DJI mini SE USB-C port on drone, charge only or connect to comp?
1760 7 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CitizenVeen
lvl.1

Netherlands

Heya,

I downloaded the DJI assistent from the webpage, its listed under support software for the DJI mini SE. And it also lists the DJI mini SE as 1 of it's supported products. When I plug in an USB-C cable into the charging port on the drone, and the other side of the cable to my comp it starts charging the battery, but no connection is initiated to the computer. Not in file explorer, and when I open the DJI assistent program, it says no connection is found.
Tried both with drone turned on and turned off.

Is the port on the mini SE charge only, or should I be able to connect it to my comp and download images and such directly from the drone?

Thanks

2022-11-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try starting Assistant, connecting drone THEN turn drone on. This works for me with my Mini 2.
2022-11-26
Use props
CitizenVeen
lvl.1

Netherlands

thanks for the reply. I can't turn the drone on if it's already connected to the USB, as it is charging...
2022-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CitizenVeen Posted at 11-26 10:50
thanks for the reply. I can't turn the drone on if it's already connected to the USB, as it is charging...

mayby first powering up the drone, than insert the usc cable.....
2022-11-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1) start the assistant 2 and let it boot.
2) plug the USB cable into the computer. When the Assistant 2 has booted
3) switch the drone on and within 15sec
4) plug the usb cable into the drone.
2022-11-26
Use props
CitizenVeen
lvl.1

Netherlands

thanks, ill try that. So the mini SE should definitely be able to transport data through the usb-c port?
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. You may follow the suggestions of our fellow professional drone pilots above to see if the issue persists. If you still experience the issue, kindly please use a different USB communication cable and uninstall/reinstall the software then try again to check if there are changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CitizenVeen Posted at 11-26 16:37
thanks, ill try that. So the mini SE should definitely be able to transport data through the usb-c port?

I have no idea.
I thought you were attempting to use the assistant 2 for something.
What data do you which to transfer?
If photos and videos from the memory card I remove the memory card from the drone and put it in a card reader attached to the computer.
I think I have seen my drones show up as a memory devices when connected to a computer by USB but do not remember the circumstances.  
2022-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules