Mini 3 RC Drone WiFi not showing on my phone
1243 3 2022-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralph111
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, Just got a Mini 3 pro RC two days ago.

I cant get a connection to the DJI Fly Quick Transfer option. My phone (Blackview BV 9800 Pro on Android 9) does not see the WiFi from the Drone. If I go into the WiFi settings on the RC controler, I see the WiFi the Drone generates, but not on my mobile and not on my computers. Bluetooth and WiFi is activated, I tried setting to 2.4 Ghz, the phone "sees" the drone with Bluetooth and gives the option for Quick Transfer but after that the connection is not possible.

Tried Firmware update with DJI Assistant, nothing helps.

Why does the RC controller see the WiFi of the Drone and my phone does not?

Greetings

Ralph
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue persists? It seems that the mobile device that you are using a not listed on our recommended mobile devices and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid issues. You may refer to the link below. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-11-27
Use props
djiuser_DNg3KgweBFSx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4386 ft
Turkey

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-11-27 01:46
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue persists? It seems that the mobile device that you are using a not listed on our recommended mobile devices and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid issues. You may refer to the link below. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
I have the same problem with not being able to see the drone WiFi on my phone which is an Elephone PX running Android 9.
The drone wifi is visible on my Lenovo tablet running Android 11.

My tablet is not a phone (which make no sense asking if someone has a different phone, as in your post), so why not just specify an Android (or above) version?

How can we get this to work on our phones?

Why not simply release a beta version available for any phone and let users feedback what phone they use and any issues?
That way you can massively increase the supported devices list whilst being covered by the fact these users are on a beta.
Using users to bug test is a valid way forward.

Update: Successfully attached the drone to my tablet and transferred the pictures...So it does work with things other than phones.
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_DNg3KgweBFSx Posted at 5-13 08:41
I have the same problem with not being able to see the drone WiFi on my phone which is an Elephone PX running Android 9.
The drone wifi is visible on my Lenovo tablet running Android 11.

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this request of yours to our designated team for attention. Also, we're glad that you already make it work using your Lenovo device. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules