Must Have Options / fixes in Next Firmware
860 12 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Let me start a list, others can add. I love this drone - but there are some glaringly obvious options they need to add. (Photographer here so video guys, I am sorry).

1. RAW only option. I honestly do not ever shoot in jpg, so can we stop cluttering my HDD with them, also, it might reduce lag slightly when imaging. Easy to implement in the menu like in any other camera.
2. This is a biggy. Can you do what most software companies do, and stop resetting every setting every time you release a firmware update. You release FW constantly (nice) but it means I have been caught shooting in JPG on the next outing until I realised! Come on man, talk about grinding my gears...
3. Video guys seem to get all the fun sometimes, but where are the RAW histograms. No, what we see isn't a raw histogram, it is based off a JPG, which mean's it does not truly show when data is clipping. For a small sensor camera, this would be really helpful for ETTR alongside bracketing.
4. File names! As far as I aware we cannot put our own file name prefix. Any other camera allows you to customize the first three digits. Ie rather than 'DJI' we can change it to anything. It means when we reach 9999 we can stop file name conflicts. Also, the system just now seems to mean that every time you format the card it starts at 1 again, rather than continuing. This is eternally stupid. Please fix this.

5. The FW fixes so far have been solid but keep at it. Fix the four above at least. Please hurry and add tripod mode. Cine is still too fast. (Thank you Mr Bloom).

Lastly, my drone was away getting fixed 3 weeks ago as has lens fogging. It came back fixed (of that issue at least) but then it returned to me with a new issue - a really loud buzzing on startup, that does not go with calibration. So it is away again! Missing the drone but hoping they will fix it this time. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7kUEWBtp-dM

Lastly, release the big battery to the UK and European market already! Yes it puts it over the weight class, but we just use it with different rules. Come on DJI, be cool...

2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap.
And we will pay attention to your case as well.
Thank you for your support again.
2022-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestions!
2022-11-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks, I added one...
2022-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

primeshooter Posted at 11-29 12:20
Thanks, I added one...

Nice, now just hope they listen!
2022-11-29
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I second that, especially the naming convention. Imagine you have multiple DJI devices and all are named DJI_. It always causes issues when copying from multiple devices used to record on the same event to the same target folder.
2022-11-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Cruise Control, Tripod Mode, Waypoints, Not resetting file numbers back to zero after formatting card.
An option for Virtual Home Point being displayed on the screen like the Avata.

2022-11-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOP wrote:
I second that, especially the naming convention. Imagine you have multiple DJI devices and all are named DJI_. It always causes issues when copying from multiple devices used to record on the same event to the same target folder.

2022-11-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 17:42
Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap.

Please see my 5 requests that should be in this drone.
2022-11-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-29 13:55
[view_image]
Of course but still can be problematic. Best to have the option to change prefix.
2022-11-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

primeshooter Posted at 11-29 14:59
Of course but still can be problematic. Best to have the option to change prefix.

i can agree with that.  you should be able to name them dj1_ or dj2_ or dj3_ etc.
2022-11-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-29 16:32
i can agree with that.  you should be able to name them dj1_ or dj2_ or dj3_ etc.

Also stop them resetting to 0 every time you format. Option should be there to "continue file number sequence". This is an option on most cameras, and also most can change the prefix to anything you wish.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

primeshooter Posted at 11-29 14:58
Please see my 5 requests that should be in this drone.

Thank you for your update.
We have forwarded these requests to the relevant team for further checking.
2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules