12Next >
15097 42 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lluunnoo
lvl.3
Belgium

Dear all,
I have been using my mini 3 for 3 days (very carefully, safe flights and landings) but since today I am getting an error message on my remote at startup. It says 'Possible gimbal attitude error. Go to Settings to calibrate gimbal. Code 40027'. I have been calibrating both the remote control and the drone but the error keeps coming back.
Any similar experiences and if so, any way to get rid of this message? Thanks a lot!
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, lluunnoo. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we confirm if you are using the DJI Fly app? If yes, please confirm the current app version of it. Additionally, ensure that the firmware version of the drone and the remote controller is the latest. You may update or refresh it through the steps below:
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) through this link.
2. Power the drone and connect it to the computer with a USB cable.
3. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). After the DJI Assistant 2 identifies the drone/remote controller, click the connected device name icon.
3. Select "Firmware Update" from the left-hand side and choose the option to "Update" or "Refresh" whichever is available.
After the aircraft/remote controller is updated/refreshed, please restart it and check if the issue remains. You may also calibrate the gimbal. If it remains, kindly provide us with a video showing the operation and the error.
Kindly keep us updated. Thanks for your cooperation.
2022-11-29
Use props
lluunnoo
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 11-29 01:03
Hi, lluunnoo. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we confirm if you are using the DJI Fly app? If yes, please confirm the current app version of it. Additionally, ensure that the firmware version of the drone and the remote controller is the latest. You may update or refresh it through the steps below:
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) through this link.

Morning Tony,
I installed the app on my Mac and connected the drone. Latest installed software version was V01.00.0400 so only Refresh button was available. Nothing happened when I selected it. Then I tried calibrating the gimbal through the app. I tried it a couple of times but each time the process got interrupted because the drone disconnected itself from the USB. I could complete the front, never the bottom calibration process. The next time I connected, I got the message that the firmware was incompatible and I could start up the installation process. But here also, the drone disconnected after completing 87% of the installation. I tried different USB ports of my Mac but all the same. I gave up. I then started up my remote control and the drone and checked the software update option. Latest software installed. Because I still got the error code 40027, I tried the automatic gimbal calibration via the remote control unit. That seems to have worked since I did not get the error message again? I will try the unit outside this afternoon and report back if the issue reappears. I attach a picture of the error message.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

lluunnoo Posted at 11-29 02:54
Morning Tony,
I installed the app on my Mac and connected the drone. Latest installed software version was V01.00.0400 so only Refresh button was available. Nothing happened when I selected it. Then I tried calibrating the gimbal through the app. I tried it a couple of times but each time the process got interrupted because the drone disconnected itself from the USB. I could complete the front, never the bottom calibration process. The next time I connected, I got the message that the firmware was incompatible and I could start up the installation process. But here also, the drone disconnected after completing 87% of the installation. I tried different USB ports of my Mac but all the same. I gave up. I then started up my remote control and the drone and checked the software update option. Latest software installed. Because I still got the error code 40027, I tried the automatic gimbal calibration via the remote control unit. That seems to have worked since I did not get the error message again? I will try the unit outside this afternoon and report back if the issue reappears. I attach a picture of the error message.[view_image]

Hi there. We appreciate your prompt update, and we're glad that the error is no longer showing after the calibration. Please keep us updated in case the error reoccurs. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2022-11-29
Use props
buzzebee
New
New Zealand

Same for me. Refreshed firmware. Inspected gimble. Please help.

2022-12-26
Use props
Jeepers22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421660 ft
Canada

I have the same issue!  Everything is completely up to date. I am using the RC Remote controller.  Where can I find the gimbal calibration on the controller!?  I have looked everywhere!  Thanks!  Referring to this..."I tried the automatic gimbal calibration via the remote control unit."
2023-1-2
Use props
Timinator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had this out of box on Friday.  I calibrated the gimbal and it went away. Have only done about three flights so I am not sure if it will return.
2023-1-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Calibrate the gimbal and compass outside, away from metal and buildings if possible.
2023-1-3
Use props
fans2c8b15c2
lvl.3
Belgium

I tried calibrating via the Remote Control first but that didn't work. I then installed the DJI Assistant software on my Mac, connected the drone and did the calibration via this software. That did the trick. Since then, no more error messages (40027).
2023-1-3
Use props
sagsingh
New

India

I continue to see the same error message (40027) even after calibrating via the remote control and the DJI Assistant Software on MAC. I however have no issues flying the drone (with the error).
Any other ideas to solve the error?
2023-1-26
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Same here on my two mini 3, every time after switching on i have the same proposal to calibrate gimbal! There was no such a problem on firmware before 400! Hey, DJI would you like to do something whit new fw?????????
2023-1-29
Use props
fans0dba1935
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140390 ft
Denmark

Hi guys I fixed this 40027 very easy to made … was in my case probably this same is in yours, I was made just wrong calibration on the first page “safety” you have two types of calibration like deon calibration and IMU or something like this, it’s wrong you need to go to second page “camera” there you’ve got just gimbal calibration and that’s it !! Let me know if it’s working
2023-2-7
Use props
ChrisZ
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Sorry to start this topic again - I have the same issue. I use the standard controller with either iPhone or Android tablet.
It says goto settings and calibrate. Well there is no setting in IOS or Android version. And also no calibrate option under camera page.

All firmware is up to date.

THX!
2023-2-24
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

ChrisZ Posted at 2-24 14:00
Sorry to start this topic again - I have the same issue. I use the standard controller with either iPhone or Android tablet.
It says goto settings and calibrate. Well there is no setting in IOS or Android version. And also no calibrate option under camera page.

Did you press the three dots in the upper right corner of the flight screen?
2023-2-24
Use props
ChrisZ
lvl.1

Austria

Drone.Hunter Posted at 2-24 18:57
Did you press the three dots in the upper right corner of the flight screen?

yes but in the menues there no settings field on IOS app

downloaded the newst Android app right now. there is a new field added center Gimbal  - NOW IT WORKED  :-)
2023-2-25
Use props
Hanna P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65249 ft
United States

fans0dba1935 Posted at 2-7 23:45
Hi guys I fixed this 40027 very easy to made … was in my case probably this same is in yours, I was made just wrong calibration on the first page “safety” you have two types of calibration like deon calibration and IMU or something like this, it’s wrong you need to go to second page “camera” there you’ve got just gimbal calibration and that’s it !! Let me know if it’s working

I'm so glad I saw your message! I had the same error today and spent hours trying to resolve it via Dji Assistant 2 on different screens and pc, and it was just not  working. And then I looked through this forum once again and saw your advice and it was done in 2 minutes, the message is gone, hoping it will never come back
2023-3-5
Use props
ColtonP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29724 ft
United States

Hello,

I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro that started getting the following codes:
Possible gimbal attitude error. Go to Settings to calibrate gimbal (Code: 40027)
Gimbal stuck. Check whether gimbal cover is removed and make sure gimbal can rotate freely on all three axes (Code: 1D10002)

When attempting to recalibrate the gimbal, the process only progresses to 10%, freezes, and then fails. I've also ensured that the gimbal can pivot on all three axes, with no restriction. When restarting the drone, the gimbal rotates, looks up and down, but not left and right and, at the end, the gimbal moves from center to looking down several times before stopping. I've tried the suggestions above, downloading the latest firmware from DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), refreshing the firmware. Does anyone have any suggestions?
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ColtonP Posted at 3-15 15:28
Hello,

I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro that started getting the following codes:

Hi there, may I ask if the drone crashed or had a hard landing before?  Please check whether there is debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. If it still fails to calibrate the gimbal, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-16
Use props
ColtonP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-16 01:36
Hi there, may I ask if the drone crashed or had a hard landing before?  Please check whether there is debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. If it still fails to calibrate the gimbal, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support

Thanks for the advice, Mindy. It's on its way to a DJI Service Facility now. Thanks for putting me on the right track!
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ColtonP Posted at 3-21 09:56
Thanks for the advice, Mindy. It's on its way to a DJI Service Facility now. Thanks for putting me on the right track!

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries about your case, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-24
Use props
Consume12
lvl.1

United States

Hi I have the message of attitude error (Code 40027) on my RC screen. I tried a few things suggested here like re-calibrating the gimbal but it didn't work. Can you please guide me through some trouble shooting please?
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_2uGJZLdfmnCL
lvl.1
United States

Mine says the same thing . I downloaded dji assistant 2 and updated it but no luck . Any suggestions
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Consume12 Posted at 3-27 18:10
Hi I have the message of attitude error (Code 40027) on my RC screen. I tried a few things suggested here like re-calibrating the gimbal but it didn't work. Can you please guide me through some trouble shooting please?

Hi, Consume12. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm if the calibration was successful, but the error remains? Or the calibration fails? We recommend calibrating it multiple times. If the issue remains, we regret to inform you that you may consider sending the drone back for repair. If you need to send the drone back, you may submit an Online Repair Application, or contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for further assistance in submitting the case. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_2uGJZLdfmnCL Posted at 3-28 10:18
Mine says the same thing . I downloaded dji assistant 2 and updated it but no luck . Any suggestions

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? If not yet, please calibrate it and do it multiple times if it fails. Please keep us updated.
2023-3-28
Use props
Bigdog625
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-28 23:14
Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? If not yet, please calibrate it and do it multiple times if it fails. Please keep us updated.
I did try that 3 times with no luck  . I tried calibrating on the remote and also on dji assistant 2
2023-3-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bigdog625 Posted at 3-29 03:06
I did try that 3 times with no luck  . I tried calibrating on the remote and also on dji assistant 2

We're sorry to hear that. We're afraid you may have to send the drone back for further checking. You may submit a repair request at (repair.dji.com) or contact our Customer Support (support.dji.com) for further assistance in submitting the case. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-1
Use props
Bigdog625
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 00:26
We're sorry to hear that. We're afraid you may have to send the drone back for further checking. You may submit a repair request at (repair.dji.com) or contact our Customer Support (support.dji.com) for further assistance in submitting the case. We appreciate your understanding.

So i did a dji care express thing and it says to send my back to them but they didnt give me an adress to send it to. Were do i send it to ? My case # is CAS-12347580-D0B2Q0
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bigdog625 Posted at 4-1 16:06
So i did a dji care express thing and it says to send my back to them but they didnt give me an adress to send it to. Were do i send it to ? My case # is CAS-12347580-D0B2Q0

Thanks for the update. If you already have a case, then the shipping label will be sent to you which includes the receiving address where it should be sent to. If you have not received it, kindly reach out to our Customer Support for further checking. Thank you.
2023-4-1
Use props
ColtonP
lvl.1
United States

Consume12 Posted at 3-27 18:10
Hi I have the message of attitude error (Code 40027) on my RC screen. I tried a few things suggested here like re-calibrating the gimbal but it didn't work. Can you please guide me through some trouble shooting please?

@Consume12 I had the same attitude error code on mine shortly after a rough landing. It thought that the gimbal was stuck, even though it could freely move. When I tried to recalibrate, it would get to 10% and then say "calibration failed". Even the DJI Assistant 2 desktop app didn't help. Eventually, I cracked down and sent it back to DJI Support for repair. About a week later, DJI reached out and said the repair would be free. Another week later, the drone was back in my hand. Now that I have it back, I've installed a propeller guard and a sunshade on the drone to help protect the gimbal should I have another rough landing.
TLDR: You may have to send the drone out to DJI Support to get the drone fixed if you started having the issue after a "rough landing". There are attachments available to help protect the gimbal to serve as training wheels while you get used to piloting the drone.
2023-4-2
Use props
ColtonP
lvl.1
United States

Bigdog625 Posted at 4-1 16:06

@Bigdog625 you can wait for the packaging, if you want. However, when I filed a claim to send my drone off the DJI Support, they emailed me a code for a UPS Shipping label that I could take to the UPS store for them to scan. If you have the same kind of email, I'd recommend using this method because, in the two weeks it took to have my drone back in my hands, I never received the shipping label and box to send back my drone in.
2023-4-2
Use props
djiuser_1r3QtUzdF2Kb
New

United States

I have just got the error for 40027 and I keep recalibrating. Nothing seems to help and I’ve only had my drone for a month and I’ve never crashed it. Please help!!!

Like what do I need to do?
2023-5-5
Use props
Bradley Plimley
New

United Kingdom

Need help mine doing the same
2023-8-18
Use props
I live in Spain but an English speaker.
I have this exact same issue.
- Possible gimbal attitude error 400027
- Gimbal stuck. Check whether the gimbal cover is removed ... Code: 1D010002
Then I had a minor accident. Gimbal parts not affected. Cleaned and no visual effect to the gimbal.- All was still working fine at this point.
Since the accident- Gimbal is intact and no visual harm. All parts move freely and  It was working well still but constantly with this error. Now the gimbal doesn't work at all. Camera works, drone works, just not gimbal.
- Can not calibrate - Auto calibrate does not progress beyond 0% and fails each time..
- At start up the gimbal move to align but incorrectly, that is the only movement possible no other movement has been possible.
- No gimbal control is possible. Can not move camera up or down or any other direction.
- I tried to install the DJI Assistant 2 v2.1.19 on 2 different Mac's new and old (From UK site as I don't speak Spanish and Spanish version of the software was much lower in version).
- Even though the software is correctly configured and restarted, does not detect the drone on either Macs.
- DJI Fly app shows no Firmware updates.

Please let me know if I should open a case and what is required to have it repaired as soon as possible.
Thanks

2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cem@watsonproduction.com Posted at 8-23 05:55
I live in Spain but an English speaker.
I have this exact same issue.
- Possible gimbal attitude error 400027

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Did the issue start right after the accident? And was the accident a hard landing or crash? If so, we suggest sending the drone for repair. You can use the following link to submit a repair request or contact the DJI support team for assistance: https://www.dji.com/global/support
Keep us posted for further inquiries. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-24
Use props
Badar Saif Alhabsi
lvl.1

Oman

Hi Tony
I am writing to inform you about an issue I am currently facing with my Mavic 3 Classic. The camera is displaying a black screen, and I am unable to resolve the problem on my own. Could you please assist me in resolving this matter?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.
IMG_3450.jpeg
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Badar Saif Alhabsi Posted at 9-14 12:00
Hi Tony
I am writing to inform you about an issue I am currently facing with my Mavic 3 Classic. The camera is displaying a black screen, and I am unable to resolve the problem on my own. Could you please assist me in resolving this matter?

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're deeply sorry to know that you are experiencing issues with your unit. Based on the image that you posted it seems that you are having issues with the error code 180059, please note that the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please feel free to use them. In addition, can you please confirm if the unit experienced a hard landing? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_OnGGGasGPfEW
lvl.1

United States

buzzebee Posted at 2022-12-26 14:27
Same for me. Refreshed firmware. Inspected gimble. Please help.
[view_image]
[view_image]

I have the same issue!!
2023-11-24
Use props
djiuser_OnGGGasGPfEW
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-29 01:03
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) through this link.

I am having this same issue after a bouncy landing. Seemed to glitch before it landed.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_OnGGGasGPfEW Posted at 11-24 19:14
I am having this same issue after a bouncy landing. Seemed to glitch before it landed.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate event. Considering that the incident triggers the error code, we recommend sending your aircraft for proper inspection and repair. If you wish to get the aircraft in service, you may use this link: repair.dji.com Thank you for your support.
2023-11-25
Use props
GRID AGENCIA
lvl.1

Brazil

I have the same problem, I updated according to the tutorial. But my problem was not resolved. Does anyone have any other solution?
2-8 06:13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules