Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 3 Pro wrongly identified as a Phantom 4
933 18 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amit Dunsky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

As I watched my flight from today on the RC screen, I suddenly noticed the drone is identified as a Phantom 4 (needless to say: I'm positive my drone is a Mini 3 Pro.. ).
See here at the lowr left corner of the screen:

Screenshot_20221129-234452.png

So I checked previous videos to see if this is a newly introduced bug, and sure enough it was previously identified correctly. See here:

Screenshot_20220723-193707.png

To be perfectly clear: I'm using the latest firmware and Fly App version:

Screenshot_20221129-234703.png

Have you noticed that too?
DJI : Please advise.

Thank you.
2022-11-29
Use props
SPLflyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

See here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776
2022-11-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has been reported so hopefully DJI is working on a fix.  
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Amit. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate you giving the screenshots. We have forwarded this concern to our relevant team. Please rest assured that it will be fixed with the next updates. Your kind understanding is appreciated. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
Amit Dunsky
Second Officer
Israel

Thank you for relating to this issue.Another piece of information I probably should add to further help investigating it, is that when importing the log to AirData, it correctly identifies the drone type. This sugests to me, that the wrong identification is not within the data sent by the drone, but rather by a bug in the Fly App.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 084903.png
2022-11-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6180449 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes I've noticed the same thing since the latest update.  I did have a Phantom 4 a while ago, but no longer.
2022-11-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-29 15:28
It has been reported so hopefully DJI is working on a fix.

l  noticed the same thing with mine.
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-30 04:00
l  noticed the same thing with mine.

One of the Mods stated at least 3 weeks back that it would be fixed in an update so hopefully it makes the very next update.  Not a show stopper for sure but would be nice to get it correct.
2022-11-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-30 04:34
One of the Mods stated at least 3 weeks back that it would be fixed in an update so hopefully it makes the very next update.  Not a show stopper for sure but would be nice to get it correct.

Just an administrative hiccup really.
2022-11-30
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-29 17:17
Hi, Amit. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate you giving the screenshots. We have forwarded this concern to our relevant team. Please rest assured that it will be fixed with the next updates. Your kind understanding is appreciated. Thank you for your valued support.

Please ask the software engineers to also address metric units displaying for logs even when Imperial units have been selected.  (on Android, not sure if this affects iOS also)
2022-11-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
Flight distance : 10238648 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is a serious upgrade!  Nicely done to eeek a P4 out of a Mini3!
2022-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amit Dunsky Posted at 11-29 22:48
Thank you for relating to this issue.Another piece of information I probably should add to further help investigating it, is that when importing the log to AirData, it correctly identifies the drone type. This sugests to me, that the wrong identification is not within the data sent by the drone, but rather by a bug in the Fly App.

[view_image]

If you upload the txt flight log to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and then download the resulting csv you can check how the drone is 'seen' in the log.
2022-11-30
Use props
Amit Dunsky
Second Officer
Israel

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-30 09:12
If you upload the txt flight log to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and then download the resulting csv you can check how the drone is 'seen' in the log.

Take a look up this thread. The drone is seen correctly in the log. It's probably the RC that has the bug (or, maybe this is actually a glitch related to something DJI is planning for the coming updates...)
2022-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amit Dunsky Posted at 11-30 10:39
Take a look up this thread. The drone is seen correctly in the log. It's probably the RC that has the bug (or, maybe this is actually a glitch related to something DJI is planning for the coming updates...)

Guess what?
I had read the entire thread, in fact I quoted the post in which you posted the screen captures of the airdata output, did you not see that???????   

All I was suggesting is that you can see for yourself what is in the log if you followed the instructions.
2022-11-30
Use props
Amit Dunsky
Second Officer
Israel

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-30 11:36
Guess what?
I had read the entire thread, in fact I quoted the post in which you posted the screen captures of the airdata output, did you not see that???????   

My misunderstanding. Sorry for that.
2022-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amit Dunsky Posted at 11-30 13:12
My misunderstanding. Sorry for that.

No problem
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-30 04:47
Just an administrative hiccup really.

Exactly right.  
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-30 05:21
Please ask the software engineers to also address metric units displaying for logs even when Imperial units have been selected.  (on Android, not sure if this affects iOS also)

Hi, Dirty Bird. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-1
Use props
primeshooter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem on mine.
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules