There are no technical problems in my Drone, I am very happy.
There are some flaws in the software that don't really affect my enjoyment, but since I'm an IT professional, I want to help improve the product so that I can enjoy using it even more myself.
I also support feedback on other different products in the IT industry.
2022-11-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think many accounts are unintentional parodies.   People that crash the drone then go all-caps on DJI saying it's their fault.  Propellers installed incorrectly.  People drilling holes in batteries to fix swelling issues.  And the best, people that want to use a Mini series drone for commercial work.  Sometimes it hurts the brain.
2022-11-27
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 11-27 07:13
I think many accounts are unintentional parodies.   People that crash the drone then go all-caps on DJI saying it's their fault.  Propellers installed incorrectly.  People drilling holes in batteries to fix swelling issues.  And the best, people that want to use a Mini series drone for commercial work.  Sometimes it hurts the brain.

I agree. This drone has a lot of features for the price, and some ppl expect wonders from it. I’ve flown mine straight-line 1 mile LOS, 150 ft elevation with no obstructions (with two spotters (middle and end)), and never had a low signal. i wouldn't be comfortable getting any more distance, and this was a controlled test.  Other times i've flown the same area, shorter distance with trees in the way, and got low signal.

Ppl should buy a commercial grade device if they need day-to-day high performance. End of story. The Mini 3 Pro is a great "little" quad and a joy to fly.
2022-11-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-27 10:05
I agree. This drone has a lot of features for the price, and some ppl expect wonders from it. I’ve flown mine straight-line 1 mile LOS, 150 ft elevation with no obstructions (with two spotters (middle and end)), and never had a low signal. i wouldn't be comfortable getting any more distance, and this was a controlled test.  Other times i've flown the same area, shorter distance with trees in the way, and got low signal.

Ppl should buy a commercial grade device if they need day-to-day high performance. End of story. The Mini 3 Pro is a great "little" quad and a joy to fly.

What wonders are you referring to?
2022-11-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-26 19:39
Not sure which threads/posts you are referring to?

I do know some have gotten hung up on the name Pro though, thinking this is a Professional drone when in fact its just the Pro version of the Mini line

"Pro" just means you make money at something related. It does not mean you are more skilled.
2022-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I really like my mini 2.
Someday I hope to get a Mi3pro, but so far M2 has been serving me well.
2022-11-27
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-27 19:11
What wonders are you referring to?

Well, photogrammetry for one. There is always a trade-off with any aircraft, between weight and capabilities. This quad, in my opinion offers a lot of function, while avoiding the dreaded “over 249 grams” restrictions. Example: I could set about doing aerial mapping with a two-seat trainer airplane and hold my Kodak Brownie out the window, or I could be a big boy/girl and purchase an “cabin-class” twin-engine airplane designed for such a project. Profe$$ional tools yield profe$$ional results.

This quad is packed to the gills with software and hardware in a condensed aerodynamic package. That is obvious because of the heat load seen during operation. For the majority of us, the Mini 3 Pro provides hours of enjoyment, and gives us plenty of tools to express ourselves artistically. I believe it’s sophisticated as can be found. But, It’s not a “cabin-class” aircraft, and it isn’t design to be such either.
2022-11-28
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-28 04:26
Love the Mini 3, but alas it suffers the same shortcoming as every DJI drone beyond the Mavic 2:  No Autonomous Waypoint support.

I would like to see that feature among a lot of other handy things too, but looking over the DJI product line, supporting their products must be a nightmare effort. For the Mini 3 Pro, they publish manuals in 29 languages which means the OS must support those languages too. And that’s just for the Mini3.  I would forgo some of the “trick shot” routines cooked into the OS just to get some added automated navigation capabilities that would facilitate making smooth videos without all the hand-flying required. That way we could focus on our intended subject(s), not the quad.

But, memory constraints dictate what is and isn’t put into the OS, and like everything, it’s a trade-off. Thanks for commenting,
2022-11-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Most constraints are business decisions and not hardware limitations.

Waypoints, lack of SDK etc.
2022-11-28
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 11-28 04:50
Most constraints are business decisions and not hardware limitations.

Waypoints, lack of SDK etc.

ALL SOFTWARE design starts and ends with managing your resources while providing flexibility to the greatest number of target customers. In this case, automating simple flying techniques satisfies most of the buyers of the Mini3.  As software developers, we always want more memory/hardware in order  to meet higher expectations. Both cost $$$. Designing software/hardware for the professional user is far different than the investment for casual users. This product is simply “trickle-down” development from more sophisticated systems. Thank you for commenting.
2022-11-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-28 05:02
ALL SOFTWARE design starts and ends with managing your resources while providing flexibility to the greatest number of target customers. In this case, automating simple flying techniques satisfies most of the buyers of the Mini3.  As software developers, we always want more memory/hardware in order  to meet higher expectations. Both cost $$$. Designing software/hardware for the professional user is far different than the investment for casual users. This product is simply “trickle-down” development from more sophisticated systems. Thank you for commenting.

That isn't actually true with these drones.
They have sufficient memory, processing power, storage and capabilities.
The firmwares have been disassembled many times over.
The withdrawal of features (that started after Mavic 2) were business decisions.
As have all the ones since.

We know the hardware platforms they run off and know they're being under utilised deliberately.
2022-11-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some just got hung up on the label "Pro", thats all, because of that they expected a little more than what is actually offered.
Some of us actually hope that some older features would return, this is why you're seeing "Feature" requests.
For the folks that were hoping to do photogrammetry with this Mini 3 Pro, it was explained to them that it's not actually a "Pro" drone perse'.

I am not so sure that it warranted a thread to tell other members to "ease up", this is what forums are for, why do you feel it's your place to say so?

Let us ask, its rare anything comes of it mind but at least let us try.
2022-11-28
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-28 06:11
Some just got hung up on the label "Pro", thats all, because of that they expected a little more than what is actually offered.
Some of us actually hope that some older features would return, this is why you're seeing "Feature" requests.
For the folks that were hoping to do photogrammetry with this Mini 3 Pro, it was explained to them that it's not actually a "Pro" drone perse'.

Bashy, I get your point, I really do. Forums ARE for discussion. That said, so many threads here sound like disgruntled customers who want more than they paid for. Ppl don’t read manuals, and don’t spend the time to actually learn to hand fly the quad. I think it’s the “ease of operation” you said before. This thing is crazy easy to fly, stable in most every circumstance, and just zips around without running into something.

I just want folks to enjoy the quad and show us more of what they do with it, not what they don’t like about it. Maybe it’s just human nature, I don’t know…
2022-11-28
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 11-28 05:34
That isn't actually true with these drones.
They have sufficient memory, processing power, storage and capabilities.
The firmwares have been disassembled many times over.

I have never had a project where memory and resources were unlimited and we’re not considered in design and implementation. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion, right or wrong.
2022-11-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-28 06:33
Bashy, I get your point, I really do. Forums ARE for discussion. That said, so many threads here sound like disgruntled customers who want more than they paid for. Ppl don’t read manuals, and don’t spend the time to actually learn to hand fly the quad. I think it’s the “ease of operation” you said before. This thing is crazy easy to fly, stable in most every circumstance, and just zips around without running into something.

I just want folks to enjoy the quad and show us more of what they do with it, not what they don’t like about it. Maybe it’s just human nature, I don’t know…

You will always get disgruntled customers and the forums are normally the 1st port of call to do the venting, even if the drone is spot on for most of us, there's always the minority that was expecting something else from it, heck, even I'm in that minority as i was really hoping for at least Precision Landing back, there's no reason not to have it, I also really miss the way you can hand launch the Mini's yet with the Mini 3 Pro you cant, 1st ya cant throw to launch, that was really handy for me and 2 the actual launch from hand is now different to, you have to use auto take off. You get used to the way things are and then they go and mess with it, makes no sense to me.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules