6106 13 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danny B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6102 ft
Romania

Hi all,

I'm a new user of a DJI Mini 2 with no previous experience in flying a drone. After I've had some issues with connecting my phone to RC, I thought I solved it by swapping the USB-C connector upside-down in my phone and it was all ok for my first flight. One week later I tried flying the drone again and I couldn't connect the RC to my phone for a while, after about 1h of trying everything (restart phone, app, RC and drone) it managed to connect somehow, but then I got another problem: I couldn't see anything with the camera, it was all black screen except for the buttons of the app.
I know this was discussed before, but mine is simply not working at all now. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone with Android 8.0.0. nd DJI Fly 1.8.0. Any advice could help.

Thanks!
2022-11-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At a guess you have set the camera to manual settings and are grossly underexposing, I use that combination at times if I don't want imagery visible on the screen but do want telemetry.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Danny B. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the difficulties you've encountered. Aside from the black screen and the icons of the DJI Fly app, is there a specific error message or prompt showing? If possible, kindly share a screenshot of the Camera View for further analysis. You may also perform these troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure the connection between the mobile phone device and the remote controller and between the drone and the remote controller has been successfully connected, and relink the aircraft to the remote controller.
2. If a microSD card is mounted, try removing it, rebooting the device, and reconnecting once again.
3. Without the SD card, refresh the firmware of the drone and remote controller.
Here are the steps to refresh the firmware:
a. Install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to your computer.
b. Once installed, launch the software and connect the drone and the remote controller (one at a time) via a USB cable.
c. After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft/RC, choose "Firmware Update."
d. Refresh or update whichever is available.
e. Restart the devices and then reconnect again.
4. Reset the camera settings. After the reset, check if the photo and video can be shot normally. Let us know the result.
5. Try using another mobile device to cross-test.
Kindly keep us updated. Thanks for your cooperation.
2022-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-28 06:53
At a guess you have set the camera to manual settings and are grossly underexposing, I use that combination at times if I don't want imagery visible on the screen but do want telemetry.

I agree, I have done this more than a few times. It takes a few seconds for it to sink in.
2022-11-28
Use props
Danny B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6102 ft
Romania

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-28 06:53
At a guess you have set the camera to manual settings and are grossly underexposing, I use that combination at times if I don't want imagery visible on the screen but do want telemetry.

I went to those settings as well, but it wasn't set on manual. I set it up on manual to see if there's any difference, but still nothing, so I put it back as it was. I tried again last night, but the RC didn't connect to my phone so I let it go till I'll do more investigations. Thanks for your solution anyway.
2022-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you know anyone with a drone that uses the same style of controller? If so could you ask them if they will let you try their USB-C to USB-C cable and, if that doesn't work, their controller.
Alternatively do you know someone with a USB-C phone/tablet/tablet that is compatible and would allow you to instal the app on their phone?
If that doesn't work, someone with any sort of compatible phone/tablet for which you have the appropriate cable, you should have cables for micro USB and Apple devices. Or do you have another USB-C to USB-C cable? I do not know if the controller needs a special type of USB-C plug in its socket i.e. an OTG plug, nor do I know if USB-C to USB-C cables come in "charge only " so you would need to investigate that yourself.
2022-11-29
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

This is probably really obvious, but it has still caught me out once or twice after almost a year of flying the Mini 2....

Are you sure you are plugging into the correct USB-C socket in the top of the controller?

The short USB-C cable is stored in the to of the controller and only one of the two holes is actually a USB-C socket - the other home is just a storage hole.
2022-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 11-29 15:18
This is probably really obvious, but it has still caught me out once or twice after almost a year of flying the Mini 2....

Are you sure you are plugging into the correct USB-C socket in the top of the controller?

Good point, I had taken " it was all black screen except for the buttons of the app. " to mean he was getting telemetry which would mean there was a connection but 'no' video. A homer moment.

Incidentally, intially I readied the controller for connection to the phone by pulling the antennae out and then 'fishing' for the phone's connector, I invariably found it difficult to fish the phone's connector out of its storage location so came up with another way of readying the controller.
With the controller the correct way up and the antennae facing away from me, I put the thumb of my left hand just inboard of the left-hand bump on the antennae and hook the nail of my left hand forefinger under the ridge of the phone connector, pulling the antennae out then also pulls the phone connecter out of its storage hole, problem of using the wrong end of the cable solved and it's a very easy way of fishing the phone plug out.
2022-11-29
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-29 21:26
Good point, I had taken " it was all black screen except for the buttons of the app. " to mean he was getting telemetry which would mean there was a connection but 'no' video. A homer moment.

Yeah, I was wondering if there are two issues here.

The buttons 9vwr black screen one is odd, but the phone not connecting to the controller could be the 'wromh hole' thing... Possibly...

And I agree that getting that cable out can be a bit fiddly...it's all very neat when packed away, but I can't help thinking that putting the two ends so close together just makes it more awkward.
2022-11-29
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I NEVER stow my cable end in the storage place. The cable is left free wrapped round the stalks and doesn't take up much room when Antennae are pushed back in.
2022-11-30
Use props
Ssayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629482 ft
United States

I have a 2 Pistol case (that has foam inserts of course) that I set up to hold everything. With it, I'm able to leave my tablet attached to the transmitter and set it as is, in there for storage and travel. The only time I even disconnect the cable (and that's at the tablet side) is when I need to charge the tablet.
2022-11-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 11-30 03:24
I NEVER stow my cable end in the storage place. The cable is left free wrapped round the stalks and doesn't take up much room when Antennae are pushed back in.

I always stow my cable as very soon after getting the Mini 2 I managed to trap the cable in the antenna/phone holder assembly and the whole thing was jammed!

Maybe I just need to be more careful packing things away.
2022-12-1
Use props
djiuser_HuGiduic9s29
New

Montenegro

No Original Thought Posted at 2022-12-1 14:17
I always stow my cable as very soon after getting the Mini 2 I managed to trap the cable in the antenna/phone holder assembly and the whole thing was jammed!

Maybe I just need to be more careful packing things away.

Hello! I haven't used the drone for a long time (more than a year) I tried to connect via Dji Fly today but the app didn't work.  I deleted it and installed it again, but I have the same problem as the others.  What happens?  I think the problem is in the software.
2023-5-6
Use props
Greenman4108
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232720 ft
United States

djiuser_HuGiduic9s29 Posted at 5-6 15:25
Hello! I haven't used the drone for a long time (more than a year) I tried to connect via Dji Fly today but the app didn't work.  I deleted it and installed it again, but I have the same problem as the others.  What happens?  I think the problem is in the software.
[view_image]

is anything visibly damaged on the drone?
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules