6228 8 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zH04schWNVfJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1275965 ft
Canada

Hello,

I have a new Mini 3 that has never crashed that sometimes has an ESC error when powered on. It sometimes happens when powered first powered on after 15 mins of non-use but works fine after a second restart and flies fine. I heard that an SD card could have something to do with it but I'm not sure. I use a SanDisk 128 GB Extreme SD card. Can anybody give me some insight on why this might happen and if the aircraft is airworthy?
Thanks

2022-11-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you feel any roughness or significantly differing resistances when turning the motors with your fingers? Pay attention to what you feel and turn the motors slowly.
I might be inclined to give the motors a 'suck' using the nozzle of a running vaccum cleaner.

Switch off syncing of your flight logs to DJI and, if the problem persists do a google for how to access your drones flight logs or look at the instructions on https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and copy the logs, both .txt. and .DAT (if you can find the .DATs) to a computer (keep the back ups up to date). Then contact DJI with regards to a warranty claim. DJI may want copies of the logs and having them backed up to computer may make uploading them easier.

2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. You may take Sean-bumble-bee's advice about the motors. Also, please check whether the propellers are properly mounted and whether the motors are functioning well. Moreover, since the issue appears to be intermittent, we suggest refreshing your firmware.
Here's how to refresh the drone's firmware:
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) through this link.
2. Power the drone and connect it to the computer with a USB cable.
3. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). After the DJI Assistant 2 identifies the DJI RC remote controller, click the connected device name icon.
3. Select "Firmware Update" from the left-hand side and choose the option to "Update" or "Refresh" whichever is available.
After the aircraft is refreshed, please restart it and check if the issue remains. Kindly keep us updated. Thanks for your cooperation.
2022-11-28
Use props
djiuser_zH04schWNVfJ
lvl.1
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-28 15:37
Do you feel any roughness or significantly differing resistances when turning the motors with your fingers? Pay attention to what you feel and turn the motors slowly.
I might be inclined to give the motors a 'suck' using the nozzle of a running vaccum cleaner.

After further inspection, I didn't find any particles or resistance in the motors. But I will be downloading flight logs from now on. Thanks for the suggestion!
2022-11-29
Use props
djiuser_zH04schWNVfJ
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 11-28 22:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. You may take Sean-bumble-bee's advice about the motors. Also, please check whether the propellers are properly mounted and whether the motors are functioning well. Moreover, since the issue appears to be intermittent, we suggest refreshing your firmware.
Here's how to refresh the drone's firmware:
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) through this link.

After Refreshing the software on my mini 3, it seems like the issue has gone away. I truly appreciate your help with my issue. Thank you!
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_zH04schWNVfJ Posted at 11-29 15:43
After Refreshing the software on my mini 3, it seems like the issue has gone away. I truly appreciate your help with my issue. Thank you!

Hi there. Thanks for the update, and we're pleased to hear the good news. And you're most welcome. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2022-11-29
Use props
Mukesh944
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18714 ft
Thailand

Hi Everyone,
I have a DJI Mini 3 pro which shows ESC error.
The last time I was flying there were no issues and this happened 15days ago.
And now when I try to turn it ON, it throws me ESC error.Have tried restarting the drone multiple times. Have checked the propellers and they look fine and no particles in it as well.
Have tried Firmware upgrades.
But nothing helped.

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_KViidplCNJ6b
lvl.1
Romania

Mukesh944 Posted at 1-15 05:01
Hi Everyone,
I have a DJI Mini 3 pro which shows ESC error.
The last time I was flying there were no issues and this happened 15days ago.

Hello. I have the same problem.
2023-6-6
Use props
djiuser_KViidplCNJ6b
lvl.1
Romania

Hello. When I power on the drone, on the RC it shows me this ESC messages:
ESC error. Contact DJI support for assistance (Code: 16080027)
ESC connection error. Repairs required. Contact dji support for assistance (Code:16100019)
If I leave the drone a while to cool down and I power it again, it works. Is it ok if it happens like this? I am afraid to go outdoors whit it, I don’t want any bad surprises
What should I do?
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules