Subject: Control 2 drones with 1 controller
540 6 2022-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomAir9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314144 ft
United States

I have an Air 2 and an Air 2S using a RC-N1 controller and Fly App ver 1.8.0.
When switching between the two drones a controller firmware update is required.
The Air 2 requires version 01.01.0064 and the Air 2S requires Version 04.12.0060.
The time to switch is between 1 and 2 minutes.
Is this a problem that can be fixed?

2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Though the DJI Air 2s and DJI Mavic Air 2 use the same remote controller, their corresponding compatible firmware is not the same version. When switching to another model, it will detect the corresponding model again, If the firmware version does not match, an update prompt will appear. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-27
Use props
TomAir9
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for your reply, but...
Your response works very well using my my "Smart Controller" and the switch happens automatically and very
quickly (within a few seconds).  My Smart Controller runs Fly App 1.7.0 and controller ver 01.01.64.
However, when using the RC-N1 controller and a 8in Tripltek tablet with Fly App 1.8.0, a switch between an "Air 2"
and an Air 2S, takes several minutes.  A long time.
The RC-N1 is switching between versions 01.01.0064 and 04.12.0060.  It appears to be downloading and installing
these versions on every switch.  To repeat, the Smart Controller does the switch seamlessly.
Am I doing something wrong?  I realize that App ver 1.7.0 on the Smart Controller is not the latest version
but it is working well.
2022-11-28
Use props
TomAir9
lvl.2
United States

Your response works very well using my my "Smart Controller" and the switch happens automatically and very quickly (within a few seconds).  My Smart Controller runs Fly App 1.7.0 and controller ver 01.01.64.
However, when using the RC-N1 controller and a 8in Tripltek tablet with Fly App 1.8.0, a switch between an "Air 2" and an Air 2S, takes several minutes.  A long time.
The RC-N1 is switching between versions 01.01.0064 and 04.12.0060.  It appears to be downloading and installing these versions on every switch.  To repeat, the Smart Controller does the switch seamlessly.
Am I doing something wrong?  I realize that App ver 1.7.0 on the Smart Controller is not the latest version but it is working well.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TomAir9 Posted at 11-28 12:07
Your response works very well using my my "Smart Controller" and the switch happens automatically and very quickly (within a few seconds).  My Smart Controller runs Fly App 1.7.0 and controller ver 01.01.64.
However, when using the RC-N1 controller and a 8in Tripltek tablet with Fly App 1.8.0, a switch between an "Air 2" and an Air 2S, takes several minutes.  A long time.

May I double confirm if the RC-N1 needs to download the firmware every time you switch the drone model? Please also tell us the model of your phone. The switching time may also relate to the mobile device. If possible, please test with another phone to see if it still takes several minutes. For example, switch an Android device to an iOS device.
2022-11-28
Use props
TomAir9
lvl.2
United States

I am using a Tripltek tablet.  The time is less than 2 minutes.  Since the software version of the RC-N1 controller is changing, I have assumed that is was downloaded.  It may not be downloading since that would that longer than 2 minutes.  My concern is that frequent switching of the software may corrupt the controller.  Also, the time to switch is annoying.  Thank you for your reply.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TomAir9 Posted at 11-29 10:04
I am using a Tripltek tablet.  The time is less than 2 minutes.  Since the software version of the RC-N1 controller is changing, I have assumed that is was downloaded.  It may not be downloading since that would that longer than 2 minutes.  My concern is that frequent switching of the software may corrupt the controller.  Also, the time to switch is annoying.  Thank you for your reply.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Strictly speaking, it does not belong to redownloading the firmware but a process to switch and install the different firmware. RC-N1 supports more models than Smart Controller. Therefore, there maybe some differences when it comes to model switches. Please do not be concerned. You may use the RC-N1 normally.
2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules