Goggles V2 Battery Alternative??
565 4 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

Does anyone know how to use a different battery bank for the goggles V2 power supply??

Pictured below are the specs for my power brick and the DJI battery. The DJI battery puts out 9V/1.5A and my battery pack is capable of up to 9V/2A so this should be a non-issue. The DJI goggles battery is tiny and requires charging every other time I go out. I'd rather not have to worry about remembering to charge one more thing, or at least always have an alternative available.

When I connected my power brick to the goggles I got no response/power on, but I routinely use my power bricks for running my Sony mirrorless cameras on extended power.

Looking for how to kickstart the goggles on.
PXL_20221126_173332132.jpg
PXL_20221126_173431771.jpg
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. Yes, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 can be charged using a power bank. Also, when using a 3rd party power supply, DJI recommends 11.1-25.2 V supply voltage for DJI FPV Goggles V2. The goggles can automatically identify the number of battery strings. If the supply voltage is 11.1-13.2 V, the battery would be identified as a 3S battery. If the supply voltage is 16 V, the battery would be identified as a 4S battery. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-26
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can use that adapter cable and then any 3 (2?) to 6S battery.
2022-11-27
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-26 18:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. Yes, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 can be charged using a power bank. Also, when using a 3rd party power supply, DJI recommends 11.1-25.2 V supply voltage for DJI FPV Goggles V2. The goggles can automatically identify the number of battery strings. If the supply voltage is 11.1-13.2 V, the battery would be identified as a 3S battery. If the supply voltage is 16 V, the battery would be identified as a 4S battery. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

The power bank I am using will output 12V @ 1.5A, which is within the range you specified, and more than the DJI battery is rated for at 9V @ 1.5A, but yet the goggles still don't turn on.

Is there something I'm missing? Maybe a special way to trigger the goggles to turn on? My larger power supplies power immediately when devices are plugged in rather than having an on-off button like the DJI battery.

It is a normal USB-C battery bank for charging phones, cameras, etc.

2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Newport home  drone Posted at 11-27 07:00
Hi! Thanks for the reply!

The power bank I am using will output 12V @ 1.5A, which is within the range you specified, and more than the DJI battery is rated for at 9V @ 1.5A, but yet the goggles still don't turn on.

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules