Unable to update Dji Goggles V2 via Assistant
5419 15 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smart Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153839 ft
Italy

Hello, just bought a pair of V2 - combo kit version - from a friend. V01.00.0606 is currently installed and goggles apparently are working fine and paired to several air unit but I'd like to update them to a more recent FW version.
When plugged to Assistant 2.1.2 they show version 0.00.000 installed and report a 5-100-4 error while trying to transfer new firmware to the goggles. I'm literally stuck!

2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Smart Pilot. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Check whether the “remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device” shown below is disabled. If so, enable it.

Please enter the "Device Manager" and then find "Network adapters">“Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device"

If the issue persists after following the above step, please provide the following information:

1. Windows system version number

2. A video showing the customer operation

3. Exported update error logs

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-29
Use props
Smart Pilot
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-29 19:13
Hello, Smart Pilot. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Check whether the “remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device” shown below is disabled. If so, enable it.
[view_image]

Pardon me but I forgot to mention Assistant is running on a MacOS Ventura system. Tried also on a different system with Big Sur instead, same results.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Smart Pilot Posted at 11-29 23:00
Pardon me but I forgot to mention Assistant is running on a MacOS Ventura system. Tried also on a different system with Big Sur instead, same results.

Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for letting us know about the Mac versions. May we ask if the Big Sur system is running with an M1 chip? We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2022-12-1
Use props
Smart Pilot
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 17:43
Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for letting us know about the Mac versions. May we ask if the Big Sur system is running with an M1 chip? We will wait for your update. Thank you.

Both systems are Intel based.
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Smart Pilot Posted at 12-1 21:59
Both systems are Intel based.

Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for getting back to us. Please try the following troubleshooting steps on both Mac devices:
1.  Disable System Integrity Protection(SIP)
Boot macOS in Recovery Mode. To do this, restart your computer and hold down the Command+R (⌘+R) keys simultaneously until entering Recovery mode. (Please do not use the Bluetooth keyboard, and do not click "Continue" after entering Recovery Mode
Restart your Mac.
2. Install the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 series software.
3.  Restart your Mac and launch DJI Assistant 2. Power on the DJI product and connect the product to your Mac via the USB cable. Then go to “Network” and it will show that the device is connected, indicating that the driver is installed successfully.
4. Re-enable SIP: Restart in macOS Recovery mode again with the Command+R (⌘+R) keys, then open a Terminal window and type: csrutil enable. Press the Enter key and restart your Mac.

We hope that this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-2
Use props
Smart Pilot
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 05:12
Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for getting back to us. Please try the following troubleshooting steps on both Mac devices:
1.  Disable System Integrity Protection(SIP)
Boot macOS in Recovery Mode. To do this, restart your computer and hold down the Command+R (⌘+R) keys simultaneously until entering Recovery mode. (Please do not use the Bluetooth keyboard, and do not click "Continue" after entering Recovery Mode

I tried attaching a different set of goggles and assistant work with them...

You've been doing nothing for a week but suggesting rather useless advice, useful only for those who have no idea how to turn on a pc.
Is there a tech rep I can talk to and who really *knows* something?
We're just wasting time here...
2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Smart Pilot Posted at 12-3 23:32
I tried attaching a different set of goggles and assistant work with them...

You've been doing nothing for a week but suggesting rather useless advice, useful only for those who have no idea how to turn on a pc.

Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for the update. We apologize for the inconvenience, I don't mean to offend you nor want you to feel that way. Please know that we are trying our best to help you out thus we need to provide every troubleshooting step needed to fix the issue. Kindly confirm if you were able to try the steps above.

You mentioned that you were using Assistant 2.1.2, I will assume that you were using DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). If that's what you were using please install DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) instead and update your DJI Goggles V2. Here's the download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

If the issue persists using that series kindly provide the following information below for further checking:

1. The screenshot of the Mac information. Enter the “Overview/System Information.” page, which includes information such as computer model, system version, processor, chip, internal storage card, graphic card, and serial number. (https://support.apple.com/en-ph/ ... tion/syspr35536/mac)
2. A video showing the operation and issue
3. Export the Log and send it to us

The default path of the upgrading Log is: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
The default path of the general Log is: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/log
1. Click "go to the folder", enter "~/Library" and then press Enter.
2. Open the "Application Support" folder.
3. Select the "DJI Assistant 2" folder and double-click to open it.
4. Export upgrade_log and log folders.

Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.
2022-12-6
Use props
Smart Pilot
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 23:48
Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for the update. We apologize for the inconvenience, I don't mean to offend you nor want you to feel that way. Please know that we are trying our best to help you out thus we need to provide every troubleshooting step needed to fix the issue. Kindly confirm if you were able to try the steps above.

You mentioned that you were using Assistant 2.1.2, I will assume that you were using DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). If that's what you were using please install DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) instead and update your DJI Goggles V2. Here's the download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I've installed Consumer Drone Version as per your request, nothing changed....
Assistant get stuck while trasmitting firmware to Goggles

My system shows no log directory inside Library...

System Information

Nome modello:        iMac
  Identificatore modello:        iMac19,1
  Nome processore:        Intel Core i9 8 core
  Velocità processore:        3,6 GHz
  Numero di processori:        1
  Numero totale di Core:        8
  Cache L2 (per Core):        256 KB
  Cache L3:        16 MB
  Tecnologia Hyper-Threading:        Abilitato
  Memoria:        64 GB
  Versione firmware di sistema:        1916.40.6.0.0
  Versione caricatore sistema operativo:        564.40.4~27
  Versione SMC (sistema):        2.46f12
  Numero di serie (sistema):        DGKYJJG8JV40
  Hardware UUID:        859644F0-E05C-533F-8793-51E2E2BCE9F5
  UDID per il provisioning:        859644F0-E05C-533F-8793-51E2E2BCE9F5

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=share_linkFirmware upgrading error
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Smart Pilot Posted at 12-7 00:36
I've installed Consumer Drone Version as per your request, nothing changed....
Assistant get stuck while trasmitting firmware to Goggles

Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for the quick response and for providing the needed information. Upon checking, the Google Link is not accessible. Please make the files/folder shareable by following the steps on this link: https://support.google.com/drive ... Platform%3DDesktop. In addition, may I confirm if you can update the firmware via DJI Fly? We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2022-12-7
Use props
Smart Pilot
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 03:34
Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for the quick response and for providing the needed information. Upon checking, the Google Link is not accessible. Please make the files/folder shareable by following the steps on this link: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop. In addition, may I confirm if you can update the firmware via DJI Fly? We will wait for your update. Thank you.

This link should work:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... -c/view?usp=sharing

DJI Fly doesn't detect goggles
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Smart Pilot Posted at 12-7 05:25
This link should work:

Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for the link.  I have forwarded this link to our relevant team for further checking. We will update you once we have received feedback from them. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Smart Pilot Posted at 12-7 05:25
This link should work:

Hi, Smart Pilot. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have now received feedback from our relevant team. Are you using the DJI FPV Goggles V2 with the air unit?  When using the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), it is not currently compatible with macOS version 11 or later. At present, it may be caused by compatibility issues.  We suggest that to use a Windows computer to update the firmware of the DJI FPV Goggles V2 if possible. If you don't have one, you may send it to our facility so that we can update it for you. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

In addition, upon checking the link, it only consists of the operation video. We will appreciate it if you can provide the exported logs for further analysis:
MAC:
a. Open "Finder", and press "SHIFT+COMMAND+G”.
b. Enter "~/Library/Application Support/,
c. Find "DJI Assistant 2/Goggles/log“.

We will wait for your update. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-9
Use props
vddsk
New

Sweden

Hello, i have new gogles V2 and  neither Smart assistant nor DJI fly app seeing them when connected to USB
2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

vddsk Posted at 7-5 10:21
Hello, i have new gogles V2 and  neither Smart assistant nor DJI fly app seeing them when connected to USB

Hi, vddsk. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Have you already tried to replace the USB-C cable? If so please make sure the cable is fully inserted into the goggles. I will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-6
Use props
socrbob
lvl.1
United States

Hello, i am having a similar problem. Running on Mac, sonoma 14.3, I am able to connect and update my mini 3 pro and remote controller 2 to my computer, but when I connect my googles 2 with the same cable setup nothing shows up on the assistant 2 consumer drones series 2.1.20. Any suggestions how to correct this? When I go thru the power and link procedure I can get everything linked but get the remote id error displayed on the googles. Again any suggestions on how to correct this?
2-7 03:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules