How to enable/disable cache video files on the DJI FPV???
360 5 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

I commonly use the cache video files setting on my MA2 to get quick clips to share with friends/SM on my phone without downloading multiple GB files.

Within the menus for the DJI FPV on the goggles V2, I cannot find the cache video files settins. I've only had the FPV for a couple days and flown about 9 charge-cycles, but I really want to get this setting turned back on. I have it enabled for my MA2.

I have tried on both my Ipad Pro (2018) and on my brand new Pixel 7 Pro. On both devices, once the goggles, phone, controller, and drone are connected, the Go Fly button illuminates blue. After pressing it, the phone screen transitions to a 'monitoring-only' state where it displays the video feed with no menus or controls. I believe that is correct as all the menus are handled through the goggles. However I don't see the cache video setting anywhere in the goggles.

Unfortunately DJI support chat didn't even understand what the cache video setting was that I was asking about
Screenshot_20221126-121829.png
Screenshot_20221126-121822.png
Screenshot_20221126-113901.png
2022-11-26
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
United States

photos attached showing 1) fully connected fpv drone, 2) on-screen display on phone/ipad when fully connected, 3) cached videos available with no drone connected
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. Please note that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is the one who's responsible for the cache files. The aircraft can normally capture photos or videos, but the cache and videos cannot be checked if an SD card is not inserted into the DJI FPV Goggles V2. If an SD card is inserted into both the DJI FPV drone and DJI FPV Goggles V2, both of them can record videos. Please try to insert an SD Card into your Goggles then check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-26
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-26 19:00
Hi. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. Please note that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is the one who's responsible for the cache files. The aircraft can normally capture photos or videos, but the cache and videos cannot be checked if an SD card is not inserted into the DJI FPV Goggles V2. If an SD card is inserted into both the DJI FPV drone and DJI FPV Goggles V2, both of them can record videos. Please try to insert an SD Card into your Goggles then check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hey there! Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, that is not describing the feature. I'm talking about. The cache files I'm talking about are recorded directly to your phone using two, four, eight, or 16 GB of internal phone storage. When flying my mavic Air 2, one of the settings in the camera section allows you to enable or disable this feature and select the resizable cache volume.

In the third screenshot I provided above, you can see at one point that the DJI fly app did record a cache file from the FPV drone, it's the fourth video file all the way on the right, the prior three on the left are from my mavic Air 2.
2022-11-27
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
United States

Newport home  drone Posted at 11-27 06:50

Unfortunately, that is not describing the feature. I'm talking about. The cache files I'm talking about are recorded directly to your phone using two, four, eight, or 16 GB of internal phone storage. When flying my mavic Air 2, one of the settings in the camera section allows you to enable or disable this feature and select the resizable cache volume.

The whole reason I would like to fix this issue is because the cash files are already on your mobile device and they are small files so you can take quick snippets from them and share immediately. You don't have to keep the drone powered on and wait for any file transfers or fumble around with microSD cards
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Newport home  drone Posted at 11-27 06:50

Unfortunately, that is not describing the feature. I'm talking about. The cache files I'm talking about are recorded directly to your phone using two, four, eight, or 16 GB of internal phone storage. When flying my mavic Air 2, one of the settings in the camera section allows you to enable or disable this feature and select the resizable cache volume.

Thank you for keeping us posted. If you have an SD card for both Goggles and drone, there will be generated footage (video file) on the album on the DJI Fly app. There is no cache, only footage that can be downloaded via the DJI Fly app Album. Please note that the DJI Mavic Air 2 is different from the DJI FPV Drone. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules