Altitude unlock
4535 13 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I plan to go to the reserve, where the height of the mountains is 1 km. For how long can I get an altitude unlock for a region?
2022-11-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drone can fly up to 500 meter high from take-off point.
2022-11-28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

JJB* Posted at 11-28 10:00
Drone can fly up to 500 meter high from take-off point.

You can get official permission to exceed this height for the selected area.
2022-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Altitude is determined from takeoff point, regardless of altitude. If your takeoff point is at 1km, you can go 120 meters above that. Legally.
2022-11-28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list

What documents are required to unlock the height?
2022-11-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think that you will find that there are NO permissions applicable to 'unlocking' the 500m ceiling, it is not something based on a legal limit, it something that DJI have 'imposed'. You might also find that the only way to get around it is to hack the drone's firmware with something like "drone-hacks" and current firmware may prevent that.
2022-11-28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-28 17:13
I think that you will find that there are NO permissions applicable to 'unlocking' the 500m ceiling, it is not something based on a legal limit, it something that DJI have 'imposed'. You might also find that the only way to get around it is to hack the drone's firmware with something like "drone-hacks" and current firmware may prevent that.

I know that some of our pilots received this official permission.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Drone.Hunter. Thanks for reaching out. We highly recommend that you get in touch with our FlySafe team directly regarding your request. You may email them at (flysafe@dji.com). Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 11-28 17:37
I know that some of our pilots received this official permission.

Hmmm, an interesting 'response' to this post from DJI i.e. post 9, let us know how it turns out?
2022-11-29
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-3 10:01
Not the easiest solution but you can pickup any model Phantom 3, or an original Mavic Pro, & fully unlock the altitude restriction.

I'm trying to get it officially. I study the legislation, taking into account the weight of 250g.
2022-12-3
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-3 10:01
Not the easiest solution but you can pickup any model Phantom 3, or an original Mavic Pro, & fully unlock the altitude restriction.

Also the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic 2 series can be unlocked with a license from drone-hacks.com

And for those who wonder, it is not illegal to remove the drone's altitude restriction.
2022-12-3
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-3 12:23
I know the Phantom 4 can be unlocked.  I thought the Mavic 2 was still unable to have the altitude, or maybe it was the NFZ, unlocked?

Drone-Hacks can remove Geofencing (NFZ), Altitude restriction and enable FCC in CE-countries, on both the M2 Zoom and Pro. Hacking NFZ and altitude is legal, but flying with stronger signal (FCC) might not be allowed in some countries.
The good thing with drone-hacks is that you can choose to remove NFZ and Altitude, but still keep the signal in CE-mode if you wish, to keep the drone legal.
2022-12-3
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know, only a couple of the enterprise drones can have the 500m limit lifted. I have enquired about this before with the M2EA drone and was told this isn't a possibility due to the restrictions being set at the firmware level, which can't be unlocked unless DJI give you a custom FW.

Flysafe can authorise zones to allow a drone to exceed the 500m limit, but the Mavic series just won't be permitted. Furthermore, the flysafe team will want a good reason for this, much like approving flights in restricted areas.

Easy answer to this. Climb up 500m and then you can reach the summit, you get the bonus of exercise out of it too...!
2022-12-4
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

CloudVisual Posted at 12-4 13:35
As far as I know, only a couple of the enterprise drones can have the 500m limit lifted. I have enquired about this before with the M2EA drone and was told this isn't a possibility due to the restrictions being set at the firmware level, which can't be unlocked unless DJI give you a custom FW.

Flysafe can authorise zones to allow a drone to exceed the 500m limit, but the Mavic series just won't be permitted. Furthermore, the flysafe team will want a good reason for this, much like approving flights in restricted areas.

The M2EA (and the other Mavic2 drones) can be permanently altitude unlocked with a license from DH.
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules