Switch between Avata and FPV
1404 8 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I have been flying my Avata since I got it but want to also fly my DJI FPV.

I just tried going back to the FPV  and was successful but had to connect my iPhone to the goggles and run  DJI Fly.  I told me I had icompatible firmware and did a quick  update.  I followed the directions on the phone to connect the Goggles  V2, the FPV, and the remote successfully.

I then went back to the Avata and basically had to do the same thing  again, even though DJI Fly gave me a choice in the beginning to choose  which aircraft.

It is a process I can do but wondering if there is any easier, quicker  way since I fly for fun and will generally fly all mo drones in any  given session.  I also have a Mini 2.

So, just looking for any info.  Sure would be nice if there was a step  by step process somewhere.  Hmmm, maybe I should try that after I see  what the gang has to say.

2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Ranger7777. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Kindly ensure that the FPV Goggles V2, DJI Avata, and DJI FPV drone have all been updated to the latest version. If one of them is not up-to-date, you will need to update the firmware each time when you switch the aircraft model. You may attempt switching drones once more and then check if you will still be prompted to update the firmware before we can provide further advice. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2022-11-28
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony

Thanks, I will do that today and use DJI Assistant FPV version on all devices and will report back.  
2022-11-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today I did the same (I am with old FPV goggles V2) and though it's tedious I do not connect my phone - Just change from About -> device to DJI FPV - restart the goggles and rebind them and the controller and did it again going back (I just want to see whether my DJI FPV is operational )
2022-11-29
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

Alex_Markov

You are my hero!!!!!   Thanks so much for telling me about that About setting way at the bottom.  System was set up for Avata.  Went to the Change Aircraft setting in my Goggles V2 and changed to FPV.   Powered off the goggles, powered back up, rebind the Goggles and FPV by pressing FPV power till it beeps, pressed bind button on goggles, all good.  Pressed power on controller till it beeps and that did a rebind to aircraft and all is well!!!!  Sorry to repeat what everyone but me knows but wanted it all stuck in my tiny mind!  AS a note, I did verify latest firmware in all devices using the appropriate version on DJI Assistant.  Actually, when an update come out I do prefer doing it that way.
2022-11-29
Use props
dequiallo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 130548 ft
United States

This was very helpful as I had the same prob rebinding a motion controller back to the Avata from FPV today. I thought I was losing my mind.
2022-11-29
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

Yes, same process for the motion controller, just rebind to device. Turns out to be pretty easy and consistent across devices and aircraft.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ranger7777 Posted at 11-29 08:20
DJI Tony

Thanks, I will do that today and use DJI Assistant FPV version on all devices and will report back.

Hi, Ranger7777. Thanks for the prompt update, and we're pleased to know that the issue has been sorted out. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
Hemon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11551329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello.
We, professional drone operators, have a constant problem when switching glasses modes (avata - dji fpv drone - dji fpv system). Each time, after switching the system, it is necessary to link the control panel and glasses with the drone again. It's terribly inconvenient. Please tell me why this is so?
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules