Selling Mini 2/unbinding to my profile
1196 10 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philmade
lvl.1

United States

I had a Mini 2 that I crashed in Aug. I had DJI Care and submitted a claim, paid the fee and they sent a new Mini 2, shrink wrapped & unopened. I decided to buy the Mini 3 Pro and just sell the replacement Mini 2 unopened, along with the Fly More kit. I am now ready to sell it. My question: do I need to unbind the Mini 2 from my account in any way before I sell it? I went into my DJI Fly App and I only see the Mini 3 Pro listed under devices... maybe DJI already removed the old/crashed Mini 2 from my profile? I just want the buyer to have a clean experience in opening/registering & using the MIni 2. Any help appreciated, Thx.
2022-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

My recent experience with Care Refresh, DJI does everything to the new drone except link it to the controller. With mine, they removed the old one from my account, bound it to the controller, and activated the new one. You will need to check if the new one is in your profile. If it is, you need to remove it. Care Refresh stays with the drone, not the owner/controller.
2022-11-28
Use props
philmade
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-28 17:22
My recent experience with Care Refresh, DJI does everything to the new drone except link it to the controller. With mine, they removed the old one from my account, bound it to the controller, and activated the new one. You will need to check if the new one is in your profile. If it is, you need to remove it. Care Refresh stays with the drone, not the owner/controller.

The old Mini 2 is no longer listed in My Devices in DJI Fly, so apparently they did delete the old one and haven't added the new one yet. So it seems clear to sell. Appreciate your help.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, philmade. Thanks for reaching out, and we appreciate your proactiveness in ensuring the drone is cleared before selling it. Checking the serial number of the replacement drone shows that it is not bound to your account or any other account. Therefore, the new owner may add it to their account and use it freely. Also, we hope that you have a great time flying your new Mini 3 Pro. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2022-11-28
Use props
philmade
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-28 22:36
Hi, philmade. Thanks for reaching out, and we appreciate your proactiveness in ensuring the drone is cleared before selling it. Checking the serial number of the replacement drone shows that it is not bound to your account or any other account. Therefore, the new owner may add it to their account and use it freely. Also, we hope that you have a great time flying your new Mini 3 Pro. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!

Tony, the replacement drone is still sealed/unopened, so I do not have the serial number. I was told by DJI support it is new and not refurbished. How do I check that? I have looked in DJI Fly under profile/devices and it only shows the new Mini 3 Pro, neither my old Mini 2 or the replacement Mini 2 are listed. Is there another place I should check to be sure?  Thanks
2022-11-29
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

philmade Posted at 11-29 09:55
Tony, the replacement drone is still sealed/unopened, so I do not have the serial number. I was told by DJI support it is new and not refurbished. How do I check that? I have looked in DJI Fly under profile/devices and it only shows the new Mini 3 Pro, neither my old Mini 2 or the replacement Mini 2 are listed. Is there another place I should check to be sure?  Thanks

Hi, the serial number is on the box.
2022-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Robert20 Posted at 11-29 13:17
Hi, the serial number is on the box.

but is it the correct serial number? With some drones there is the serial number on stickers  PLUS a serial number associated with a''flight controller'' in the drone, I can never remember which is supposed to be used.
2022-11-29
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-29 13:20
but is it the correct serial number? With some drones there is the serial number on stickers  PLUS a serial number associated with a''flight controller'' in the drone, I can never remember which is supposed to be used.

I just received a replacement one. S/N on the box was similar to the aircraft. After binding with the Fly app  exactly same S/N. Why any doubts?
2022-11-29
Use props
philmade
lvl.1

United States

Robert20 Posted at 11-29 13:31
I just received a replacement one. S/N on the box was similar to the aircraft. After binding with the Fly app  exactly same S/N. Why any doubts?

Thanks, I have the S/N from the box. Again, it is not listed on my DJI Go under my profile > Device Management. Is there anywhere else I need to check if its attached to me, or is that the only place? Thx
2022-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Robert20 Posted at 11-29 13:31
I just received a replacement one. S/N on the box was similar to the aircraft. After binding with the Fly app  exactly same S/N. Why any doubts?

why any doubts? A memory, possibly flawed.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

philmade Posted at 11-29 09:55
Tony, the replacement drone is still sealed/unopened, so I do not have the serial number. I was told by DJI support it is new and not refurbished. How do I check that? I have looked in DJI Fly under profile/devices and it only shows the new Mini 3 Pro, neither my old Mini 2 or the replacement Mini 2 are listed. Is there another place I should check to be sure?  Thanks

Hi there. Thanks for your response. As Robert20 mentioned in the comment above, the serial number is listed on the box itself, and we're glad you were able to find it. And it is not showing on your app since it's not bound to your account yet as this is a replacement. If you need to further verify, kindly send us a PM so we may provide you with more details about it. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules