Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Street View app is being discontinued, how to add 360 photos?
2423 5 2022-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mzAX1hzqKuyr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 640046 ft
United States

Now that the Street View app is being discontinued, is there a method to upload and adjust the location of 360 photos on Google Maps StreetView?  

I use a DJI Mini2 to take hundreds of 360 photos and then used the IOS app StreetView from
Google to take the photo and place it on the map.  This process was not perfect as the DJI software does not add the GPS location to the 360 photo, even though it knows where each of the individual photos were taken (with both GPS coords in the individual images as well as the flight path), but the process worked.  Based on view counts on my 360 photos, it looks like Google users were enjoying the content I was posting to the map.  

The Google recommendation to use Google maps is garbage as it is more suited for specific known locations/businesses and does not display the 360 photos correctly.  The Google 360 Video tool does not allow photos.  

Is there a google tool I am missing?  
Is there a third-party tool I should look into?  

2022-11-27
Use props
djiuser_qOf8OMtOlTO8
lvl.1

Australia

I'm new to DJI having got a Mini 3 Pro last month and still learning. I couldn't fine the iOS version of StreetView so resorted to using the Android one with my cars head unit. And yes I can upload the JPG files, comes up with the no GPS error, but it works. I've tried uploading MP4s (Which I made using PhotoShop) to the Street View Studio but it simply doesn't work at all.
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_mzAX1hzqKuyr
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_qOf8OMtOlTO8 Posted at 1-13 23:09
I'm new to DJI having got a Mini 3 Pro last month and still learning. I couldn't fine the iOS version of StreetView so resorted to using the Android one with my cars head unit. And yes I can upload the JPG files, comes up with the no GPS error, but it works. I've tried uploading MP4s (Which I made using PhotoShop) to the Street View Studio but it simply doesn't work at all.

I believe the IOS app has been pulled from the app store already.  The functionality in the app is already starting to break as it is  not getting updates.  

Hopefully some of the UL2GSV toolset works. I am currently trying to find a workflow with the jpg2vid tool, but unsure if it will work the same way as the streetview app did.
2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_8Ua5ACLap3QB
New
Flight distance : 303730 ft
Netherlands

Did you find a solution for this?
2023-6-28
Use props
DJIPilotRookie
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_8Ua5ACLap3QB Posted at 6-28 09:03
Did you find a solution for this?

Hello!  I did find a solution.  The API to Google Maps still allows image uploads.  I am not a programmer, thankfully the guy who makes UL2GSV is an awesome dude and worked up a tool to upload the images.  it looks like he has announced it (jpg2GSV) on his facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/611098829065834/user/100002400062984/
2023-6-28
Use props
DJIPilotRookie
lvl.1
United States

Also - My process has changed somewhat for the DJI 360 photos...here is a breif overview -
1. capture the 360 photo with the drone
2. transfer to my PC.
3. Stitch the 360's with Hugin script. my process - https://github.com/RookieITSec/HuginPanoScript
4. Upload to google with JPG2GSV.  

I need to do the stitching on the PC because it:
1. creates an output at far higher quality than the drone's stitching.
2. My process for stitching includes the GPS coords in the metadata and the drone does not.  

2023-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules