Won't run quickshots because of GPS, but has GPS?
2851 10 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normlas
New

New Zealand

Hi all,
My mavic mini won't run any quickshots and gives the warning that there is not enough GPS, but I click on the satellite button and it says  connected to 9 or sometimes more satellites and has strong signal? And had enough GPS to renew the home point at take off???

Any suggestions - just how many satellites do you need to run a quickshot?

Cheers,
A
2022-11-28
Use props
Normlas
New

New Zealand

Never mind, found the asnwer, trioed it and works:
2022-11-28
Use props
Normlas
New

New Zealand

120ccpm
Captain
Flight distance : 1165823 ft
+ Add Friend
Personal Message
United States

7#
The message is completely incorrect and misleading, it happens when you try to enable QuickShots while in S or C mode. Switch to P mode and QuickShots will work, it has nothing to do with the GPS signal.
On a completely separate note, you're also getting a warning about the propellers rotating too fast. This has been covered at length here and there are very different opinions about it, with some believing it's a bug in the firmware. I think it's a legitimate warning and you should replace the offending props, no matter if they look perfect (when you land, the aircraft will signal which motor was spinning too fast).

2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Normlas. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Normally, QuickShots can be used when the drone refreshes the home point successfully, and the icon of the GPS signal turns white. Theoretically, it is recommended to use the QuickShots when eight satellites or above are reached, and the GPS signal icon turns white. Regarding the issue encountered, please note that Intelligent Flight Mode as QuickShots is only enabled when Position Mode is selected. Therefore, the comment you posted here is correct. We are pleased to know that you were able to resolve it. And by the way, if you can regenerate the error message while in Sport or CineSmooth mode, kindly share a screenshot with us so we may check it further. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-28
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-28 21:36
Hi, Normlas. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Normally, QuickShots can be used when the drone refreshes the home point successfully, and the icon of the GPS signal turns white. Theoretically, it is recommended to use the QuickShots when eight satellites or above are reached, and the GPS signal icon turns white. Regarding the issue encountered, please note that Intelligent Flight Mode as QuickShots is only enabled when Position Mode is selected. Therefore, the comment you posted here is correct. We are pleased to know that you were able to resolve it. And by the way, if you can regenerate the error message while in Sport or CineSmooth mode, kindly share a screenshot with us so we may check it further. Thank you for your continued support.

DJI Tony: DJI Fly displays an incorrect message ("GPS signal weak") when a user clicks on the QuickShots icon while in C or S Mode. This should be considered a bug, and we recently had a few people here on the forum who got tricked by it (see this thread and this one as examples). I would recommend passing this info to the developers, so they can fix it (display a meaningful message, instructing the user to switch to P mode).
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

120ccpm Posted at 11-29 09:51
DJI Tony: DJI Fly displays an incorrect message ("GPS signal weak") when a user clicks on the QuickShots icon while in C or S Mode. This should be considered a bug, and we recently had a few people here on the forum who got tricked by it (see this thread and this one as examples). I would recommend passing this info to the developers, so they can fix it (display a meaningful message, instructing the user to switch to P mode).

Good day, 120ccpm. Thank you for notifying us about this issue, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. We will have it forwarded to our related team for confirmation. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

120ccpm Posted at 11-29 09:51
DJI Tony: DJI Fly displays an incorrect message ("GPS signal weak") when a user clicks on the QuickShots icon while in C or S Mode. This should be considered a bug, and we recently had a few people here on the forum who got tricked by it (see this thread and this one as examples). I would recommend passing this info to the developers, so they can fix it (display a meaningful message, instructing the user to switch to P mode).

Hi, Captain. Thanks for your patience. May we confirm if you can reproduce the error message and share it with us? We're asking because we need to collect more data to further investigate this issue. We will be waiting for your confirmation.
2022-12-3
Use props
fans5d9bf537
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1841775 ft
United States

Don't use quickshots very often, but was frustrated today when I had 15 satellites and stated low GPS, yes I was in sport mode, will try in the normal mode and see what I get. Another "feature"
2022-12-3
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-3 22:22
Hi, Captain. Thanks for your patience. May we confirm if you can reproduce the error message and share it with us? We're asking because we need to collect more data to further investigate this issue. We will be waiting for your confirmation.

Hi DJI Tony, unfortunately I cannot help as my Mini is currently with DJI for what was supposed to be a quick and easy repair, which instead turned into a month-long ordeal (I had not 1 but 2 defective replacement aircrafts sent to me, and I'm awaiting the 3rd, hopefully functional...).
In any case, the steps for reproducing this error (latest DJI Fly version on iOS) are simple: put the aircraft in C or S mode, click on the QuickShots icon and DJI Fly will display a warning message saying something along the lines of "feature not available, GPS signal weak". Look at the two threads I mentioned above, one has a screenshot of it (although it's in Italian).
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

120ccpm Posted at 12-4 09:19
Hi DJI Tony, unfortunately I cannot help as my Mini is currently with DJI for what was supposed to be a quick and easy repair, which instead turned into a month-long ordeal (I had not 1 but 2 defective replacement aircrafts sent to me, and I'm awaiting the 3rd, hopefully functional...).
In any case, the steps for reproducing this error (latest DJI Fly version on iOS) are simple: put the aircraft in C or S mode, click on the QuickShots icon and DJI Fly will display a warning message saying something along the lines of "feature not available, GPS signal weak". Look at the two threads I mentioned above, one has a screenshot of it (although it's in Italian).

Thank you for your confirmation. We hope that you receive your replacement sooner and in perfect condition. We appreciate your suggestions as well. We will continue to monitor this concern and we will release an update once this has been rectified. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5d9bf537 Posted at 12-3 22:25
Don't use quickshots very often, but was frustrated today when I had 15 satellites and stated low GPS, yes I was in sport mode, will try in the normal mode and see what I get. Another "feature"

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We apologize if you're encountering the same errors. If possible, may we ask for a screenshot of the error message? If you can reproduce the error message, kindly let us know so we may further check this. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules