780 22 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Easby Abbey is just a few miles from Richmond Castle (see last video, still the same day of the journey). It was founded 1152 and most parts visible today date from the late 12th and 13th century.
Stanwick Iron Age Fort isn't even best viewed from the air - it's hardly visible at all, just a ditch and a bank going on and on. Maybe for a bit of proximity fpv.
Piercebridge Roman Bridge sports a couple of stones - foundations of a bridge built by the Romans in the 2th century.
Much more interesting is Mount Grace Priory, a Carthusian monastery. The monks were living as hermits in a community: Each had his own little house and garden and spent only a few services in the church together with the other monks. One of those houses has been rebuilt.
Gisborough Priory is mostly gone - except for the iconic east end still standing complete.
Last stop for the day are the Hunt Cliffs.

Music: hu-hanz-no-copyright-into the nature sky vol3

2022-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely video.
Very nicely captured. I like (as usual) the combination of ground- and drone shots!
2022-11-29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 07:21
Lovely video.
Very nicely captured. I like (as usual) the combination of ground- and drone shots!

Thanks a lot, Peter. Mix and match ;-)
2022-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Depp Posted at 11-29 08:12
Thanks a lot, Peter. Mix and match ;-)

You're welcome!
Exactly!
2022-11-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful video Depp. Great weather for the occasions too.
2022-11-29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 11-29 09:50
Beautiful video Depp. Great weather for the occasions too.

Thank you. Yes, as usual I was lucky with the weather.
2022-11-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 11-29 09:53
Thank you. Yes, as usual I was lucky with the weather.

Maybe you should become  a weather-forecaster
2022-11-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Strikingly beautiful footage Depp.    Very nice mix of stills and aerials.  Does appear you lucked out with some great weather for this outing.
2022-11-29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-29 14:54
Strikingly beautiful footage Depp.    Very nice mix of stills and aerials.  Does appear you lucked out with some great weather for this outing.

Thanks a lot, D!
Glad you like it.
So far I have always been lucky with the weather in the UK - if you don't expect 100 % sun, no wind and rain at all.
I'm starting to feel that the Brits totally exaggerate their bad weather...
2022-11-29
Use props
enikdem
Second Officer
Flight distance : 898520 ft
Greece

Beautiful footage and good editing
2022-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That cliff surfing was extreme.   good flying.  
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 11-29 23:03
Thanks a lot, D!
Glad you like it.
So far I have always been lucky with the weather in the UK - if you don't expect 100 % sun, no wind and rain at all.

You're very welcome Depp.    I did a tour at the American Embassy in London years back so I'm a tad familiar with the weather there.  Also spent some time in Northern Scotland where I found the weather to be a bit brutal in the winter but otherwise not too bad.  
2022-11-30
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

enikdem Posted at 11-29 23:36
Beautiful footage and good editing

Thanks a lot!
2022-11-30
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 02:00
That cliff surfing was extreme.   good flying.

Thanks, DA! Loved it. Was only frightened to get the Mini 2 back as it was rather low on battery when I flew out quite a bit to see behind that rocky outcrop.
2022-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 11-30 04:30
Thanks, DA! Loved it. Was only frightened to get the Mini 2 back as it was rather low on battery when I flew out quite a bit to see behind that rocky outcrop.

Ive had to land early and walk out and pick up the drone for misjudging that.   I usually land around 25% left but sometimes that wind can really catch you out.  
2022-12-1
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 01:13
Ive had to land early and walk out and pick up the drone for misjudging that.   I usually land around 25% left but sometimes that wind can really catch you out.

Yes, I started - unnecessarily - towards the drone but it came back no problem.
2022-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 12-1 04:29
Yes, I started - unnecessarily - towards the drone but it came back no problem.

I had a really odd one a few weeks ago,   drone disconnected from controller,   was supposed to be on RTH so I expected after a couple of minutes it would reconnect as it came back closer,  but nothing,   I waited a few minutes, still nothing,    so I packed the bag and started heading to where it was,   expecting it might be hovering and that as I got closer to would reconnect.   I was well away from the take off point when the drone flew over my head back towards the home point,   still no connection to the controller.    It tried to land but decided the ground was unstable so just hovered.   I got back to it,  rebooted the controller.  still nothing.    In the end I had to grab it from the air and flip it.     New battery installed and it would not connect until I re-paired it.  Not a good day.  
2022-12-2
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 00:47
I had a really odd one a few weeks ago,   drone disconnected from controller,   was supposed to be on RTH so I expected after a couple of minutes it would reconnect as it came back closer,  but nothing,   I waited a few minutes, still nothing,    so I packed the bag and started heading to where it was,   expecting it might be hovering and that as I got closer to would reconnect.   I was well away from the take off point when the drone flew over my head back towards the home point,   still no connection to the controller.    It tried to land but decided the ground was unstable so just hovered.   I got back to it,  rebooted the controller.  still nothing.    In the end I had to grab it from the air and flip it.     New battery installed and it would not connect until I re-paired it.  Not a good day.

Really a bit frightening. What if you had taken off in-between trees and flown forward? Most important that you get it back (for care refresh...)
2022-12-2
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Absolutely beautiful views
2022-12-11
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>