Mini 3 Pro Jello-effect and gimbal issue
4152 25 2022-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

I got a new drone and from the first flight I found a problem with the gimbal. A picture with a jelly effect that intensifies as you stay in the air. All calibrations have been completed. The latest firmware. How can this problem be solved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxsBwwfBNWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoOUda0oj_A
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Oleg_Zy23. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that when the exposure time is too short (less than 1/200 second), or the flight attitude angle is too large (for example, the aircraft is flying in S-mode, or the roll stick is pushed to the end), since the vibration of the drone may increase due to aerodynamic reasons, the gimbal may be affected by wind strength, and this can lead to a noticeable dynamic deformation in the video.
Here are some recommendations you can try:
1. It is recommended to either increase the exposure time by using an ND filter, shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.
2. Check whether the gimbal is released from the limit buckle. If not, calibrate the gimbal and IMU in the DJI Fly app and check whether the issue still exists.
Additionally, we would like to know if the "jello" effect appears on the cached video from the app only, or if it also appears from the original video on the microSD card. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-27
Use props
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 03:24
Hi there, Oleg_Zy23. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that when the exposure time is too short (less than 1/200 second), or the flight attitude angle is too large (for example, the aircraft is flying in S-mode, or the roll stick is pushed to the end), since the vibration of the drone may increase due to aerodynamic reasons, the gimbal may be affected by wind strength, and this can lead to a noticeable dynamic deformation in the video.
Here are some recommendations you can try:
1. It is recommended to either increase the exposure time by using an ND filter, shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.

Tony, thanks for your reply.
Video was from micro SD.
Slightly better at shutter speed 1/50 but also strong jelly-effect on descend.
All footage were taken in normal mode in calm weather. The jelly effect is also visible when simply hovering in the air, after a few minutes of flight.
2022-11-27
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will assume you properly removed all the stickers etc. If you did all the calibrations (IMU, Gimbal, Compass, etc). I would return it to where you bought it for and exchange?
2022-11-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Perhaps a dodgy prop
2022-11-27
Use props
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

jmb63 Posted at 11-27 04:18
I will assume you properly removed all the stickers etc. If you did all the calibrations (IMU, Gimbal, Compass, etc). I would return it to where you bought it for and exchange?

Yes, I did everything as you said.
Unfortunately I can't return it as the store no longer exists.
2022-11-27
Use props
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

Bashy Posted at 11-27 05:14
Perhaps a dodgy prop

I'll check when the Fly More kit arrives. But I don't think that's the problem. The first minutes of the flight everything is fine. The effect appears and becomes stronger after a few minutes of flight
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Oleg_Zy23 Posted at 11-27 04:14
Tony, thanks for your reply.
Video was from micro SD.
Slightly better at shutter speed 1/50 but also strong jelly-effect on descend.

We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Thanks for your response, by the way. In addition to the initial suggestions, please ensure that the device has sufficient processing capability and that no signal interference is encountered during the flight. If the issue remains, kindly provide us with the following information for further analysis:
a. The frequency of the rippling effect.
b. Under what operating scenarios is this issue prone to occur?
c. Firmware version.
d. User mobile device or app version.
We will be waiting for your update. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-27
Use props
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 23:01
We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Thanks for your response, by the way. In addition to the initial suggestions, please ensure that the device has sufficient processing capability and that no signal interference is encountered during the flight. If the issue remains, kindly provide us with the following information for further analysis:
a. The frequency of the rippling effect.
b. Under what operating scenarios is this issue prone to occur?

Hello Tony,

I replaced the propellers with props from the Fly More kit. Made a test flight away from any buildings. Calm weather. +2°C
The issue remains.

a. You can see it in the video at the link:
https://youtu.be/qIE3i9qLjHA
and previous one:
https://youtu.be/PoOUda0oj_A

b. It appears about a minute after takeoff and becomes stronger during the flight.
The higher the drone, the stronger the effect.
Strongest jelly-effect on descent, moderate on hover, low on straight and almost non-existent on ascent.
I also noticed that the camera loses focus when braking.

c. Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0400

d. DJI RC (App Version: 1.8.0)
RC Firmware: 01.02.0100
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Oleg_Zy23 Posted at 11-28 06:57
Hello Tony,

I replaced the propellers with props from the Fly More kit. Made a test flight away from any buildings. Calm weather. +2°C

Thanks for providing the necessary details. We will have this forwarded to our engineers for further analysis. We'll have you updated as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

DJI Tony Posted at 11-29 01:06
Thanks for providing the necessary details. We will have this forwarded to our engineers for further analysis. We'll have you updated as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.

Are there any updates?
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Oleg_Zy23 Posted at 12-2 02:23
Are there any updates?

Hi, Oleg_Zy23. We apologize for the delayed update. By the way, we just received feedback from our engineers about the report we have submitted. After reviewing the videos and details forwarded to our related team, we regret to inform you that you are suggested to send the drone back for further testing. We understand that this is a brand-new drone and that this answer is not what you were hoping for. However, for this kind of issue, this is the best resolution. You may consider contacting our Customer Support at support.dji.com for more details about the process. Your understanding is highly appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-2
Use props
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 23:38
Hi, Oleg_Zy23. We apologize for the delayed update. By the way, we just received feedback from our engineers about the report we have submitted. After reviewing the videos and details forwarded to our related team, we regret to inform you that you are suggested to send the drone back for further testing. We understand that this is a brand-new drone and that this answer is not what you were hoping for. However, for this kind of issue, this is the best resolution. You may consider contacting our Customer Support at support.dji.com for more details about the process. Your understanding is highly appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Hello, Tony. Thanks for support
2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Oleg_Zy23 Posted at 12-3 02:15

You are most welcome and thank you for your kind understanding. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and keep safe.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_vVdaymS1ZYEJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1299206 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi, I faced a similar problem.  This seems to have happened after the last update as there were no crashes or crashes.  The image taken yesterday, filmed - unstable, floating.  Also, the gimbal makes strange noises from time to time.
2022-12-4
Use props
fansf7841873
lvl.1
United States

Oleg_Zy23 Posted at 2022-12-3 02:15

Hi, have your issue been resolved? I am having the same issue.
2023-1-7
Use props
Oleg_Zy23
lvl.1
Moldova

fansf7841873 Posted at 1-7 17:14
Hi, have your issue been resolved? I am having the same issue.

Hi, I sent it back to DJI
2023-1-8
Use props
ariv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189039 ft
Finland

djiuser_vVdaymS1ZYEJ Posted at 2022-12-4 07:34
Hi, I faced a similar problem.  This seems to have happened after the last update as there were no crashes or crashes.  The image taken yesterday, filmed - unstable, floating.  Also, the gimbal makes strange noises from time to time.

Hello, thanks for sharing. I have the same issue with my mini 3 pro. I never had this types of issues before, and I have not been in any accidents with the drone for a while.  After the recent firmware update I started to get this same jello/shaking video footage problem described by Oleg_Zy23. Perhaps around 50% of my footage is usable. Few times photos have been crooked as well. It would be good to hear back from DJI if this issue could be firmware related?
2023-4-11
Use props
WhatsNotToHike
lvl.2
Spain

Hi,

I'm having this issue now too. Had my mini 3 pro for about a month.

Conditions - Minimal wind
Filter used - Freewell ND 64
Calibrated before use.
1 video was fine. The rest, really bad wobble effect, unusable footage.
It's  not wobble across the who video, maybe one thing in focus, wobble effect below or to left of the footage.

I don't want to send it back only to be replaced with a possible inferior, 2nd hand device. If this is not an easy fix, I would rather have a full refund and look elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WhatsNotToHike Posted at 6-4 07:41
Hi,

I'm having this issue now too. Had my mini 3 pro for about a month.

Hi, WhatsNotToHike. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you post a sample video here so we may check it further? Thank you.
2023-6-5
Use props
WhatsNotToHike
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply (I noticed the other reply too, thanks!)

As I only have footage with the filter, I can only upload that for now. However, I can't take it out right now to get new footage as It's raining, so I will try tomorrow.

In the meantime, i hope the footage i have uploaded gives you an idea of my issue.

Thanks again.
2023-6-5
Use props
WhatsNotToHike
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 6-5 10:47
Hi, WhatsNotToHike. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you post a sample video here so we may check it further? Thank you.

Thank you Tony. I have now uploaded a file for you titled 'wobble' I hope that gives you an idea of what is happening.

Thanks very much.
2023-6-5
Use props
WhatsNotToHike
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 6-5 10:47

Hi Tony I have been out with the drone without the filter and the problem still persists. It started off ok but after approx 5 minutes, it started the wobble again. The exact time i started was when i tried to film in spotlight mode, happened immediately. However, when i switched spotlight off, landed the drone, switched it off and then back on again and flew it again, it was wobbling immediately, without spotlight being activated. Ity's definitely faulty.

I can upload the footage but in all honesty, I would rather send it back and have it replaced with a new, unopened one, as I have only had it 7 weeks. Vey disappointed, I must admit as i had high hopes for this drone.

Please tell me what i need to do.

Thanks
2023-6-6
Use props
fans8289aba2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1299206 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I have DJI Technical Support answer: The images only show parts with detailed cosmetic damage, Gimbal pitch axis arm cracked...
2023-6-15
Use props
MickeyMooMoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2878268 ft
United Kingdom

I have a similar issue with my Mini3 Pro. Same place on the gimbal. I wonder if its a manufacture defect?

3-21 05:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MickeyMooMoo Posted at 3-21 05:47
I have a similar issue with my Mini3 Pro. Same place on the gimbal. I wonder if its a manufacture defect? [view_image][view_image]

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket case. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
3-21 22:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules