{Avata} Goggles 2 slow write speed error?
3170 23 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
baymax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133353 ft
Taiwan

Hey guys,

I encountered an issue on the Goggles 2 saying that the write speed is slow so recording has stopped on the goggles. The recording still continues on the drone itself.

I am using the same SD on both the Avata and Goggles 2 and it's the Sandisk Extreme 128GB (they're real in case you're wondering). I did a full format prior to using them.

Though I haven't formatted it again since I started using the Avata over a month ago. Is that the problem?

I was told by Support that I should format and try again.

Has anybody else had this issue? If so, what was your fix?
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, baymax. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for any inconvenience caused. SD card writing speed is related to the current number of files stored on the SD card and how it is used by the user. If the number of files is large, the writing speed will generally be slow. If the user, for example, occasionally deletes the files in the middle of the SD card this will lead to more file system fragmentation on the SD card, so the SD card writing speed will slow down. We highly recommend that you format the SD card using a computer and check if the issue remains. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-28
Use props
baymax
lvl.2
Japan

Hey Tony,

Thanks for your response.
You specifically said to format the SD card using the computer. Is there a reason for this? Or would formatting within the Goggles 2 do the same?  I formatted the SD cards on the Goggles 2, Avata as well as the internal storage. Let's hope this fixes it.

FYI, my Goggles 2 storage was only 8 of 128GB full. I don't / haven't deleted files.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

baymax Posted at 11-28 03:30
Hey Tony,

Thanks for your response.

Hello, baymax. Apologies for the delayed response. By the way, to answer your question, you may format the SD card through the Goggles 2. If the same error remains, you may then consider doing it on a computer. We will be waiting for your feedback. Have a nice day!
2022-12-2
Use props
baymax
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 03:56
Hello, baymax. Apologies for the delayed response. By the way, to answer your question, you may format the SD card through the Goggles 2. If the same error remains, you may then consider doing it on a computer. We will be waiting for your feedback. Have a nice day!

Hi Tony,
Formatted the SD card however the error still persists. Not every single time but it will appear and stop recording when I most needed it to work.

Now, I've swapped the card with the Avata. Will report back if this doesn't do it either.
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_zzksDeg8jWfZ
lvl.2
United States

I started having this problem as well. Same setup
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

baymax Posted at 12-4 07:11
Hi Tony,
Formatted the SD card however the error still persists. Not every single time but it will appear and stop recording when I most needed it to work.

Hi there. Thanks for the update, and we're sorry that the issue persists. You may consider formatting using a computer then. Kindly keep us updated on your tests. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Keep safe.
2022-12-4
Use props
Dudez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230180 ft
Australia

I had the same issue today but mine was worse!!

The goggle 2 screen froze while the avata was in the air! likely it wasn't too far away from me so I took my goggle off and landed it line of sight. I was so lucky because a minute before the screen froze I was about couple of hundreds meters away.

I record the flight to both sd cards, goggles and drone. I saw the message "SD card read right speed low" on the screen but I kept flying and I saw the recording timer stopped counting but the red light kept blinking.
couple of minutes later the goggle screen froze and It's still frozen after I landed line of site and about a minute later, after I stopped the motor, the screen unfroze.
Not a nice experience to have the screen froze when your avata is in the air!

I am worry if this will happen again.

The SD cards i use are Samsung evo and was purchased together with the DJI gear from a DJI dealer.

DJI, have you heard this issue before?

How do I get my trust back when flying and recording to goggles?

2022-12-19
Use props
baymax
lvl.2
Taiwan

Dudez Posted at 12-19 02:19
I had the same issue today but mine was worse!!

The goggle 2 screen froze while the avata was in the air! likely it wasn't too far away from me so I took my goggle off and landed it line of sight. I was so lucky because a minute before the screen froze I was about couple of hundreds meters away.

That is strange.

I should mention I did have the Goggles 2 freeze on me while on the DJI Virtual Flight but that only happened once.

However, I encountered the write/read slow speed errors more than once and even swapped the Avata card with the Goggles (also a Sandisk Extreme 128G) to no avail.

I crashed my Avata recently and sent it back with the Goggles (informed them of the errors that I encountered). After numerous back and forth, they informed me it was fixed. They didn't tell me what the problem was and when I got my Avata and Goggles back, I then realized I received a brand new Goggles 2 last week.

I haven't been able to test it yet since the weather hasn't been the best but I will report back if the issue persists.

So what I recommend is to send it back with your SD card and have them run some tests.
2022-12-19
Use props
fans147b0783
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-28 03:19
Hi, baymax. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for any inconvenience caused. SD card writing speed is related to the current number of files stored on the SD card and how it is used by the user. If the number of files is large, the writing speed will generally be slow. If the user, for example, occasionally deletes the files in the middle of the SD card this will lead to more file system fragmentation on the SD card, so the SD card writing speed will slow down. We highly recommend that you format the SD card using a computer and check if the issue remains. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.

Also do not watch videos from SD card on you computer directly. For example QuickTime might try to change the file or directory structure too. Copy fresh videos from SD card using file explorer to the computer eject card and then watch the copy. This helped me all the way back to original Air Unit.
2022-12-19
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem, brand new Sandisk Extreme 128G, I had a not a frozen but a black out screen twice before....
2022-12-19
Use props
Dudez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230180 ft
Australia

I have reformatted the SD card on PC to exFat.
I will do more fly with the same SD and see if it happens again.
If the issue persist, I might stop recording on the goggles and return to DJI after the holidays.
2022-12-20
Use props
uavpilot12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130666 ft

Canada

Same problem here, same card. Stops recording sometimes, only on goggles 2.
2022-12-25
Use props
senlex
lvl.1
Czechia

I have same problem  - SD card Samsung 128GB Pro plus. Stop recording after aprox. 15s.  Goggles 2 saying that the write speed is slow so recording has stopped ...
2022-12-29
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

This problem came out of the blue for me as well.  I'm using the Samsung Pro Plus as well.   I have a V60 card as well I can try, if the same error is produced, then something is wrong obviously.
2022-12-29
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same problem and it's getting annoying. I've tried a couple different SD cards both brand new having the same issue. Stops recording after about 10 seconds and gives you the error. Is there a fix on the horizon?
2023-1-4
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any fix for that DJI?

Just format the SD card on PC did not help, also I have replaced the SD cards with new SD cards (purchased from DJI) and still have the annoying error and not recording on Goggles 2 only on aircraft, the weird thing is....out of blue sometimes it works, but most of the time the error comes on after 6~7 seconds from recording starts, also hard to read the error message because does not stay long enough at screen, it is a split second....and does not show in the 6~7 seconds playback because the Goggles stop recording just before the error message
2023-1-4
Use props
baymax
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-4 22:59
Hi there. Thanks for the update, and we're sorry that the issue persists. You may consider formatting using a computer then. Kindly keep us updated on your tests. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Keep safe.

Hi Tony,

Would really appreciate it if you could have this looked into. Looks like there are more and more people facing the same problem and we still don't have a fix yet.
2023-1-5
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just wonder why all kinds of bugs (software and hardware) in the Avata system, not fun flying afraid that the propellers will break, the very uncomfortable goggles will go dark, or it will tumble.... lately I am getting more fun with a $40 indoor drone
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

baymax Posted at 1-5 00:27
Hi Tony,

Would really appreciate it if you could have this looked into. Looks like there are more and more people facing the same problem and we still don't have a fix yet.

Hi, baymax. Apologies for the late response. We are sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your drone. We're glad to know that it has been repaired and you were given new goggles. By the way, regarding the "Slow Write Speed" error, we will help you further investigate. As soon as we receive feedback, we'll let you know. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HDPS Posted at 1-4 19:34
Any fix for that DJI?

Just format the SD card on PC did not help, also I have replaced the SD cards with new SD cards (purchased from DJI) and still have the annoying error and not recording on Goggles 2 only on aircraft, the weird thing is....out of blue sometimes it works, but most of the time the error comes on after 6~7 seconds from recording starts, also hard to read the error message because does not stay long enough at screen, it is a split second....and does not show in the 6~7 seconds playback because the Goggles stop recording just before the error message

Hi, HDPS. Thank you for notifying us about this concern. And we're sorry that you're going through the same issue. To further isolate this concern, we'd like to kindly ask for the necessary data for the investigation. We sent you a PM. Kindly check and respond at your earliest convenience. Have a nice day!
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_FsOF2Bv5LsT0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 343907 ft
Australia

any update ?

im experiencing the same problem recording to the recommended sd card in my goggles 2. "SLOW" is the message  
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_FsOF2Bv5LsT0 Posted at 11-7 17:08
any update ?

im experiencing the same problem recording to the recommended sd card in my goggles 2. "SLOW" is the message

Hello there. Was this already resolved? Have you already tried formatting the SD card using your computer? Thank you.
2023-11-18
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

DId you buy a fake Sandisk card? Lots of those going around and slow speeds is usually what the result is.
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules