Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a2k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4752300 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello dear members of the forum and experts of DJI AVATA

I own a DJI AVATA and the DJI Goggles 2 (i.e. the smaller new glasses) with the motion controller.

Now I would like to somehow bring the live image to an external monitor/TV during the flight so that spectators can follow the flight (without displaying the telemetry data).

I have already connected the Goggles to an RC Pro Controller with USB-C and activated the FPV Live function there. However, this doesn't work as hoped. I tried to activate spectator mode in the goggles but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get a picture without telemetry data - i.e. a Clean HDMI - on an external monitor?

Best regards and thanks for help

Joe / a2k-media

2022-11-27
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

By default the Goggles 2 will transmit the image to the DJI Fly app when connected via USB-C to the goggles 2... then just duplicate the display on the TV via "Screen Casting."  I specifically use Samsung SmartView to wirelessly display the phone screen to our TV after connecting the phone to the Goggles 2, but your phone and TV may use different tech.  My phone and TV are both Samsung. Delay is VERY minimal.. maybe a second at most. (I could fly using the TV display)

Hope this helps.
2022-11-27
Use props
a2k
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Bob Brown Posted at 11-27 06:44
By default the Goggles 2 will transmit the image to the DJI Fly app when connected via USB-C to the goggles 2... then just duplicate the display on the TV via "Screen Casting."  I specifically use Samsung SmartView to wirelessly display the phone screen to our TV after connecting the phone to the Goggles 2, but your phone and TV may use different tech.  My phone and TV are both Samsung. Delay is VERY minimal.. maybe a second at most. (I could fly using the TV display)

Hope this helps.

First of all thank you very much for the answer.

The question now is whether the image then displays the telemetric data or whether it is the pure image?!?

That's crucial and that was the reason for trying to connect the goggles to the smart controller. This has an HDMI-Out socket and so I could send the live image to an external monitor via HDMI cable to display the clean HDMI image there.

"Mirroring" the display on a mobile phone shows the image of the Fly app with the telemetric data. But that shouldn't be the case.

I am curious if there is a solution. I think there are some people who would like to use that.
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that a live display on an external monitor without the telemetry showing is possible, and can be changed in the goggles settings. Here are the steps:
1. Connect DJI RC Pro to DJI Goggles 2 with the USB-C cable, then enable FPV Live.

2. On Goggles 2, go to Settings, Camera, and Advanced Camera Settings, then turn off “Camera View Recording."
When "Camera View Recording" is turned off, the OSD information will not be shown on the external monitor.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2022-11-28
Use props
a2k
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 11-28 03:36
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that a live display on an external monitor without the telemetry showing is possible, and can be changed in the goggles settings. Here are the steps:
1. Connect DJI RC Pro to DJI Goggles 2 with the USB-C cable, then enable FPV Live.
[view_image]

WOW - Hi dear DJI Tony,
I will try that ASAP. That would be wonderful if that worked for me too.
Only in a few days will I have the drone and controller in one place again. Then that is tested. I'll be happy to report if it worked.

Thank you very much for the support of you and the people here in the forum
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

a2k Posted at 11-28 04:36
WOW - Hi dear DJI Tony,
Only in a few days will I have the drone and controller in one place again. Then that is tested. I'll be happy to report if it worked.

You are most welcome. We hope that you'll have a great time with your new DJI Avata. Happy flying!
2022-11-29
Use props
Krazeeeyez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598481 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

a2k Posted at 2022-11-28 04:36
WOW - Hi dear DJI Tony,
Only in a few days will I have the drone and controller in one place again. Then that is tested. I'll be happy to report if it worked.

Hi A2k, may I ask if it worked?
2023-3-30
Use props
Cosmostreamer
lvl.2
  • >>>
Armenia

HDMI out from DJI FPV Goggles2 (and Integra) and DJI Avata or DJI O3 air unit:

2023-4-5
Use props
CarlitoQuerido
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31483763 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-28 03:36
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that a live display on an external monitor without the telemetry showing is possible, and can be changed in the goggles settings. Here are the steps:
[view_image]

Worked
2023-5-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for the confirmation! Glad it worked for you.
2023-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules